How to make your own UI ?

chova99

Fledgling Freddie
Ok im working atm on a new UI but i have encountered a problem on the way.

TGA. files i have read alot of forum posts about em how u make em and such but none of em really found my interest of trying becouse they all were about other things such as, backgrounds and stuff nothing like the box(chatbox,mini-grp,exp bar)

Now i dont know how many here have made there own UI's apart from aloca(aqe) and Caden what i wonna know is if any here could give me a quick tutorial how to make one with how pictures have to be cut in what ways how u set it all togetther and all that requires to build a UI from scratch please mention what programs used aswell. thx :>

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
i might be able to help ya out mate.. i haven't made my own UI, but i've been customizing other ppls UI's to fit me better and to fix bugged things.
I've got some experience with .tga files and I've allso been playing around alot with the DAoC UI Editor.
I'm allso quite experienced web programmer, and XML (Extended Markup Language) is actually a language made for the web in the first place, but it's so incredibly useful that you can use it for allmost anything.. nah not really, but it's very useful :D
I'll try to see if I can get the time to help you out.
I'll get back to you later.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
I made some .tga how it is mentioned on daocmods FAQ and im sure it worked. Then now (after NF) i cant get the .tga to work anymore. I would like to see a solution here tbh, coz now im locked to use graphics from other mods.

First of all you need DAOC User Interface Editor v1.00

To make windows of your tga files...

- Go in the assets panel and define the files you want to add to the project.
- Then go in the template pannel and make your controls like button's, scaler's, window's, etc...
- Then go to the windows pannel. Here you put the controlls you made into window's

GL with the modding ;)

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
im working on a small tutorial on how to get started and i will allso show you how to make your very first compass.

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
http://kockenvillhastorkuk.mine.nu/mkui/

there you go mate.
Not the best tutorial but i hope it can be to some help and i hope you'll learn something from it.

here s a pic of the working compass that i made wil making the tutorial:

working.jpg

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Very helpfull Zaphira, think I'll have a try :)

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Nice job,

Here you go if you prefer a pdf.
pdf+zip

Note to the author: Give me a message if you dont want me to host this pdf and i take it down, Greetings ;)

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
Deadnala said:
Nice job,

Here you go if you prefer a pdf.
pdf+zip

Note to the author: Give me a message if you dont want me to host this pdf and i take it down, Greetings ;)

I love to share and i hate to take credit for it, so go ahead and do whatever you want with the stuf that i have made.
Infact i command you to steal my stuff :wij:
Thx for the pdf btw. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom