How to make Paladins better in RvR

B

Balbor

Every one moans that there Pally is rubbish in RvR, i don't know but how about a anti assassin RA chant that de-stelths people that get too close. Everyone will love them then :)

A

Apathy

Maybe a chant that stops people from being healed...

And a chant that takes buffs off people...

And a horse made of marshmallow that eats endurance from enemies...

a.

O

old.TeaSpoon

Paladins suck in RvR? All I hear is "I wish you were a Paladin Teaspoon" :rolleyes:

N

-naetha-

Paladins are great in RvR so long as you play tactically and don't just run around zerging. If you're just up for that, then roll a merc.

You can't beat paladins in a well organised RvR group - hence the retiring of my level 50 merc and the rolling of my now level 45 pally ;)

:bazbeer:

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by old.TeaSpoon
Paladins suck in RvR? All I hear is "I wish you were a Paladin Teaspoon" :rolleyes:

well at least your stick is larger

P

parisienscot

Just because you can't run off on your own and kill other players quickly doesn't mean you are crap in rvr - ok maybe crap solo but rvr should really be about team play - and paladins are of great use to any group with end regen, magic resists, shield stopping casters / healers getting interrupted etc.

Just because it's not you that kills them doesn't mean to say you shouldn't feel good about (and take the credit for) helping others do it - ask any Midgard Healer, they can't kill anything usually but are excellent in rvr.

K

kr0n

Give them a special stone which resets their baseclass to Armsman, resets Realm Skills and Spec. points.

T

Turamber

Paladin's aren't an 'uber' kill-em-all class but they are an excellent addition to any Albion RvR group. Armsmen are so one dimensional - and all they do is hit things a bit harder, how interesting :eek:

G

Glacier

Shield Pala + Friar is a very good rvr team imo the buffs+resist buffs, end chant, guard on friar..., friar with guard.., ehem! 2 taunt shouts for interrupts... friar with heals in desperate situations.. imo this is one of the best rvr duo's it is... but then again, you'll just get run over by a zerg anyhow if ur not up early in the morning or hiding really well!

and pala gimps in rvr?? lol, tank with res and end regen.... with bards u got both ++ but ppl seem to go ballistic everytime they see a drum/lute, and they try to eat you.. wich they can do fairly well... but noone fancies taking out the pala's first...

imo pala is NEEDED for a good rvr grp, and ppl who say they r gimps? they r not! end of story :p

A

Archeon

Originally posted by parisienscot
ask any Midgard Healer, they can't kill anything usually but are excellent in rvr.

Too true, i do wish from time to time healers had more of an ability to solo but then i figure. What the hell, most people would kill for some of the cool spells healers get...

..wait... i'm a mend healer... well i still kick some serious ass, AE mez is over-rated anyway :)

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by Sagba
Paladin>Armsman
Friar>Mercenary
Beer>All

Nope.Any class can be good aslong as you have fun and like playing as it who gives a shit what others think?

In my opinion pala=armsman=merc=friar.

There IS NO better of them sigh.

As for palas in rvr they seem ok nothing wrong with them,they got end regen now which was a nice add to the class.

S

Sagba

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Nope.Any class can be good aslong as you have fun and like playing as it who gives a shit what others think?
Yes, any class can be good and yes, having fun is the most important thing.

There IS NO better of them sigh.
Said it many times and will say it again: S/S Paladin is better than S/S Armsman. Feel free to disagree, I dont care, but Paladin can do the same things as Armsman, they have chants and good RA(FH). Still, Armsman is great class and fun to play :)

W

Wolfeh

my paladin is utter shit only things that cant kill it are shadow blades......iv been assured it gets better the higher level i get so im gonna continue with it :/

T

Turamber

Originally posted by Wolfeh
my paladin is utter shit only things that cant kill it are shadow blades......iv been assured it gets better the higher level i get so im gonna continue with it :/

What level is your Pally and how is he specced? In any event Paladin's aren't intended to 'own' everyone in sight - but to be a good group tank which keeps others alive, and that is the best way to play it.

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Turamber
What level is your Pally and how is he specced? In any event Paladin's aren't intended to 'own' everyone in sight - but to be a good group tank which keeps others alive, and that is the best way to play it.

I'd just like to point out that Paladin heal song has saved my butt many many times in RVR - for casters it can mean the difference between life and death when dotted.

Just think - you can single handedly keep 7 nukers alive who would otherwise have died - that can seriously change the tide of a big RVR battle.

Pallies we love you - don't respec to smelly armsmen ;)

O

old.Normengast

Do you know when people whine the least?

In february, it has the fewest days of all the months.

N

-naetha-

My level 45 pally can solo red cons unbuffed and still finish on full health, or solo multiple yellow cons. I can't say its fast, but it is effective.
I'm aiming for an average spec at level 50 (46 chants, 39 slash, 42 shield 24ish parry) and hopeing to do a fair bit of group RvR - solo RvR doesn't exist any more unless you're a stealther.

M

mib666

Originally posted by -naetha-
My level 45 pally can solo red cons unbuffed and still finish on full health, or solo multiple yellow cons. I can't say its fast, but it is effective.
I'm aiming for an average spec at level 50 (46 chants, 39 slash, 42 shield 24ish parry) and hopeing to do a fair bit of group RvR - solo RvR doesn't exist any more unless you're a stealther.

Which red con mobs?

C

case-rigantis

I can solo purple con succs or spiders

red con shredders etc np at all

i`m level 50 though :p

have also killed any armsmen i`ve faced 1 on 1 in duals s/s or pole or hybrid

friars kick my ass though :(

N

naetha

Red con guardsmen/achiators/othersillynamedmobs in Avalon city, I doubt they're a high red con, but they're still red :clap:
I do have MoBlocking and MoParry 1 though, makes a bit of a difference.

G

gwyneth-love

Pala`s are really good in RvR .. in groups the own cause of End chant and good Caster protection but even solo they are really good when played right ,. I solo allt with Drizzt in odins and have allot if 1 vs 1 which i win 90% of the time ,. as long as you avoid the groups you`ll be fine... ofc Full MP plate and decent rr level helpe`s

H

hiban

Dont play chars thats no fun in RvR for starters. Since RvR:ing is what you will do when u reach 50 (for most ppl atleast)... Most of the chars that can solo high conned mobs can manage pretty well in RvR as well most of the time, one way or another. Cant see why pallies shouldnt...

Think its pretty much how u play the chars that matters... Ofc u dont get much out of a defensive char by camping amg in emain with 20 ppl+, killing single blueconned enemies ;)

A

-ag-bometal

Givf 2H 50 Style decapitate that insta kills a realm enemy ;)

Or just givf 2H some luving plz :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom