how to make daoc movie?

D

drewdor

Need help how to make a daoc movie in fraps. When i use fraps its 640x400 resolution and lowest in daoc is 800x600 so i cant see half picture, can i have higher in fraps or is there a better prog then fraps... any1 knows?

G

Groborthir

You can record at full screen if you buy the retail Fraps 2.0.

AFAIK the free version of Fraps (1.x) is limited to 640*400, and is probably the one you're using.

W

werewolf

anyone know wher u can find this crack version ?

J

Jaem

most likely kazaa and other such networks... but I wouldn't know about that ofc :p

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by werewolf
anyone know wher u can find this crack version ?
or you could support the guy for making a program you have a use for. ( read: buy it? might be a new concept for some )

G

Groborthir

Originally posted by Whisperess
or you could support the guy for making a program you have a use for. ( read: buy it? might be a new concept for some )

Bloody well said.

You all play DAoC, which means you all have VISA, which means you all have a means of paying for Fraps 2.0 which, compared to other high-end software capturing programs, is cheap as hell. 30$ one-time fee is all it costs, and on top of being able to record DAoC movies with a clear conscious, you also get special support and community forums.

It's lame not to pay for this program, it's the best there is, and still stays clear of micro$oft prices. Support the damn fellow who wrote it. :/

W

Whisperess

Only thing I don't like about it is PayPal - a bit too much information that I have to give out to be able to register the program.

M

Mid - Kirinia

Hmm I've just tried fraps out myself. Lags my computer loads when I record something though. Then when I watch the video it's all jumpy. Anyone know a way to make it all run smoother?

D

Damon_D

Pfftt paypal..thats nice my bank wont work with those fuckers , so I cant registrer my visa with em :m00:

G

Groborthir

Originally posted by Mid - Kirinia
Hmm I've just tried fraps out myself. Lags my computer loads when I record something though. Then when I watch the video it's all jumpy. Anyone know a way to make it all run smoother?

Upgrade your computer. Especially your CPU, harddisk and RAM. :)

M

Marcus75

How do you go about adding fancy graphics and text then? Any music?

G

Groborthir

Originally posted by Marcus75
How do you go about adding fancy graphics and text then? Any music?

By using Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere, VirtualDub, etc. Video editing programs, in other words.

C

Cush

if you got a very very very very large disk it will not fill very fast

G

Groborthir

I recorded my movies at 1024*768, 20 FPS and with no sound. The file sizes would approximately be around 5 GB per 5-10 minutes of movie material.

If you then edit, with Adobe Premiere and VirtualDub as I do, you also need to have room for the clips of which your movie consists who are edited together.

So obviously you need a lot of harddisk space. But as a general rule: don't make movies unless you have a big computer. :)

Users who are viewing this thread