how to lure more victims into DAOC

O

old.Bometal

For many, many weeks now, i have tried to persuade several of my friends to start playing DAOC. Unfortunaly, makes the idea of actually "paying" to play a game, them shiver.

When i can lure them in my room and behind my PC, I can't even persuade them with ingame views of action ( although i must admit, that a paladin lost in Camp Forrest isn't an exciting sight, but hey, i was drunk :) )

So I would be nice imho that the good old beta demo comes back.

Just put DAOC on a webserver for download, let them create a account that works for 1 week and u will have tonnes of fresh blood entering DAOC.

The beta traped me and my friends into DAOC and made us addicts... (Although i really sucked in the beta, made a lvl 12 gimped sorc in 3 weeks play).

If there was a demo, i know already 10 ppl who will play the demo and even buy it :) (the SOB don't want to pay 40 € now to try it out and i am not giving my paladin to a noob for further gimpation :)

Maybe a way to populate our english servers more :)

K

klavrynd

/curses at Bometal for setting up this trap called daoc.

You owe me a social life!

F

Flimgoblin

Sounds like what Anarchy Online does ... lots of banner adds with their free-week thing (at least I saw a lot a while ago.. don't go to warcry or allakhazam much anymore so not sure if they're still doing it)

What would be better is a budget version of Camelot, 6 quid for the box with your free month.

Stick it in Sainsbury's next to Tribes2... did a world of good for that game :) (or at least it clogged up the BW servers with lots of newbies... whether this is a good thing or not is up for discussion :))

That would give it coverage.. having it on the shelves of somewhere other than EB/Game in britain would be a good result too :(

A

Alrindel

There is an operation like this currently running in France.

http://www.camelot-europe.com/fr/pub/oppcteam.php

Currently available in tens of thousands of magazine stands and bookstores all over France, in the gaming magazine section, a special 80-page magazine all about DAoC with lots of screenshots, articles (how to get started, how to craft, introduction to RvR) written by PC-Team magazine editors, and colour maps of all the zones. And the full CD-ROM of the game, and two free weeks of play on a special game server accessible only to people signing up for this demo. It was E6.90 (I bought one for the maps, much nicer than the printouts off the web that I have now :) )

Hopefully if this works well they can reinitialize the server in English and do the same thing in the UK.

F

Flimgoblin

Wow, cool :)

Here's hoping! That'd hopefully get a few more on the servers, maybe enough to get that third english server ye're all after.

If I didn't already own it I'd buy one meself ;)
:clap: :clap:

B

Brannor McThife

Btw, go check out all those video's made about DAoC...that one lass really knows here stuff...I still watch that Heart of Albion movie every now and then...

-G

O

old.tRoG

yup, just show them an aladora movie and theyll go

wow! cool game.. where can i buy it?!

bwahahaha. /kiss aladora

that magazine thing is quite a good idea.

and what do you mean clutters up the bw servers with n00bs? i happened to have bought t2 the other week and i am the best vehicle driver this side of mars!

its great fun flying over the the enemy base and just running over the enemy heavies for everyone else to jump out and get the flag. mind you, i hate those damned homing missile things...

why the hell am i talking about t2 on a daoc forum? the lord only knows. i teh off topic d00d!!!11

F

Flimgoblin

Not dissing the newbies :) newbies are good... without newbies there would be no vets...

Spose I was a bit ambivalent there :) but I'm all for them.

Hrm might have to go frag you sometime :) what's yer nick? (not that I play pubs much these days... too busy DAoCing ... only play clan matches)

[BDX] Makhail here :)

O

old.tRoG

KiLLaH TeDDy

or something. but i really, really, really, suck balls at everything but driving vehicles :)

hardly ever play unless daoc is down/ im bored/ must kill! kill kill kill! diiiiiiiie! bwaha!

D

deadparrot

Originally posted by Fingoniel

Stick it in Sainsbury's next to Tribes2... did a world of good for that game :) (or at least it clogged up the BW servers with lots of newbies... whether this is a good thing or not is up for discussion :))

Well that explains where the hundreds of names + a huge number ("killer29748" etc.) came from last time i played :)

O

old.Cru

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Btw, go check out all those video's made about DAoC...that one lass really knows here stuff...I still watch that Heart of Albion movie every now and then...

-G

Nah that Come As You Are video is the best one!

O

old.tRoG

for albion is teh r0xx0r!

even if it is a bit patriotic and swaying towards the filthy alb lovers end of the scale.

WE SHALL NEVER YIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

Col|

Anyone got a link?

I've seen the Come as you are one, just interested in seeing some of the others

O

old.Tohtori

how to lure more victims into DAOC eh?

Send me in! I'm good at gettting attention! Ask Sickofit...(tm)
:p

B

Breni

Originally posted by Carnelian
Anyone got a link?

I've seen the Come as you are one, just interested in seeing some of the others

Go here for all your DAoC Movie needs! Well, most of them, anyway.

O

old.Bometal

*g* I was rather thinking of a demo that could be downloaded in just like in the beta...

I tryed the movies, believe me...

U got to let them play...

Once u passed lvl 5, there is no way back....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom