How to level?...

J

Jaem

ok here it is, recently I wanted to play a group based charactor, choose sup sm, all fine.

But where are the nice groups that was played with back when I did me skald last year?

As I've like solo'd 80-90% of what I've done in this game, and now trying to do a group charactor, its rather disappointing tbh.

How am I able to level this char, when, I've un regular play times (so can't plan a pbae group), through RL stuff, basicaly sucking at soloing myself and current attiudes to in the game lately?

Advise please...

L

luktar

i press find group members button and pm like a madmen.. if you are polite you usually get a grp and hopefully they are nice.

G

Gamah

aye its bad in all realms...everywhere you go in albs its necrps PL'ing alts not many real grps anymore :<

O

old.Trine Aquavit

1. Switch LFG on
2. Use LFG window
3. PM any groups around your level
4. PM any seers around or just below your level
5. Hunt in areas where groups of your level often hunt. See if there are any groups with space and ask them nicely.

Always be polite and smiley :)

If you're still not in luck then solo a while and try again later.

I've found that I've had more luck running different characters. I log onto my Warrior first and try to find a group. If I have no luck I log onto one of my seers. I hate soloing, so I find this works fairly well.

V

Vireb

i am leveling an alt on mid pry with some friends from alb excal , theres 5 of us atm and we all level together

Trista (healer) (my gf seeaira from excal)
Trita (skald) (taranee from excal)
Hrothgar (warrior) (sadireh from excal)
Larit (thane) (mirax from excal)
Malachy (shaman) (myself)

we all play using ventrilo voice chat server so if you dont mind a quiet /gr or have a headset and wanna chat too im sure if you pm us when were on we can find you space (we will need an sm or 2 when we go malmo :))
And if you do have a headset we have a good laugh in the game when we play makes pve so much more fun :)
and we are all like 33-34 atm proberly be 35 tonight

B

boomeruk

respec to summ, duo with a healer or shammy to 40 then respec back to supp and go to malmo :)

J

Jaem

Originally posted by boomeruk
respec to summ, duo with a healer or shammy to 40 then respec back to supp and go to malmo :)

I went to sup cause I wanted group play, and respec at 40 to dark ;P

R

Roo Stercogburn

Yay dark :bazbeer:

Recommend if you are intending to respec for sure at 40 all your points prior to that go into a single line, in this case suppression. That way you have the most choice of options what to do at 40 :)

... but you may have already figured this out so I'll shut up now :D

B

boomeruk

aye mate, but as previously stated... group play is near none exsistant in all realms on all servers, its either pbae xp groups or guild / pl groups :(

your best hope is to get in a good, friendly guild and level with mates, i see your in SON, dont they have anyone your level xping? :D

J

Jaem

I was Shadow's of Ragnarok, don't really belong in SoN

R

Roo Stercogburn

I don't think grouplay is dead. Though I admit I've had my lean periods when groups were extremely difficult to come by, I've found since getting my healer past 40 I get groups most of the time. Having levelled a few toons now I've decided that the 25-39 levels are the hardest to play in game: its before your final spec comes into play properly and after all the fast levelling lowbie groups are over and done with. You're too high for the lowbie groups and too low for the high level and raid groups unless with guildmates.

Lots of soloers on each night and since the LFG window got upgraded so its actually useful now lots of people use it at all levels. The risk is of course you can end up in some bad groups and I've had my fair share of these (ok ok I'm usually running them "Nah just pull it, I don't think its all that purple. Yes I'm sure it doesn't BAF. Oh bugger...").

What level's your SM Jaem?

D

dozigden

Ive found the looking for group function has worked a lot better than i thought it would when leveling my savage. Its really worth trying it, people seem more accomadating, they know it hard to build groups.

G

grejmo

Best way, and if not the only way, is to make a well balanced grp with your friends (If you have any) and then go kill :D

gl

J

Jaem

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
What level's your SM Jaem?

Only 23, can see I've found it a hard time, only advanced 3 levels :(

I try the lfg features, most of the time. its usualy people just soloing to 24 for thid... and don't have time for people trying to go beyound 24.
If lucky to get a group, they soon split after a few dings, when they thid level.

Originally posted by grejmo

Best way, and if not the only way, is to make a well balanced grp with your friends (If you have any) and then go kill

gl

As I stated in my question... I've no time to set up a pbae groups with strangers or friends cause I can't set times cause of RL stuff.

I was in one with my savage, and quit it because they thought they could replace me for 2 hours when they knew what time I was able to come on, so I'm not up for that type of thing.

J

Jaem

Grouping not like I remember it :(
Used to be able to msg GL's asking for group around the undead camp and get "fg sowwy, but I'll pm ya when theres a spot" etc, when got place, peopled like stayed there for the full day... wheres that gone? :(

O

old.moriath

lol UC and ygg was killed off ages ago by albs constantly grey killing there

now most go to df at least you get some warning when your about to be zerg'd

C

Cush

One of the biggest misstake most ppl do when they try and make a group is that they do there own level +4-5 levels instead of the opposit..

C

Cinwin

Originally posted by Jaem
I was Shadow's of Ragnarok, don't really belong in SoN

Quite a disturbing comment you put here mate. Perhaps you should have a talk with Grivne when you're both next online to see why you dont really belong .. and if you still feel that way perhaps you should leave and find another guild ?

Personally I would like you to stay ... though tbh I dont know you so do what you think is best.

As far as finding groups are concernced .. I havent ever seen you shout in /gu looking for a group, but regrettably even if you did I feel that most members are doing their own thing, or worse still, doing really stupid things that makes me not want to group. (Agro-body pull in DFalls that causes a wipeout from sheer stupidity springs to mind .. no names Grivne ;) :D)

The other people who have posted in this thread also have good ideas - put yourself onto LFG, Use the group-finder thing, and PM people about your level. Always be polite though and accept no means nothing personal.

I have also found if you have a couple of alts, perhaps a trader (for the times when you just cant be bothered with XPin and just wanna chat), then there is always things to do.

You could also try RL, though I hear only ill-informed people do that ;) :D

Cinwin

Users who are viewing this thread