How to get systemspec overview?

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
Soz for putting this up here, but since the other topic got closed I'm asking again, and hoping someone can answer. Tilda asked for the systemspecs, illu (see below) and others produced a nice clean systemspec report. Can anyone tell me how this is generated? Are there programms about that do this?

Thanks on beforehand.

Asq

illu said:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
System Model: A7N8X-E
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6600 GT
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (85Hz)
Monitor: Default Monitor
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7189 (English)

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
I think you go to start -> run then type dxdiag and hit enter. You'll get a screen with lots of technical information on it. somewhere there'll be a "Save all information" button (or something to that effect). Use it and you can save the complete technical specs of your machine to a simple text file. Then just cut/paste what you need.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This will work assuming you have DirectX installed (almost certain these days). As a small word of warning, don't blindly cut and paste the output onto public forums as it will include system particulars such as your IP address amongst other things, so be prepared to edit a few details out as necessary.

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
if you don't have DirectX installed then you can't play DAoC.... (renderer creation failure or whatever) ;)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ssera said:
if you don't have DirectX installed then you can't play DAoC.... (renderer creation failure or whatever) ;)

when Jupitus last played DAOC they didnt have DirectX, so youll have to forgive him :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom