How to get Numpad work as numbers?

S

shius

I would like to know if theres a way to get your Qbar keys to work on numpad.

Thanks.

A

Archeon

Re-assign the autorun button, i think that works.

I think there is a way you can by-pass autorun, but its probably quicker to just re-assign the key

S

shius

Re-Assigning the RunLock button did not help.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

S

Sibanac

Dont think you can, they are hard coded to those keys, not the ascii value they send.

When playing on an azerty keyboard, you need shift to type a number but in daoc you can just slam the key with the number on no need for shift, while if you use shift, you switch qbar

S

shius

There have to be someway to bind those Qbar keys..
Wonder why it does not work like it should, basicly it should switch between number and and arrow etc keys when pressing numlock.

Anyone know if there is somekind of program for re-binding keyboard keys?
I had a joystick software that worked for binding keyboard keys on joystick buttons..

Thanks.

M

Meatballs

I thought the numlock key switched the keypad from having Up/Down/Left/Right (8 2 4 6 respectively) to just being numbers?

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by shius
There have to be someway to bind those Qbar keys..
Wonder why it does not work like it should, basicly it should switch between number and and arrow etc keys when pressing numlock.

Anyone know if there is somekind of program for re-binding keyboard keys?
I had a joystick software that worked for binding keyboard keys on joystick buttons..

Thanks.

It is working like it should, otherwise ther e would be no end to the problems with international versions (read non qwerty keyboards)

while in most programs numpad numbers and normal number keys seem to do the same, at system lvl they are not the same keys

S

shius

It should switch Left/Right/Up/Down/End/Home/Pg Up/Pg Dn/Numpad Center/Ins between
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/0 but not with Daoc ..

Only thing that occured after i re-assigned the the runlock key(numlock)
was that the keys dont work properly when numlock switched to numbers.. they still work as arrows tho but not properly when i try to move with them i either move slow like pressing forward and backward at the same time or when moving sideways i get 2 secs interrupts like the key would not be responding for 2 sec.

U

Uriron

get a Belkin nostromo gampad, allows u to bind any keypress or combination of keypresses to a button on gamepad.

Usefull for creating "macros" in terms of timed keypad presses

Not sure if it is classed as cheating, i can see how some would.

here

S

shius

Just need a software to assign the 1-9 keys to some other ones on keyboard or get the numpad work as numbers with daoc.
I like a plain old keyboard and if everything is automated its not fun to play ;p

A

Armalite

Aye, the plain old cheap ones you can spill coffee, water, soda, etc.. on and they still work. Just accept that everything don't work in this game and get on with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom