How to find the old-world Instances

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Since the Instances don't show on in-game maps in the Classic dungeons (because the Classic dungeons themselves don't have maps, annoyingly), I thought it might be useful for people to know where they are. So I took my Skald out last night round the dungeons, found all the Instance entrances, and here's how to get to them all:

Nisse's Lair:

1: Is on the corridor where Haunt roams - take the first right as you go into Nisse's, then the first left and it's in front of you up a ramp.
2: Is in the antechamber to Hnaki's room - go straight on as you go into Nisse's, down the ramps into larger corridors and follow these along until it all veers upwards and turns into narrow corridors again. Just after the little chamber on the left with the Tomte Witch Doctor in it is another chamber with the second NL Instance entrance there.

Cursed Tomb:

1: Turn right in the first room, follow the corridor along, turn right again in the next room and it's around the next bend towards the room with the Poisonous Cave Spiders in it.
2: Is in the far wall of the Haggert room towards the bottom of the dungeon. Go past the first Instance entrance to the Cave Spider room and take the first right in there, down a ramp and through a small round antechamber to the Haggert room, there it is. Haggert drops a nice cloak for characters in their 20s, by the way, Haggert's Shroud - +6 Str/Con/Dex/Qui.

Vendo Caverns:

1: Turn left in the first room, the entrance is in the first little Goblin chamber in front of you.
2: Go straight ahead through the first chamber, through the room with the Cave Bears in, and turn left in the next chamber. Go down a ramp and follow the corridor along, the entrance to the second VC Instance is a few more yards along here.

Varulvhamn:

1: Go straight on in first room, round the bend you'll find a room with Crazed Lycantics and Werewolf Churls in (it's the chamber with Faz in a little annexe on the right), the entrance is in the left wall.
2: Bit of a trek to find this one - if you already know where High Lord Athulf hangs out, it's in his antechamber.
If not, here's how to get there: go through the room described above and follow the corridor round and down to a large chamber with a stone bridge in it (Werewolf Scruffs at the far end of the bridge in an alcove). Go on down the ramp ahead of you to the lower level of the dungeon, and take the second of the two tunnels that face you at the bottom of the ramp (the spot where going left would take you to the Lords Room). Follow this along until you get to a T-junction with a corridor and turn right - immediately ahead of you should be a room with Forodande Wargs in (they have an aggro range of about a light-year, you'll know when they're near :D). Turn right in that room, go up the ramp and turn right again past the Elite Guards, down the ramp and follow the corridor along and round to the antechamber to High Lord Athulf's chamber - the entrance to the instance is in the wall on the right.

Spindelhalla:

1: Is in the big Terra Crab room. Go into Spindel, follow the corridor around to the big Svartalf room, turn right and immediately right again, follow the corridor around and you'll see a big room full of Terra Crabs and some Scorpions. The entrance is in an alcove at the end of the left wall.
2: Is also a bit of a trek. Go through the Svartalf room and follow the corridors down to the infamous Scav Room (big stone bridge, lots of Ekyps Scavengers, usually some twat of a BD gone AFK while his left-on-aggro pets bugger up the pulls for everyone else. You can't miss it:D). Go along the bridge and into the little corridor ahead of you with the Mad Kobolds in it, follow the corridor along till you come to a chamber with Djupt Uslings and Vivunders visible ahead - the Instance entrance is in an alcove in the left wall here.

Hopefully this info will be useful for people trying to find the classic Midgard Instances...it would be nice if someone from Hibernia and Albion could provide a matching guide for players in those realms :).

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Changed the title a bit so we can have all three realms here:

Stonehenge Barrows:

1. In the "barbarian room". From the entrance go ahead to the goblins, turn left then left again and the instance is on the left side of the chamber.

2. By the advisors I'm told but I'll let someone else give directions.

Tepok's mine:

1. Enter the dungeon and past the crabs, into the first large chamber, up the steps, into the tunnel and left.

2. Down by the juggernaughts, I'll let someone else give detailed directions :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
good job with instances, can you also include the level range for the instances, or doesn't it matter?

:m00:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
scorge said:
good job with instances, can you also include the level range for the instances, or doesn't it matter?

:m00:

They're pretty much linked to the level of the dungeon's they're in; the Instance that's further into the dungeon will be slightly higher level than the one nearer the dungeon entrance. When you enter an Instance it tells you how many players, and of what level, it's geared to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom