How to break mezz in RvR

A

Arthwyr

Kinda annoying to get my ass handed to me after we get the mezz in first because some fool jumps the trigger on his aoe or runs of to the other primary mezzer and just "whacks" him. So maybe this helps:

1: If you are about to break mezz on an enemy that has instas do it with a stun move. If you just hit him he kicks in his insta and you end up biting the dust. Releasing mezz with a stun is good for all classes really as long as you have the end.

2:If you stand there alone infront of the guy and there is alot of albs around wait to break mezz on him before a couple of others gathered around you so you can atleast kill him fast.

3: Do not aoe a couple of mezzed ones, aoe is very nice to uncover stealthers if there is no mezz, or to defend keeps but when you see ZzzzZZZzzZZzzZZ over their heads stay off the button !

4:Work fast, Imagine you just pulled 25 stonelords (or 40 goblins if you are lower leveled) in one group and they are all mezzed - you have about 2 minutes to take em out move swiftly from one target to the other -

My 2 copper

B

belth

Originally posted by Arthwyr
3: Do not aoe a couple of mezzed ones, aoe is very nice to uncover stealthers if there is no mezz, or to defend keeps but when you see ZzzzZZZzzZZzzZZ over their heads stay off the button !

Thanks Mythic for not giving Albion Thanes a.k.a. Über-mezz-breakers :D

Lets see those funky AoE hammers more often on mezzed albs, please!

O

old.Galieran

I have done some RvR now, and I still am not sure which enemies have the instant stun, so will someone please describe to me( and prolly others) which ones they are, usually. Names of known enemy instant stunners is also welcome:)

E

Ebonn

That would be albs, they all have mezz/stun etc.. dammit!!

j/k :D :D does seem like it though :eek:

K

Kagato.

Im an Alb, I have no stun, see ! (wish I bloody did have though lol).

Good points though on mezz breaking, in the bigger battles, I usually try and wait for back-up before breaking mezz, otherwise they are just going to run back to their un-mezzed buddies dragging you along on /stick with them, and by the time you have finished them off you'll be in range of his (or her) pals.

F

Flimgoblin

The mezz + kill em one by one is what makes RvR sound as entertaining as chaining pygmys for three years on end...

Glad they're reducing its power... hopefully they'll put in some more dynamics to the battle other than 'whack the casters first' :)

D

Danya

Originally posted by Kagato.
Im an Alb, I have no stun, see ! (wish I bloody did have though lol).
Slam is your friend ;)

B

belth

Originally posted by Kagato.

Not when your a dedicated Polearm wielder, hit'em hard, hit'em first.

In which case, Defender's Rage/Defender's Revenge is your friend in 1.50 ;)

B

Belsameth

the Alb insta mez/stun class is the mincer and the cleric (tho only with a pbaoe mez) the sorc has a QC mez, but that isn't insta, tho only interuptable by killing the poor sorc :)

Middies have Skalds and high level healers

I dunno bout Hibernia tbh. Bards have it I think, but that's where my knowledge ends. silly realm anyway :p

A

aikmore

Dont open your hit with a slam against a castor you will prolly miss and waste endurance 1st. melee 2nd slam

K

Kagato.

In which case, Defender's Rage/Defender's Revenge is your friend in 1.50

And believe me I can't wait ! (though one level to go before Defenders Revenge lol).

Short duration stun but will only work AFTER they have attacked you and only if they use a style'd attack. So no good for casters and no good if they are mezzed.

Though this peculiar 'secondary attack' system will make things interesting.

B

belth

Just press Defender's Revenge and then Defender's Rage and you're set for some stunning :p It's a long duration stun btw, a short duration lasts 2 seconds which is useless for a poler ;)

S

sorusi

Never brak stun w/o stun best is to have an cleric stunning, if you dont stun they may insta cast ae mezz (if healer) and chage the tide, and if skald he might insta mezz you and go for casters.

Heck some berserkers even reach the casters and chopp them down if you dont stun them ;p

And dont use AoE damage or root unless the mezz has worn out or at an keep defence..

O

old.Thalion

Hibs have no form of insta CC atm:( Will come with 1.51 :clap:

V

Vireb

no but all hib casters have castable stun which er suxxs

F

Feldegast

Cant w8 untl we get the "WIN" button for a change :D

K

Kagato.

Ah yes your quite right, it is long duration stun. Got the 2 mixed up, Rage is the bleed effect, Revenge is the follow up style with the stun. Of cause this means by 50 we will have 3 sets of 2 essential chain styles to keep track of Crip blow/mangle Rage/Revenge and Phalanx/Aegis and thats not counting Poleaxe either. I need more quickbars.

O

old.Arnor

The mezz + kill em one by one is what makes RvR sound as entertaining as chaining pygmys for three years on end...

Glad they're reducing its power... hopefully they'll put in some more dynamics to the battle other than 'whack the casters first'

HELL YEAH!

Finally someone that wants to play a FUN game, not win at any fecking cost!

Thats why middies always break mezz with AOE, because it is NOT FUN to gang up 10ppl on one mezzed guy, kill him, move to the next mezzed guy, and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on
you get my picture

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom