How to break a game

O

old.Jable

This has probably been mentioned many times since it happened, and its swg related anyway, but it kinda makes me appreciate the work put into some games before they are released.

due to a grouping experience bug found on the last day of testing (and subsequently not fixed on release cos of cash to delay), groups of 20 people got together in various swg towns and cities to run errands. the bug gave them all uber "faction" points, which are meant to take a while to earn, and within 2 days, lots of people were running around in storm trooper armor, working towards their 3 at-st pet maximum.

its been fixed now, but as far as i can tell, no one has had the armor taken away, meaning that a select few on the swg servers have the uberist armor available in the game already. id call that a broken game. im kinda glad the euro servers are coming out late.

S

SilverHood

the advantage isn't that great really... I played for 7 hours last night on eclipse, and saw 2 people in storm trooper armor

remember there was loads of unintentional roll backs between thursday and saturday

loosing your chracter when you log out, or get disconeced... now that would be a cripling bug! :D

SWG has a long way to go before it's really good, but PvE wise, it beats daoc easily :)

E

envenom

well look at it this way those ppl that have abused the bug will just get bored faster doesnt really effect me what they did really.

R

rynnor

Are they still going to allow transfers into the Euro servers (once they open?) from the US?

Seems like a bad idea and kinda defeats the point of starting a new game if its already gonna have a bunch of l33t characters running round from day 1?

F

Flesh

If SWG >'s DAoC at PvE then I guess that's ze game for me!
PvE boi to ze rescue etc! :X

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom