How to beat your wife

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'd like to see that video in its proper context tbh, and from a source of translation I feel I can trust.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
It's taken from MEMRI TV which, somewhat sadly, seems reasonably trustworthy. A turkish friend of mine introduced me to that site a couple of years ago. It has some interesting stuff.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Dommers said:
Next they'll set down rules for rape.

They already have.

Woman has to have at least 4 witnesses to accuse someone of rape, I think she faces the death penality if she accuses someone and she doesn't have that number of witnesses.

Quite sure I am right on that but please correct if I am wrong.

rynnor

Rockhound
Actually that video didnt sound too bad - if you compare that to Christianity it was long held that a man could do whatever he liked to his wife with no limits to the beatings unlike those this man is speaking about.

You can interpret this video 2 ways - 1 that the guy is educating men on how to beat their wives or 2. that he is aware some men beat their wives and is doing his best to limit the beatings and invoking the wrath of allah against transgressors - I actually think its number 2 in this case.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Or perhaps he is talking about Islamic Law and what it allows. Perhaps it is part of a wider discussion involving the rights and wrongs of such things.

Now excuse me but theres a big pile of salt I have to clean up.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Trem said:
They already have.

Woman has to have at least 4 witnesses to accuse someone of rape, I think she faces the death penality if she accuses someone and she doesn't have that number of witnesses.

Quite sure I am right on that but please correct if I am wrong.

Im sure you are right mate :(

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
rynnor said:
Actually that video didnt sound too bad - if you compare that to Christianity it was long held that a man could do whatever he liked to his wife with no limits to the beatings unlike those this man is speaking about.

But the above video was shot in this day and age not hundreds of years ago.

Every religion did something fucking stupid but decided to stop, Islam apparently hasn't.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh this video must be true.

Yes. Quite true. It couldn't possibly be another white on islam thing...nope.

I never was too good with sarcasm...

rynnor

Rockhound
Trem said:
But the above video was shot in this day and age not hundreds of years ago.

Every religion did something fucking stupid but decided to stop, Islam apparently hasn't.

See my 2nd paragraph tho - I dont think he was advocating men should beat their wives but rather that if they did beat their wives it must not injure them - domestic violence is an everyday reality in a lot of countries on this planet and they arent all muslim.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
Oh this video must be true.

Yes. Quite true. It couldn't possibly be another white on islam thing...nope.

I never was too good with sarcasm...

It's taken from MEMRI TV which, somewhat sadly, seems reasonably trustworthy. A turkish friend of mine introduced me to that site a couple of years ago. It has some interesting stuff.

You was never too good with reading the whole thread either were you ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
throdgrain said:
You was never too good with reading the whole thread either were you ;)

Well i do read proper :D

But i just have a hard time believing words on this forum as the absolute truth :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom