How to access us servers

O

old.Bourkester

hi i was wondering how do i use the us servers or do i need a us copy of the game?
:m00: :m00: :m00: :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Seriously?
Euro servers = Euro copy
US servers = ?

"This is the brain, Watson. Some people might actually put it to use."

O

old.Bourkester

HEY

if u read my msg it says do i need a copy of the us game i was 90 percent sure in thinking that. thats y i posted the msg to double check. because alot of people play us servers 2 from euro and i just thought y pay double money.

PS. i know they have latest versions before u say that

A

Alrindel

Well, you don't necessarily need a copy of the US version of the game, but you need an account with Mythic, the company that runs the game in the USA, and the only way to get that is to:

a) Buy the US version of the game to get a new, unused CD-KEY
b) Buy an unused CD-KEY from someone who has bought the game but has never played it
c) Buy an existing account from someone who has the US version, but doesn't want to play any more. He then gives you his CD-KEY, his login and his password and you take over his account.

Once you have a valid login to the US servers, you don't actually need the American CD-Rom to install the game, you can just copy your european installation to a new directory, replace the UPDATE.DAT file with the US version, and connect. The patcher will automatically download all the files you need to play the US version (this is the same way that you can play the test version on the Gorre server in Europe).

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

c? thats y we hav alrindel - he even help ppls who r 2 lazy 2 write comprehendible sentences. y? i don kno.

O

old.Bourkester

WHY?

jeez what have i done i post a msg to ask something? and i get some1 having ago at me why?

O

old.LandShark

he is what's known as a troll :)
Note: he registered his account in June 2002.
Note: he already has several forum ranks above me.

Anything he says can be discounted as a pointless attempt to raise his post count.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

It's nothing personal. It never is.

But I seriously, honestly despise beating a language with a blunt object.. ie. plz ppl u etc. crapcetera.

And I am not SFX... otherwise I would raise my postcount by quoting complete paragraphs + add an emoticon.

Naw... I prefer constructive trolling.
And now- use whole sentences or prepare to report me for harrassing you... ;)

S

SFXman

There have been a very few times where I actually had the intention of raising my post count... a one-liner or emote is not always meant to be post count raising spam.
Oh yeah and btw... a lot of your posts are pretty much BS aswell so you really can't mock others.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

As long as I don't get down to your level, I will be fine...

B

Brinx

Don't make me have to rip up my wallpaper sharpening my claws please.

D

Danya

Originally posted by sickofit...
Seriously?
Euro servers = Euro copy
US servers = ?

"This is the brain, Watson. Some people might actually put it to use."

Useless spam or not, that made me laugh. :D

O

old.Pepsay

bourk, your not leaving us for US are ya?
mad.gif

S

SFXman

Originally posted by sickofit...
As long as I don't get down to your level, I will be fine...
You like, try to fit my name into every fucking thread don't you? You probably check every single thread which I have posted in to try and find some point which gives you more "proof" or some crazy idea you have about me. I have my own forum-stalker, woot.

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by SFXman

You like, try to fit my name into every fucking thread don't you? You probably check every single thread which I have posted in to try and find some point which gives you more "proof" or some crazy idea you have about me. I have my own forum-stalker, woot.

it for your own good, son.

we just love you :p

to prevent this from looking like spam, i will now post a semi-sensible message.

alindrel is confusing. to put things in an easier, more understandable manner i will say this:

yes, you need the us version.

[EDIT: Was that SFX getting mad? :eek:]

S

SFXman

tRoG, yes it was me getting slightly pissed off but that is only because when I browse these threads I begin seeing my name being taken into various examples and especially by our friend here, Sickofit... but as I have read other various threads there are many others who don't like the attitude of Mr. I am sick of something.

S

SFXman

Thank you for that all but still if I see another freaking comment saying "Ooh, I am not like SFXman" or "Unlike SFXman who blabla" etc. etc. I will go berserk :p

O

old.Bourkester

ummmmmmmm pie.

lol i post a msg bout us servers and turns into fight.

o and peps no im not was just noping some way i could go play pvp server :)

ps. peps LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Oooh, I am not like SFXMan. And unlike him, I have a life.

Now go freaking nuts... pretty please. !!! I am stalking you again... this has to stop.

On the other hand - if everyone who posts in the same thread as you... than about 95% of the posters here are stalking you.
Paranoia - here we come.

O

old.Kladen

Sickofit is a disease if he touchs a thread it turns into another subject and in some cases change it into a arguement.

S

SFXman

Funny thing is that you mention me before I have even taken part in the thread :)
I don't really give a crap about any "life comments" anymore but since I and maybe another person on this board know that I do have a life, I'll just ignore people like yourself.

S

SFXman

I say we drop all this crap :)

Let's just move along like we don't even notice each other around here and leave me to my occasional spamming and you to your occasional flamathons, ok? :D

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by SFXman
and you to your occasional flamathons, ok? :D

flamathons? isnt flam a wobbly jellyish desert?

S

SFXman

Fine, let's make it flameathons. Like a flame marathon, you know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom