How thick is GOA?

O

old.Jable

i dont care about yesterdays screwed patch day, i care about my shiny copy of S.I that cant be registered atm because of their lame 100 people at one time registration server.

ffs, if you regularly had a lan and people wanted to play more people then your mate would bring an extra pc. surely someone at GOA must have an extra box doing nothing?

at the moment, you click registration and it says - try again in a few minutes.

then occasionally it lets you see the username and password screen - on entering that information its back to the "try again in a few minutes" screen again.

bah back to the clicking.

B

Beaver

100 ppl at a time is a pretty lame. I mean how much processing is involved in activating your cd-key? A couple of database updates?
Imagine if Amazon only allowed 100 ppl on at a time :)

No doubt they're running IIS and a load of other Microsoft bollox ;)

O

old.Jable

in fact, atm i would be surprised if anyone is getting on. if 1000 people spam the page till no messages can get through, and those people occasionally see the password screen, but by the time they click and enter passwords and send the message, the other 999 people have clicked again then no one gets on.

what a fkin sorry state of affairs. congratulations goa, you have surpassed yourselves.

B

Beaver

Also you do realise that when you finally activate your copy the game servers will have reached capacity. :p

O

old.Jable

its not like you are entering the username and passy each time so each time you send you get a chance of getting in - atm clicking on register gives a come back later message, then occasionally you get to enter your username and password.

got knows what anyone with a browser that doesnt have autocomplete is going to do.

P

Pixie.Pebr

Instead of whining, go do something useful.

I'm just back from doing my laundry, I'm sure you have a pair of filthy underwear or two to wash up after all these days glued to the screen.

O

old.Jable

god i wish i could phone goa and scream at them, that would sort it out. sorry you have to clean your underwear pixie, personally i throw all my dirty stuff away and buy fresh all the time - unless the servants get to them before i do.

M

mcirvine

Originally posted by Beaver
100 ppl at a time is a pretty lame. I mean how much processing is involved in activating your cd-key? A couple of database updates?
Imagine if Amazon only allowed 100 ppl on at a time :)

database? goa aint using one for validating the keys, ok you type in your code and one of their employees gets an email with your code in it, than he takes a list of 200000 valid SI codes looks up your code and activates your account.

O

old.Jable

in fact - why the hell am i clicking at all?

BELL BOY!!! GET OVER HERE YA S>O>B!!!

<jable slaps the bellboy, places him in front of the pc and retires to an afternoon of golf and ladies>

X

Xandax

Originally posted by Beaver
<snip>

My bet is they still run PWS from Win98SE :D

P

parisienscot

database? goa aint using one for validating the keys, ok you type in your code and one of their employees gets an email with your code in it, than he takes a list of 200000 valid SI codes looks up your code and activates your account.
[/QUOTE]

I have another theory: when you actually get to enter your CD code a little old man they pay minimum wage to prints out your key, then SLOOOWLY hobbles along to a big library with hundreds of books in it. Each book contains thousands of codes and the little man gets one of those elephant's foot type librarian things - stands on it brings down your and book and very carefully scores your code off using a ruler.

Then he hobbles back to his little computer in the broom closet and waits for the next one.

Z

zlair

Originally posted by Pixie.Pebr
Instead of whining, go do something useful.

I'm just back from doing my laundry, I'm sure you have a pair of filthy underwear or two to wash up after all these days glued to the screen.

STFU u pussy !

girls do that, (STRAIGHT) guys dont !!

And yes, I WANNA PLAY TOO !!!

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by zlair

STFU u pussy !

OMFG, are you serious? I really hope you NEVER move away from your parents house, what a chok the day you actually have to DO YOUR OWN LAUNDRY

man you are one SAD person

E

El_Coolio

Aye, sounds like he still gets his mother to do all that stuff,

Ah, back in the day...

P

Pixie.Pebr

Originally posted by zlair
STFU u pussy !

I was about to answer you, but then I saw your sig...
------
Zlair, 50th Theurgizt, zemi-retired
Player of Loxleyhood (zometimez)
GM <Red Dragons>

"Don't argue with idiots! They just lower you to their level and beat you with experience!"
------
...read the quote and decided I best not argue with you, so I won't.

Z

zlair

Originally posted by Pixie.Pebr

I was about to answer you, but then I saw your sig...
------
Zlair, 50th Theurgizt, zemi-retired
Player of Loxleyhood (zometimez)
GM <Red Dragons>

"Don't argue with idiots! They just lower you to their level and beat you with experience!"
------
...read the quote and decided I best not argue with you, so I won't.

he he... well, some1 did ;)

ohh, and STILL I cannot login to subscription :(

nope, mother doesn't do it, g/f does... as I wrote, only girls to that, REAL guys wears the pants around the house ;)

Z

ztyx

Been trying for 2 days now to get in wout any luck. How this sux.

W

Wersus

Argh!! I payed for the expansion and for the game and i pay 10€ every month... And still i can't play the fucking game!! GO TO HELL GOA!!

Z

zlair

Yea, me too :

GO TO HELL GOA !!! Or whoever is in charge !!!

F.U. !

T

Tranquil-

GOA should have had some kind of queue system. So you can stand in line and see your progress.

S

Sarum TheBlack

I think the biggest mistake GOA made when shipping SI was not supplying anti-stress pills in the box. Chill people.

Maybe a "Not for stupid people with anger problems" label too.

P

primo

Originally posted by Sarum TheBlack
I think the biggest mistake GOA made when shipping SI was not supplying anti-stress pills in the box. Chill people.

Yep and maybe it shouldnt say ONLY PLAYABLE ONLINE. It should say NOT PLAYABLE OR PAYABLE AT ALL.

M

Meduza

Originally posted by Sarum TheBlack

Hehe, u hit a spot there m8, ouch ;)

I am all that and more :)

but its just that, i work long hours so i dont have much spare time, and the spare time i have, have to be devided among g/f, friends, family and DAoC (soccer and other sports out atm - too cold ;) ) So when i want to play DAoC I dont wanna spend time with crap like this.

I said it be4, and I say it again : Still CANNOT login to sub.page !

Edit : erm, '..all that and more..' doesnt apply to the stupid thing, of cuz ;)

S

Sarum TheBlack

"Not for Stupid, or Inteligent people with anger or stress related problems" then... ;)

I sat and pressed account for an hour or three earlier... then paste->enter->back repeat for a while too. When I eventually got logged in I went and sat at an alch table and pressed "2" for an hour, every so often going to the merchant and pressing "buy" frantically... it struck me I could get almost the exact same experience as crafting from trying to register peoples accounts for them... except people tell me one is fun, and one is so infuriating that their heads nearly explode. And you don't have to pay £6 to spam the "My Account" link ;)

M

Meduza

Well GOA... :moon:

4th day after release and still can't login to S.I... :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom