How Stealth and new See Hidden will work

T

Tranquil-

Posted by Oaklief
Tested using Mineeme[BTC] (50 nightshade, 50+0 stealth) vs Oakleif[TL] (50 scout, variable stealth)
1 stealth + 0 bonus = 1 effective stealth 2595 range
1 stealth + 4 bonus = 5 effective stealth 2350 range
1 stealth + 8 bonus = 9 effective stealth 2280 range
1 stealth + 11 bonus = 12 effective stealth 2150 range

I ran to go train so we had a new location when I got back to test.

15 stealth + 0 bonus = 15 effective stealth 1715 range
15 stealth + 4 bonus = 19 effective stealth 1540 range
15 stealth + 8 bonus = 23 effective stealth 1415 range
15 stealth + 11 bonus = 26 effective stealth 1262 range

She then trained to have 35+0 stealth and I trained up stealth further. Again, new location when we got back.

32 stealth + 0 bonus = 32 effective stealth 1433 range
32 stealth + 4 bonus = 36 effective stealth 1406 range
32 stealth + 8 bonus = 40 effective stealth 1172 range
32 stealth + 11 bonus = 43 effective stealth 1061 range

Because of the 2 second delay, these can only be considered accurate to within about 20 units, give or take, and there may be some further discrepencies if stealth is calculated 3D rather than 2D, especially as there are not that many long level stretches in Odin's Gate.

So far, this is linear and the linear regression model is

assassin's detection range = 2444 - 34 (archer/minstrel's stealth spec)

I'd be willing to bet that with more data points, it comes out something very close to

assassin's detection range = 2400 - 30 (archer/minstel's stealth spec)

which ends up very close to the 800 to 2400 that are the 1/4 and 3/4 of the clipping plane range that the devs mention in the patch notes.

Further testing is certainly needed, but I can say so far that the data is linear within the experimental error, and that modified stealth spec (from items) is used rather than just base stealth training, and it appears to me that the assassin's stealth spec isn't considered in the detection range calculation.

There are two things to note though:
- Once an archer/minstrel is uncovered with See Hidden, they remain visible in shadow form until they clear the clipping plane of the assassin that uncovered her. According to one dev I mentioned this to, this is by design. If you unstealth and restealth, you are not visible in shadow form if you are outside their detection radius.
- Camouflage is currently bugged, and the assassin has no chance of seeing the archer/minstrel, even when the archer/minstrel is standing on top of the assassin. This needs to be fixed before the patch hits the live servers.

This is just a part of the thread that has been started on VNboards and it's only an early summary.

This is only with the new See Hidden that will be introduced in 1.62, without See Hidden the old detection rules still apply. Seems like more testing will be done though.

D

doneagle

from same thread, seems testing is really needed as noone ( even TL, is sure on how it works ) :

Stealth Level/Distance Seen

26 Stealth / 1896.60 Units
34 Stealth / 1218.03 Units
45 Stealth / 1141.00 Units
50 Stealth / 1015.06 Units

I tried adding +Stealth items and counting Realm Rank bonuses in to my total spec, but found that only base stealth matters when working against See Hidden. There was no difference in detection range between 34 Stealth and 34 + 11 Stealth, for instance.

O

old.Tohtori

*looks at words*

:eek6:

*tries to understand*

:wall:

*looks again*

:eek7:

*gives up*

:help:

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by doneagle
from same thread, seems testing is really needed as noone ( even TL, is sure on how it works ) :

Stealth Level/Distance Seen

26 Stealth / 1896.60 Units
34 Stealth / 1218.03 Units
45 Stealth / 1141.00 Units
50 Stealth / 1015.06 Units

I tried adding +Stealth items and counting Realm Rank bonuses in to my total spec, but found that only base stealth matters when working against See Hidden. There was no difference in detection range between 34 Stealth and 34 + 11 Stealth, for instance.

Well, that was done by Katalia and was proven to not be accurate according to Oaklief. What I pasted was done by him and is what seems to be correct. So the above can most probably be ignored.

T

Tranquil-

What IS disturbing is this:

- Once an archer/minstrel is uncovered with See Hidden, they remain visible in shadow form until they clear the clipping plane of the assassin that uncovered her. According to one dev I mentioned this to, this is by design. If you unstealth and restealth, you are not visible in shadow form if you are outside their detection radius.

This means that the assassin only needs to get a glimpse of the character and then the detected character needs to move out again to the cliprange of what the assassin will detect him at.

- Camouflage is currently bugged, and the assassin has no chance of seeing the archer/minstrel, even when the archer/minstrel is standing on top of the assassin. This needs to be fixed before the patch hits the live servers.

And this, though the latter will hopefully be fixed fast.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Tranquil-
What IS disturbing is this:

This means that the assassin only needs to get a glimpse of the character and then the detected character needs to move out again to the cliprange of what the assassin will detect him at.

or unstealth and restealth

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
*looks at words*

:eek6:

*tries to understand*

:wall:

*looks again*

:eek7:

*gives up*

:help:

Go play a tank, it's easier on the brain.

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by Pin
or unstealth and restealth

I'm not sure, Pin, it might work like that, but look at this excerpt.

If you unstealth and restealth, you are not visible in shadow form if you are outside their detection radius.

.....But what happens if you are inside their detection radius while you destealth/stealth is not said clearly.. I guess we'll find out though.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Tranquil-

.....But what happens if you are inside their detection radius while you destealth/stealth is not said clearly.. I guess we'll find out though.

then you'll still be visible in shade form, of course.

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by Pin
then you'll still be visible in shade form, of course.

Or would the stealth pulse take 3 secs to detect the stealther again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom