How often will the chronicles be updated?

O

old.Theorin

Just wondering because the other night (Tuesday I think) I did some crafting for both tailoring and armorcraft. The tailoring was updated even though I gained points in that after I had done armorcrafting. What's up with that? :confused:

Also I don't think the rp's of any guild have been updated so far. Kemor: I'd just like to know how often you intend to update the chronicles then I will be happy :clap:

K

kemor

For guilds part: Once a day.
For RvR status: Every hour.
For server population: Every minute.

Trick is, sometimes, when getting guild info or RvR info, there is a problem. The soft that is doing this try to get the info once, and if there is a problem, it just jumps to the next server/realm.
It means that, for example, if the soft tries to get Excalibur information while Excalibur is down, then it just skips and goes for Prydwen, meaning that Excalibur will not get an update this day (if we are talking about guilds).

V

Vell

Ahhh that makes more sense.....

<Vell feels stupid>

C

Col|

On a slightly different note, when I look at my guilds Crafters, it shows our top armour crafters name, Fattus Gittius, as anonymous, is this because he is currently /anon in the game or is it a software "feature" :p

J

Jupitus

Check the patch notes, but I think this is a setting allowing the player to select whether or not to publish their info into the xml output (ie chronicles information)...

A

Alrindel

You have to type webdisplay /trades on in the game to be listed. By default it is switched off, and crafters are anonymous.

C

Col|

Well if its off by default, why am I listed as showing? As I've not type that command in game, mainly because I didn't know about it.

C

Catnip Lightpaw

Kemor if the relic and keep info is only hourly, then why does the time show a change every 20 mins? Well the time changes anyway :)

E

esola

Carnelian,

Yes off is by default. I have one of my characters set to /webdisplay trades on and expected to see him in the list. But he is listed as anon ! ;-)

I reported this as a bug, but maybe we all will simply have to live with it being upside down

C

Col|

Was just curious, since FGs armour crafting is at 999, I couldn't understand why he would want to be set to anon if he wanted to sell armor :)

A

Alrindel

It looks like right now it is bugged on the Chronicles. If you set "/webdisplay trades on", you BECOME anonymous. If you leave it set off, the default setting, you should be anonymous but you are listed.

Report it on RightNow.

B

Blood

Originally posted by Alrindel
It looks like right now it is bugged on the Chronicles. If you set "/webdisplay trades on", you BECOME anonymous. If you leave it set off, the default setting, you should be anonymous but you are listed.

Report it on RightNow.

precisely

and the problem can even be narrowed down to the "toptype" part of goa's xml page, because under the individual char, the correct value is listed (even thou that player have choosen to be trade-anonymous his skill main craft level is still accesable)

http://www.camelot-europe.com/herald/servers/Prydwen/guilds/506.xml

my bit, i have used /webdisplay trades on
<anon>False</anon>
<fletching>1000</fletching>

but under fletching, im listed as
<top_char name="anonymous" point="1000" />

a little "oops"? :)

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by kemor
For guilds part: Once a day.
For RvR status: Every hour.
For server population: Every minute.

Trick is, sometimes, when getting guild info or RvR info, there is a problem. The soft that is doing this try to get the info once, and if there is a problem, it just jumps to the next server/realm.
It means that, for example, if the soft tries to get Excalibur information while Excalibur is down, then it just skips and goes for Prydwen, meaning that Excalibur will not get an update this day (if we are talking about guilds).

How many days since the Guild info was updated on Excalibur ??

Certainly more than 1

T

Thorarin

Yeah, hasn't been updated since August 8th in the morning, or part of the update is bugged. Because that's when our GM went on holiday, after changing the contact URL, which still hasn't updated ;)

BTW, I've heard there was a XML file with realmpoint rankings per class (number 1 warrior, etc), anyone know where it is?

P

- Pathfinder -

There's a site with at least the prydwen listings for Guilds/Realms/Top 100 :) I don't think that one had Top RP/Class though, hopefully it gets retified later on.

A

Aurilius

Cronicles update!

The update on Guild info (Once a day) is not working Kemor.

No update has been made since the new cronicles came up.
No crafting updates and no updates on our new alliances.
No updates on our guild webpage ect.

But .... i love the consept! Its a really cool looking site now and when the updates work propperly - It will Rock!

Cya at the forge or at my grave :D

D

DeSlisser

Asked the queston via Right Now, this what i got back:

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Camelot Chronicles

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (CS) - 08/12/2002 09:37 AM
Hello,

The chronicles are updates every 72 hours and with each server reboot.

---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Customer (XXXXXXX) - 08/12/2002 09:33 AM
Dear Customer Support,

I would like to know at what times the Chronicles website gets updated, so it shows new players in a guild, realm point changes etc.

Thanks in advance,

Amra
<Servants of the Lake>
Prydwen - Albion

Bit different than what Kemor said, and would explain the 3 days delay.

Note: you can see it didn't made it up, cause the english of CS is even worse than mine ;)

Z

Zebarmy

Interestingly enough, the Chronicles have partially updated. New guild total RP's are listed, but not individual members of the guild new RP's or crafter increases :(

Good to see it lists the Guild in RP order now :p

Although... it's french... which was nice...???

Zebby

I

ImLestat

It definitely hasn't updated in a few days. According to the chronicles I'm still in my old guild, and I changed, hmmm, was it saturday I think...

P

- Pathfinder -

Guild RP seem to update daily; individual characters RP havn't updated at all since Friday (not any of those I've looked at anyway).

F

Flimgoblin

Methinks it's probably teething problems...

It'll be every day (or 72 hours? whichever) once they get it all shipshape I imagine...

till they've had it up and running for a while I imagine it'll be a bit bumpier.

T

Thorarin

A bit? No proper update for close to a week now ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom