How much metalwork do i need...

Juilie

Fledgling Freddie
...to salvage level 49-51 ROGs? I seem to remember my cleric managing to salvage easy at 300 metalwork, but this is for another char on another server

Juilie

Fledgling Freddie
[edit] erm, what happened here? was someone that posted a link here, but now its gone

Thanks for the link, you need 900 skill to trinket however, i still believe you need far lower just to be able to salvage for arcanium, and sell the metal on a CM

RoshiaPendard

Fledgling Freddie
I thought around 500 to get arc off every salvage and to get somewhere close to the max out of a piece, but I might be mistaken :)

Hope you are having fun among the germans Juilie :)

Editted for spelling :p

Juilie

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the replies!

You and Roga should come join us again Roshia!

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
I think its 800 to actually do Asterite, 850 for it to go grey and 900-950 for arcanium but its been a while as I used to do it on Roo but haven't done it with any Alb chars so its been a while :)

If memory serves SI ROG tends to be Arcanium, DF stuff asterite. Sorry, that might be a bit Captain Obvious :)

RoshiaPendard

Fledgling Freddie
Juilie is asking about salvaging, not hinging. Yes I believe 900-950 is hinging arcanium but I'm also pretty sure you can salvage it at a much lower skill :)

Unless they changed it in a recent patch ofc :p

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
Correct me if I'm wrong but the impression i've gained from salvaging with my WCer is that you salvage higher quantities of the raw material if you are able to work in it. Ie if your skill is high enough to trinket arcanium, you salvage more arcanium from a drop than you would if you could only trinket adamantium.

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Oops thats right Rosh, sorry.

I guess if you're salvaging you're generally going to be hinging and the speed of hinging is greatly increased when it goes grey and you do need the appropriate level for the hinge type.

Vesania, that rings a bell. Where's one of the game mechanic maniacs when you need one :)

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
U CAN salvage the high level-material drops (ie arcanium) with low levels of skill in working with that material. BUT you will sometimes fail and wil never get the maximum potential materials out of the item

This has beens aid throughout this thread but not clearly stated enough. Hope this helps

CedrikWayfarer

Fledgling Freddie
Done some testing.

With 511 metalworking, i get the same amount of metal out of same lvl 51 weapon drops, as i get with 1080 metalworking.

However with 380 metalworking i fail, and the piece of weapon is destroyed.

So somewhere around 480+ you are able to salvage L51 items, and gaining as much metal from it as you get on capped metalworking.

Juilie

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for all the lovely replies, ill get 500 skill asap then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom