How much exp and dmg do you actually get/do?

S

Shaki/Aeis

Lets say I kill a monster and get exp: 40 (5 camp bonus) (10 group bonus)

How much exp do I get? do I get 40 or 55 exp?

And dmg. Lets say I hit a monster for 210 dmg (+30).

How much dmg do I do? 210 or 240?

G

Galatea

you'd get 40 exp

and be doing 210 damage, the adds in brackets are added onto the total gained already.

S

Slinker

Hiya , IIRC it's all added in the first amount you see

Lets say I kill a monster and get exp: 40 (5 camp bonus) (10 group bonus)

How much exp do I get? do I get 40 or 55 exp?

so you'd get 40 xp :)

And dmg. Lets say I hit a monster for 210 dmg (+30).

How much dmg do I do? 210 or 240?

you'd do 210 dam

S

Shaki/Aeis

ok tnx. I alwasy thought it was the other way=) I wonder what made me think that.

With this info it's a bit easier to check how much exp I get=D

O

oldnick

what about when i get 40xp (+20 camp bonus) (+ 30 grp bonus) ?

Nick

S

Sarnat

Originally posted by oldnick
what about when i get 40xp (+20 camp bonus) (+ 30 grp bonus) ?

Nick

Well then I'd consider buying a new pair of glasses.

L

listepik

well

stabbers will know, what im talking about

you do 300 damage (+600) with your PA

why not on xp? :p

O

old.tRoG

when you see something like 40xp (+20) (+30) youve hit your xp cap (40).

I

ivan_russky

In reply to Listepiks post, the thing is when you hit

for 300 (+600) damage

it means that you just hit your cap... ie the maximum damage you can deal with that style and weapon.

following the logical path here..... you cant get 40xp (+20 camp, +30 group), Mythic fixed the group bonus bug i think.

S

Solid

related nte.

when being helped along the xp trail by a couple of guildies a good few levels above mne (my 37 Sb to Anarions 48 thane and Dwendorine's 44 Skald) I never get group bonus when we get baffs, why is that?

A

Arlone

I find this subject very strange too, cause I did a little test with my epic-thruster and got these results:

You hit the snake-thingy for 445 (+150) damage!

then...

You hit the Skeleton-thingy for 445 (-150) damage!

Soo, 445 was my cap (these were level 1 mobs), and strangely enough I got the same damage even with the bonus on the first and the minus on the second. Perhaps that just means that I really hit for 700+ damage or something, but capped out on 445 and thats the damage I got even if I had bonus or not. I still find it strange tho.

Sometimes you hit for 150 (+200) too, and thats just as strange. Did I start out with a -50 on that mob? Was I drunk? Did my polearm break in half? Urf... :eek:

[EDIT] I see the 150 (+200) thing has already been discussed, but I can not have been capped on 150 damage so I'll leave it be :)

I

ivan_russky

I recon Mythic couldnt manage to totally deal with the problem of Group bonus appropriation < people used it to powerlevel lowbies earlier on before the fixing patches >, they decided that the level gap between grouped players determines the group bonus you get, 37-48 gap of 11 levels prolly means you get nothing if you are 37 and the bonus is proportianally distributed among the groupies of similar to 48 level.

hope this somehow helps.

F

Flimgoblin

Group bonus is for fighting linked mobs (or mobs that bring friends)

Not for fighting in a group.

(i.e. the MONSTERS are grouped, so you get a bonus, coz fighting more than one at a time is hard)

Camp bonus is not for killing the same place repatedly - it's for killing a monster in its camp (i.e. where it spawns) rather than pulling it miles away...

it goes down over time... there's also another xp bonus that has no name ... it's given if a monster has been alive for ages - this rewards moving around and killing different things.

Damage caps aside (these are generally when you're splatting greys for fun) the (+wotever) or (-wotever) have been added in already.

E.g. if I fight a fire-suscepitble monster with my fireball I might hit for 55(+5)
hitting a fire-resistant monster with the same fireball I'd probably see 45 (-5).

S

Solid

Fingoniel: I do know what a baf mob is and an unlinked pull is, for god sakes I been playing this game long enuff.

reread my post, I am asking why lower levels get stripped of group bonus from a valid linked baf when exping with peeps many levels higher. if this is summink mythic done to alleviate PLing a bit, fine, it has worked.

O

old.Thanatlos

Originally posted by Arlone
I find this subject very strange too, cause I did a little test with my epic-thruster and got these results:

Hehe, now we know how karam hits for 600 damage :)
He probably hits a lvl 8 door for 600 damage too so who needs rams if ya got a karam doing the math :)

A

Arlone

/em inserts epic-polearm-thruster

<runs and hides>

S

Sarnat

Originally posted by Arlone

then...

You hit the Skeleton-thingy for 445 (-150) damage!

Soo, 445 was my cap (these were level 1 mobs), and strangely enough I got the same damage even with the bonus on the first and the minus on the second. Perhaps that just means that I really hit for 700+ damage or something, but capped out on 445 and thats the damage I got even if I had bonus or not. I still find it strange tho.

Well the monsters obviously have same level of resist/weakness. The game calculates how much you hit for (w/ style etc) and AFTER that it caps your damage.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Solid
Fingoniel: I do know what a baf mob is and an unlinked pull is, for god sakes I been playing this game long enuff.

reread my post, I am asking why lower levels get stripped of group bonus from a valid linked baf when exping with peeps many levels higher. if this is summink mythic done to alleviate PLing a bit, fine, it has worked.

wasn't responding to your post but completely misunderstanding ivan_russky's post :)

sorry bout that :)

S

Solid

if u wanna test damage and spells is it best to test on level 1 or level 20 mobs?

I say this cos a level 50 1hits level 1-5 mobs, does it show the damage u would do on that level 1 or the ho it had?

ie if u whack a mob for 300 (+75) damage and the mob dies in that 1 hit, is that the mobs hp (300) or the damage u do?

I

ivan_russky

Im quite sure you will hit the cap on level 1 mob....

If math behind damage calculation is same in both RvR and PvE,
from personal experience :

Azal hits you for 981 points <or something like that> :

i had 650+ hp back then if i recall correctly.

F

Flimgoblin

damage is:

Your weaponskill/their AF * dps * speed

or thereabouts...

as lvl 1 monsters have very low AF WeapSkill/AF is very hig...
this particular bit is capped.

no idea if that helps at all :)

D

Danya

Camp bonus is not for killing a mob in it's camp, it for killing an un-camped mob. So if no one has camped the spawn for hours you'll get camp bonus for it. Distance you pull is irellevant. Camp bonus goes down as you camp a spawn. It's basically an anti-camping device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom