How many........

S

Sneaks

.......People play this game ATM?

Im thinking of getting this game tomorrow as a replacement to Dark Age of Camelot because it looks ACE and was wondering if theres a decent amount of players for it already?

Also, another question, my PC spec is Duron 1GHz, 512MB SDRAM, GeForce4 Ti4200 running Win ME. Will this spec be good to run PLanetside?

Cheers people!

D

dread

To be honest, your system will strugle with this game. Take a look at my specs in my sig... I found it completely unplayable and had to return it :(

L

leggy

Turn the detail waaayy down, use 16Meg textures and it should be ok.

It's a tough bastard to run, but damn good fun.

O

old.pala hellraiser

Your PC would have been fine with another 256 mb RAM Dread

C

CliffyG

Originally posted by old.pala hellraiser
Your PC would have been fine with another 256 mb RAM Dread

Aye, 512 minimum really as it uses shed loads.

S

Sneaks

I may just buy an Athlon XP 2400+ tomorrow aswell as there now pretty cheap and I just been payed :D

P

[PS]Venom

Yeah your PC will handle it, similar to my spec and I have all the options ramped to max.

If you play Vanu and fancy joining an outift drop me or angel a /tell ingame :)

Dreads, stop complaining about it, and trying to put people off. The reason it wouldn't run on your PC is because you don't have 512Mb ram. His system does. Ergo it will handle it fine :) To be honest, with that nice a spec, I'm goddamn shocked you don't have more RAM. Talk about donkey trying to drag a truck.

P

[PS]Nova

And I have a lower spec than Venom and it works fine for me, think some settings are turned down, but it still plays fine. Only thing is the memory, you can't really have less than 512mb, it simply won't run well or at all.

B

BrassMonkey

yup im on a 1.7 gig p4, geforce 4 Ti4600 and it ran ok but shitty graphics and still frame rate loss anytime i'd encounter enemies or go thorugh doors, bought a 512 meg RAM chip today for £40 ...installed, boot up Planetside...lovely, massive fights no slow down whatsoever, pump up my graphics, still no slow down...i'm mega happy playing the game now :D

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by *Vertex*
yup im on a 1.7 gig p4, geforce 4 Ti4600 and it ran ok but shitty graphics and still frame rate loss anytime i'd encounter enemies or go thorugh doors, bought a 512 meg RAM chip today for £40 ...installed, boot up Planetside...lovely, massive fights no slow down whatsoever, pump up my graphics, still no slow down...i'm mega happy playing the game now :D

Nice! Glad it's better for you. I really need to upgrade my graphics card, but hey, it works :p

E

envenom

dread didnt you come on here telling us your problem ? we told you to upgrade ur system RAM but you have'nt thats WHY you could'nt play.

X

Xtro

Originally posted by dread
To be honest, your system will strugle with this game. Take a look at my specs in my sig... I found it completely unplayable and had to return it :(

As you had 256mb ram and we all told you that you needed 512mb...or did you try it with more?

My system is nowhere near as fast as yours and runs it perfectly fine.

C

Chenuba

512 mb ram and it runs nice and smooth.

BTW, I'm [VS] ReCoiL, just bought and trying to learn all the stuff there is about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom