How many would move to US servers if...

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
If you could move your chars to US server, would you do it?
Lets say 30 Eur / account and no coming back.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
No thanks :)

Except when opentransit is playing silly buggers the connection to the GOA servers is a lot faster (at least from the UK - dunno about other places in europe - I hear finland routes via the US which isn't exactly sensible) - I regularly get 2 second lags connecting to pendragon and there's a constant short delay for everything, people lag ghost more etc. not massive but it's noticeable.

I like having events/raids/whatever at reasonable times for me.

I like not having the servers go down every day after a patch :) we don't get it so quickly but we get all the fixes at once.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Nope, the time difference alone would put me off. I'm not too trusting of the allmighty 'Ingame CSR' either (I don't want to get banned because people on a raid i'm running /appeal a bugged step :eek7: )

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
No it just means we get all the shit expansions and idiotic patches even sooner.

Besides, like it or loath it, Excalibur still has the most professional RvR action.

Kaap

Fledgling Freddie
Nah Euro is great, we dont have to deal with that NF crap for a while.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
The only thing that would draw me away from Excal is the tight-arsed-rip-off-extortionate-pricing-Derek Trotter-attitude people have.

Yes Opentranshit needs fixing or scraping.

But for the most, less bugs, little trailer trash, less skript-kiddehs and nicer people for the whole.

Oh, and they cant spell correctly. Colour has a frikken U you lazy faggots.

Fenrisa

Fledgling Freddie
I just took the step from US to European servers, not because of community, but the time difference is too much to get anything descent going on.

If you want to join any kinds of raids you have to or stay awake till 3am in the morning (and with work that is not the much easiest)

or when they do a server upgrade you just came home from work, and you can't play :p

The only 'good' thing about it, was the alarm clock raids where mostly in normal play times for me :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Like Hell I would go to US....
EU servers work allmost zero lagg for me tho i live in Estonia.

In US i have to play rvr in the morning then....
lol
i understand playing 3-4am but there it would be 6-8am high time.. :twak:

Besides Excal owns (sometimes pryd too)

Sabu

Fledgling Freddie
No reason to move to US really, and prolly a lot of people don´t agree with me but i think goa is quite a lot better than 2 years ago, i´m happy with euro servers ;) .

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
The only thing that would draw me away from Excal is the tight-arsed-rip-off-extortionate-pricing-Derek Trotter-attitude people have.

Ditto.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
would not move rather change game
1./ doubt i would have my house where its located
2./ they would have to move every item thats owned on all your account down to the last little picture on the wall in your house

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Used to play a US server in Ultima Online...time difference was really a pain, the connection wasn't as good and Americans just aren't fun to play with (generally). So no chance...

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
I played EQ with a bunch of hardcore yanks for a number of years. I will never play on a another server dominated by yanks as the majority are totally clueless, arrogant in the extreme, have no sense of humour and last but not least loud mouths who are consumed by their own importance.

Canadians on the other hand are the complete opposite.

UKM_Thorgrim

Fledgling Freddie
Ask any UK Mercs member about what i think of Americans

Gethin said:
I played EQ with a bunch of hardcore yanks for a number of years. I will never play on a another server dominated by yanks as the majority are totally clueless, arrogant in the extreme, have no sense of humour and last but not least loud mouths who are consumed by their own importance.

Canadians on the other hand are the complete opposite.
Ask any UK Mercs member about what i think of Americans. spent 1 year running UK Mercs in Mechwarrior 4 & Black knight, arranging games for a BG4 a planet assult league .. ..

well the only answer is ill QUIT FIRST.. Never PLay with or against Americans AGAIN .. The Above Quote is very Corect But i could add a lot more.....

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Been playing L2 on american servers lately and notice a huge differance in general attitudes and people.

Sure euro servers has its fair share of assholes, but its nothing compared to what you get on american servers, reading the public chat channels I don't know wether to laugh or cry its so sad what they are like :D

Malena

Banned
yeas I would move if!

I would not hesitate if they:

1.Created a European server for us Europeans
2.My whole guild was coming along in the move
3.My chars was intact with all data.

ok that was it!

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
I started on US, moved to EU. The yanks were retards.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing wrong with Euro servers apart from the Opentransit issue currently plauging us that play from outside of france. Sure we are a few patches behind but as someone said we get complete patches with many bugs and issues fixed already. And would suck always playing off-peak hours since the population is low enough as it is already.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
But you have to group with yanks to kill yanks. :(
I'd rather stay on excal tbh.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Excalibur/Mid ftw ;)

I dont care about the shitass attitude we just make sure we dont have that in our guild :) :)

Nott

Fledgling Freddie
Played alot on u.s servers.... time difference is the killer unless you work weird hours.

As to the whole americans vs. euros thing I'll steal a line from pulp fiction. "A lot off the same shit we got here, they got there, but they're a little different."

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
I would never move back to US. Yes, back to US. Played US from Oct 2001 to March 2004. The time difference was just too much when TOA was released and ML raids were in the middle of the night etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom