How many will play US?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
So, im trying to kill time untill the release of WoW (god, easiest way to kill time is by suiciding... or sleep... or do drugs...).

So gonna ask something stupid again :<

who of you people planning on playing WoW, will play on teh US and who will play on EU - and in that case... which realm? (East West?) :)

im not sure wether to go US or EU yet... the one that i know for a fact i will be playing wow with might go EU so probably there too... but we'll see :)

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Probably would have, but with the possible changes, I will most likely wait until the European version. As getting a guild to bypass all that shit would be zzz :p

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
EU coz of the forced servers at the beggining, im not gunna pay another £30 for another version 2 switch 2 US, and havent blizzard say we will all get patched at the same time? so ill just have 2 wait a couple of extra months till i can play WoW, if i could start on US servers when WoW comes out id play there :), i want a warlock gnome right now :(

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
We had planned to play EU. Now, I guess we wait to see a few things:

How far behind the EU release will slip. What the prices will be like (with the $ exchange rate as it is, US prices are pretty competitive). How they plan to handle patches, given the need for translations. Whether there will be a policy that you need to speak English on the English server (as GOA do).

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Europe.

Am sorry but having to stay up till 3am to start a Raid is not nice.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
i'll play US Version till EU comes out so i'm not a 100% noob :) just 99%

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
EU. I found that the ratio of nice people to idiots was worse on the US DAoC servers than the EU ones.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Dillinja said:
EU. I found that the ratio of nice people to idiots was worse on the US DAoC servers than the EU ones.
That's quite the opposite of the impression one get when reading the EU beta forums...

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
Planning to go EU

Timezone and latency are my main reasons and so far it seems patching will be almost simultaneous with US.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Il play EU for sure i have imported a number of MMOS from the US because of the delay for them arriving in the UK and omg i just cant stand yanks im sorry but about 10% of them are decent people...

The rest? 13-17 yr olds running round kill stealing calling you names.. you name it they do it..

ps am really enjoying beta :p

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:
The rest? 13-17 yr olds running round kill stealing calling you names.. you name it they do it..
And that's not the case in Europe?

Uhm, sure...

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:
Il play EU for sure i have imported a number of MMOS from the US because of the delay for them arriving in the UK and omg i just cant stand yanks im sorry but about 10% of them are decent people...

ps am really enjoying beta :p

lemmie play beta :(

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
For the few days I tried the stress-test, PvP raids would only start gathering when I was logging out(1am'ish). Not something I want to experience in the full game. Also americans are too sensitive, on the second day of the stresstest I was sent an email warning for harassment and abuse. Europeans are a little more in touch with reality and don't see 'roleplaying' as a terrorist act needing to be reported :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Escape said:
For the few days I tried the stress-test, PvP raids would only start gathering when I was logging out(1am'ish). Not something I want to experience in the full game. Also americans are too sensitive, on the second day of the stresstest I was sent an email warning for harassment and abuse. Europeans are a little more in touch with reality and don't see 'roleplaying' as a terrorist act needing to be reported :p

LOL, what'd ya do? :p

Moona

Fledgling Freddie
played many different mmorpgs on US servers, i like those Yanks , i hate the germans and the Spanish Ràxx0rz 1337 d00dz

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
You do realise your gonna need a U.S billing address to play on the US servers?
I just canceled my pre-order for this reason. tossers :mad:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Escape said:
My Rogue was collecting money from other players :p

lol h4x :p
Skaven said:

true, but if the pvp servers is going to be alá camlann, good bye EU :< i wont play with such morons again (no offend towards decent german/french people :p)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Dillinja said:
Mordred was just as bad, if not worse.

at least there you can understand what they cry to you :p

/edit

btw... any from mid/pryd know if Elfbane is in the beta? (read someone called killELFBANE on the wow forums... might be someone who dislikes him? :p)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Skaven said:
You needed that too for the US version of FFXI... didn't stop the europeans then, won't stop the europeans now :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Whisperess said:
You needed that too for the US version of FFXI... didn't stop the europeans then, won't stop the europeans now :)

my choice will probably depend on if we get an english only (where the GM's actully do something about the french/german speaking whiners :p) server, and not like another camlann

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Whisperess said:
So how do you get around it then apart from having a friend in the US thats willing to do it for you?

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Skaven said:
So how do you get around it then apart from having a friend in the US thats willing to do it for you?
Most of us used yellowpages.com :p

Not sure how Blizzard are inforcing their billing methods though. SquareEnix didn't care as long as they got the monthly fee.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Bad news to quote the dev.

Importing the game from the United States will not grant access to the North American servers. You will need a valid North American billing method in order to play in that region. We recommend, however, that you play on the servers in your region.

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Huntingtons said:
my choice will probably depend on if we get an english only (where the GM's actully do something about the french/german speaking whiners :p) server, and not like another camlann
blizzard have stated that there will be english, french and german servers for eu release

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom