How Many Will Buy Catacombs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goasucks

Fledgling Freddie
With so many hopes placed on Catacombs 'revitalizing' DAOC, how many of you are prepared to pay for this expansion?

The way I see it, anyone who has played the game from the outset will pay £19.99 for the expansion, which, on top of the original game price, plus the SI expansion and the ToA expansion, will mean they have shelled out almost £60.

Anyone new to the game will get the whole package for £19.99. Ironic.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
omg its an expansion! you have to pay for it!

deal with it or dont buy it~

u get what u pay for and ill be buying it :eek:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I'll be buying it, will most probably need to buy it twice :/ 2 accounts.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I'll be buying it.
A round of drinks on Friday night costs more than that.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
I'll definitely buy it, the new races and graphics may keep me in the game with instanced stuff etc, new items etc.

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Let me guess - with that username are you one of the 'lucky' ppl who won a 14 days 'vacation' from DAoC?

And so what if ppl that buy the whole package now gets it for 20 - instead of the maybe 60 you say ppl will have paid if they were with the game from the start.
Its a way to try and get new ppl to start the game and as you should know - you cant sell a soon 3 year old game for full price.
Would you buy a DVD movie released 3 years ago for the same price as a DVD movie released yesterday?

No? - Thats what i though!

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Will buy it ofc, but not for my buffbot account initially as Catacomb stuff is supposed to be non-bb user friendly :) So ill Cata enable my main account and try have some old fashioned PvE fun with one account, hopefully getting some nostalgic feelings when doing the new instance dungeons in proper groups etc :D Doesnt mean i wont try WoW for a while first tho - why should one rule out the other when mmorpg's are such cheap entertainment?

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Ill buy it for 1 account. I see no reason to buy it for the BB. That is unless all my friends leave for WoW then i have no choice either...

Nott

Fledgling Freddie
Allready got it. The u.s version anyway. I like it so far but haven't had much time to explore.

Koyochi

Fledgling Freddie
goasucks said:
Anyone new to the game will get the whole package for £19.99. Ironic.

If you still care a little bit about the game, you should be glad newbies can have a relative easy/cheap access to all parts of the game. They already have a long way to catch up with the veterans anyway. If you dont care about that, then just keep your posts for yourself pls.

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going to try WoW first before I buy Catacombs. If WoW doesn't hold my interest and I return to DAoC then Catacombs will be a bonus

Regards,
Sift.

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Catacombs is on my list of things to get next year :)

Looking forward to having both that and WoW to play :)

popa

Fledgling Freddie
toa is crap nf too catacombs will be too ?
first need too see how is

popa

Fledgling Freddie
and forget too say all realms get same zone like on toa

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I was going to stop playing daoc permanently with the release of WoW(and a string of other MMORPGS possibly released in 2005)... but I'll admit to being tempted by the instanced RvR expansion, which we'll probably see in november 2005. I'll most likely buy catacombs at some point within the next year, but not for any of the new content(which is weak for the 3rd expansion, imo).

Helme

Resident Freddy
popa said:
and forget too say all realms get same zone like on toa
Wrong. Read up before making statements like that, we get different zones they made ToA the same becouse it would be the most practical, i mean if they made three zones one realm would whine on the other for having easier ML steps etc.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Helme said:
Wrong. Read up before making statements like that, we get different zones they made ToA the same becouse it would be the most practical, i mean if they made three zones one realm would whine on the other for having easier ML steps etc.

that could very much be what they thought when making ToA. but if u read the storyline it kinda makes sence..... in a wierd way i guess....

and yes im gonna buy Catacombs... i want a spear valkyrie! :clap:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I love this game. Why would I not buy it?

Wish bloody NF had been optional...

Syri

FH is my second home
I'll probably buy it, if i'm still playing daoc by then. i don't plan to be though...

DavidH

Part of the furniture
I'm getting it for sure. Have no plans on moving to WoW either. Even though DAoC has its flaws, its still by far the best MMORPG out there at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom