How many raids are you prepared to do?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, so your 60. Atm there isnt that much you can do at this level since "proper" pvp isnt in yet. You can train for pvp but its hard to find good balanced fights, and lowbieganking gets old very fast (not to mention some of us dont like to grief people). You can work on your tradeskills if they arent maxed yet, or you can do highlevel instances.

Now until 60, equipment hasnt been that big of a deal to me, ive made do with what ive found myself, and quested, and the occasional gift from a guildie etc. Ive bought very little from the AH while leveling, and never gone out to farm any specific item. That changes at 60 tho, where the main character development lies in equipment. But, to get the awesome gear for your class - the named sets specific for all classes, or strong rare items etc - you have to raid alot. And i mean alot :) I think most people will be looking at 50-100 raids to get a complete uber set of items with all stats as close to max as is possible to get them atm, and nice extra abilities etc.

Question is, who will raid this much? I know some people that have already been to Diremaul, Stratholm and Blackrock 30+ times since they dinged 60, and there are most likely those that have been there lots more. But is it worth it? Will the little extra edge in pvp be worth all those repetative hours in those instances? Or is the edge larger than i think? Will i be hopelessly gimped if i only do each ínstance a few times and make do with what i get (and arent extremely lucky etc) plus any stuff i can get off the AH?

Or, will the pvp equipment rewards make all the raiding moot? Im guessing most people that raid alot want an edge in pvp, but will all those items they have painstakingly gathered be less needed once they climb up to a respectable rank in the pvp system. It doesnt seem like you have to be superuber at pvp to get items that are equivalent to the best pve rewards atm. A rank 8 pvp'er will have access to chest, legs, boots, gloves, bracers, cloak with very nice stats etc. And rank 8 should probably be attainable for most people that spend lots of time pvp'ing.

Ah well, my question is, i guess, how much pve raiding do you think you will do to make your character stronger at 60 :)

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Im just gonna continue to have fun, raiding places and areas helping guildies and see what else is out there in the WoW world and then comes Battlegrounds and then fun will begin there :)

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Enough raids to get Full blue (decent) items , then do Ony/MC (although epic items arent much of an upgrade)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
Ah well, my question is, i guess, how much pve raiding do you think you will do to make your character stronger at 60 :)
Quite a lot.

I enjoy instances, I love boss-trashing and I've been keeping my chars (as good as fully) decked out in blues since ~ lvl 25.

In fact, I've made sure several others in our group have enough blues to make our instance runs pleasant instead of a nuisance.

Each to his/her own though :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I won't stop until my character has a cow armor.

I think i saw one in thottbot :p

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
When i get to 60 im going to go cashfarmer hunting, already got my eye on one. got some decent screenies too :D

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
As it looks next patch more drops in start and scholo both can be done fg so prob solve the problem getting a decent blue set fast. Now if that is enuff time will show the Purple set will add some extra resists but not that much better in stats.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
i just hope to get my priest some decent blue gear, should not be that hard again.

For rouge i want some specific weapons, but the armor is less some standard blue drops with decent stats would suite me fine :)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Brynn said:
When i get to 60 im going to go cashfarmer hunting, already got my eye on one. got some decent screenies too :D

shopped him today - awaiting email from the customer support team :D

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
suspected someone of being a gold farmer - so i took some incriminating discussion screenshots, and emaild them to blizz

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
i know its a bit off topic but if ur 60 is there any problem with that, is it against the toc ?

*edit* just read your post again.

you mean someone farming gold to sell on e-bay-w/e

SilverHood

FH is my second home
To be honest, the stuff you get for raiding seems PvE orientated more than anything.
You need the stuff from BRD, scholo and strat etc, to be able to successfully raid Onyxia / Molten Core.

I'll probably do a few raids a month, but will probably stick to 5 or 10 manning most instances.

Think I'll just nab the PvP gear, fill in blanks with decent gear as I get it, and not worry too much.

Ormor

Fledgling Freddie
Got a nice mix of crit gear and dreadmist at the moment.. Still find instances fun, and enjoy getting gear for guildmates. MC/Onyx are a waste of time, PvP gear is far superior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom