How many players can 'fit' on a server?

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic just released its had about 750,000 players registered an active account playing WAR.

Mythic currently runs 55 servers for North America and Oceanic and GOA run the Europe servers which there are 27 of totalling 82.

Judging by this if all players were logged on at the same time evenly across all servers then there would be over 9,000 players per server.

Tbh i dont think there is 9,000 players on Eight Peaks :<

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Hmm, at the same time, so divide it by 3 (theoretical shifts, 8 hours each) and you have 3k which is more likely.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
No MMO is able to host every registered user online simultaniously, as no public transport system can host it's every user simultaniously. Whereas I can't say how many European players we've got, there are 63 EU servers all in all.

-Magnus

Mythic just released its had about 750,000 players registered an active account playing WAR.

Mythic currently runs 55 servers for North America and Oceanic.

Judging by this if all players were logged on at the same time evenly across all servers then there would be over 13,500 players per server.

Does anyone know the current values for EU, there is definitely not 13,500 players on Eight Peaks.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Forgot the other EU servers lol, sounds more believable now :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
That website WARDB - Warhammer Online Database shows 2500 on Karak Eight Peaks, but it only counts people who use the add-ons? We can 'assume' that half the population uses the add-on's so thats a total population of 5000.

Does anyone know how many people were on the WoW server's? Mount Silverspear is so fucking dead it's untrue. I wish the Char Transfer would hurry up as I log in, play for 30 minutes and fall asleep. I only see people when doing the BG's.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
That website WARDB - Warhammer Online Database shows 2500 on Karak Eight Peaks, but it only counts people who use the add-ons? We can 'assume' that half the population uses the add-on's so thats a total population of 5000.

Does anyone know how many people were on the WoW server's? Mount Silverspear is so fucking dead it's untrue. I wish the Char Transfer would hurry up as I log in, play for 30 minutes and fall asleep. I only see people when doing the BG's.

That only counts the people who use the curse client specifically, but doesn't say anything about how many people are online at a given time.

I've heard the estimate is 6000 (3000 each), this was guestimated a little VN not so long ago. But personally I think it's a fair bit lower than this

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Im gonna guess the server cap is no more than 4000 at the most, both factions included. And thats generous.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
The "rule of thumb" I have heard mentioned a few times is that the number of people with an active account on that server is about 5 times the number of people online at peak times. Obviously with server caps and given the game is still pretty new this will change the value.

talima

Fledgling Freddie
anything less than full/full seems like a ghost town to me. started out on mnt silverspear, went 2 whole days without a SC que popping gave up and moved to a full server, which is crazy in itself should be moving people off not forcing them on

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Even Eight peaks with 300 i que sometimes feel quite lonely, the zones can support far more people then the serveres apparently, and that quite annoying :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Bah, was hoping this thread was one of those "How many elephants can you fit in a mini" type jokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom