How many moved to US?

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
How many moved to US becouse of the lagg problems recently?

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Population on Pryd topped at 1300 tonight ... so it's a regular night really.

But ofc that's not a popular thing to say and loads and loads of very leet people stopped playing and went US.

:m00:

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
What I'm more interested in is, how many will come back?
I don't think we'll ever know.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
I think its sad how the game is dying slowly becouse of stupid things like this..

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:
How many moved to US becouse of the lagg problems recently?

usa servers are NOT as good as people try to make out. they all think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. when in fact./ it aint :(

i got a usa acc that i never play on no more . the rvr standard just aint as good as it is over here. ok you got good company running it and ingame cs. but the servers do lag also (not as much as goa)...

but all in all IMO eu > usa servers

DavidH

Part of the furniture
The whole Stigmata moved to Alb/Lancelot? :p
Played for a while on US myself. The community (Especially one rp servers) are much much better than on EU, no doubt about it.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Guild moved there ;o including meself

shame you didnt come to percival, i got 2 accounts there including 1 with a mana chanter, but i see u've chosen Albion again...weak man just weak :p

but saying that i spend most of my time playing WoW now, got my hunter up to lvl38

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
usa servers are NOT as good as people try to make out. they all think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. when in fact./ it aint :(

you havent stated any decent reasons why u think US servers aint as good as the EU servers, i might not of been playing the US servers long about 6months now . but i can already give you a few

No silly prices on CM for scrolls / artifacts
Always groups available for scroll / artifact hunting
Ppl much more willing to help, most (not all) more friendlier
RvR isnt same standard, but you can always get a group no matter what class you are.
If servers go down (which is rarely) u get proper communication and the servers are usually back up pretty fast

Jpeg[LOD] said:
i got a usa acc that i never play on no more . the rvr standard just aint as good as it is over here. ok you got good company running it and ingame cs. but the servers do lag also (not as much as goa)...

but all in all IMO eu > usa servers

ive never had any lag yet on the US servers...infact i would go to say that the EU servers lagged more for me.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
I got myself a US account did the free trial for a few days, which was a good thing i was going to buy an acocunt and be all set.

ran into some hibbehs i already knew but people over there have a totally different view on the game.

I rolled a rejuv cleric a nice support character from then on i got spam invites by people 10 levels below me.

I would level faster than the people i grouped with around 5ish and they would still expect me to group with them.

I had a lvl 10 person invite me when i was lvl 12 and i thought yeah ok seems alright after i joined the group it was full of lvl 2 and 5 people trying to kill mobs that were green to me. The exp was rubbish i was chain healing tanks with no armour or weapons other than the stuff the ystarted with.

And to be constnatly spammed by people who didnt know the first thing about the game. IE a deathsight necro not reading up on the class and wondering why they are dying or going oop all the time.

The game play i found was totally different or people constantly attacking your mobs after you pull them then wondering why they get shouted at.

And this was only in the first few days. yes i enjoyed it and met some interesting people but i couldnt live with that through to lvl 50 and toa i think i would have ended up just deleting the whole game, the US game has way to many kids and i mean 10 to 15 year olds who act as 5 to 10 year olds.

Recomend you learn Pin-yin chinese because thats what the american severs are full of power farmers who will camp every artifact every decent camp spot and chain pull 24 hours a day 7 days a week to sell on ebay. You can spot these peeps because they are called AAAAAAAAAA or AAABBBBBB and are all in the starting newbie guilds.

Good luck if you moving but personally i think your going for the wrong reason. GOa have got their problems but at least you wont run into ebayers selling gold and power level servers on pryd and excal.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
NeonBlue said:
RvR isnt same standard, but you can always get a group no matter what class you are.
this is maybe why the rvr is crap?

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Z^^ said:
this is maybe why the rvr is crap?

crap in whos opinion?

depends on how u wanna play RvR doesnt it?

but since the introduction of NF...all RvR to me went downhill its nothing more than "Defend the fecking Tower"

why ive stopped playing

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
GOa have got their problems but at least you wont run into ebayers selling gold and power level servers on pryd and excal.

Ebayers have been on Pryd for over a year if not more...buying and selling accounts, items, money and selling Pling

Thing is u cant escape it, its in every MMO game atm
so to say it just exsists on the US servers is just plain rubbish

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
NeonBlue said:
shame you didnt come to percival, i got 2 accounts there including 1 with a mana chanter, but i see u've chosen Albion again...weak man just weak :p

but saying that i spend most of my time playing WoW now, got my hunter up to lvl38

Cba with RP server

I swear to much ^^

Nice to see you again.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
DavidH said:
The whole Stigmata moved to Alb/Lancelot? :p
Played for a while on US myself. The community (Especially one rp servers) are much much better than on EU, no doubt about it.

8 of us atleast have ;p

myself gonna give alb lanc primary time and then COOP ^^

Natswoo

Banned
Mordred is sucking atm, used to play it to get away from all the whining boneys on camlann, but now only things to kill are warlocks and vampiirs... which makes it pretty sucky unless you're also one

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
its alot more obvious on the US servers than it is on excal or pryd. You may get 1 or 2 people on pryd in an area with a bb killing mobs or farming an artifact (rarer on hib).

ON the us server your looking at 2fgs farming each other in df or in the frontiers where its more than just 1 person 2 or 3 accounts its somthing like 1 person to every 5 accounts.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
NeonBlue said:
you havent stated any decent reasons why u think US servers aint as good as the EU servers, i might not of been playing the US servers long about 6months now . but i can already give you a few

No silly prices on CM for scrolls / artifacts
Always groups available for scroll / artifact hunting
Ppl much more willing to help, most (not all) more friendlier
If servers go down (which is rarely) u get proper communication and the servers are usually back up pretty fast

ive never had any lag yet on the US servers...infact i would go to say that the EU servers lagged more for me.

which server?

scroll prices entirely depends on the population which server/realm you're on - go Pendragon sure they're 500g for a full book... ;) shame there's only another 15 people on at any time.

Have you played through a patch cycle yet? be prepared for daily 2+ hour downtimes right in the middle of EU primetime for weeks after a patch ;)

the 1.70 ToA lag we had in europe was there on the US servers too....

But keep taking the happy pills ;)

Note that I'm not saying the US servers are bad, just the 200ms constant ping plus downtime being right in the middle of playtime, raids being at 3am or later etc. will be very annoying for most people. The community is no better or worse in general.... except things like people wiping out the DF merchants repeatedly are dealt with by a patch a month later rather than the GMs giving out a ban ;)

The arti farming/ebay bunch are organised - usually people all with names like zzxcvb, supposedly working out of china or korea.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
shrug, we went with a FG from Ascending Dawn to Merlin, never looked back really. More people on our primetime than pryd (about 1000 more overall). Less lag for me, and not one in our guild (all from EU) lags more than they did on Prydwen. There are more people to fight which is very nice.

Latest patch and ingame CSR is worth alot more than I ever realized playing EU.

US play DAoC in a totally different way than people did on Prydwen for sure though, they form lot more random groups overall in RVR, pugs just zerg to survive which I think is fine, aslong as we get FGfights aswell, which we actually do. Lot more than on Pryd.

When we got chainzerged by mids GGs in emain in OF we made a decision between moving to Excal for more active RVR or US, we decided to give US a go for 2 reasons I think, GOA is one, to get a chanse to kick some American butts was 2nd :) , Otherwise we woulda gone Excal.

Pryd was a great server to play on before TOA, the RVR was just perfect then, but slowly and steadily it all went downhill for us as hibs, we got outnumbered, outzerged for ages until we got fed up with it and decided we wasnt having fun anymore, so we moved, whats leet about that? Gaming should be fun, if it aint, do something about it. Nothing to do with leetness as someone so prominently put it. Its all about having fun imo :)

One thing though, the PvE has been hellish, it has taken us some time to reach ml10 on all toons, to get the best possible gear and now we are pretty much done finally and can focus 100% on RVR when we want to, was it worth it? Hell yea.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Shike - the Merlin you're describing sounds very much like alb/excal - sure it's not just that you went from underpop realm to overpop realm? :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
Shike - the Merlin you're describing sounds very much like alb/excal - sure it's not just that you went from underpop realm to overpop realm? :)

actually its hibs zerging everything to bits :D

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
:< sad to hear that so many moved... and i would never move... i would rather Quit the game then making a new char at US servers...

The best thing would be if goa merged togather alb\exc, so we could get some action in rvr.. last night i romed for 1whole huor in emain\odins, and met NOONE! so NF is by far to big for euro servers imo

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:
I think its sad how the game is dying slowly becouse of stupid things like this..
I think its sad to see people claiming the game is dead/dying when infact its more alive than ever.. for some people it might be dead, some might have grown sick of it.
The lag is a problem indeed, and a very annoying one aswell :touch:

So to sum it up to all the whin0rz " the game is in constant change, change with it or fall off" as for the lag, all i can say is GoA, less :wanker: and more :wub: plz ^^

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
which server?

percival

Flimgoblin said:
Have you played through a patch cycle yet? be prepared for daily 2+ hour downtimes right in the middle of EU primetime for weeks after a patch ;)

yup i have, what u said above didnt happen, the servers were down once on patch day for about 5/6 hrs,which was to be expected, but after that everything was fine.

Flimgoblin said:
the 1.70 ToA lag we had in europe was there on the US servers too....

never said it wasnt...i said there is no lag now i.e if there was any it got FIXED...unlike the EU servers things actually get FIXED on US servers

Flimgoblin said:
But keep taking the happy pills ;)

better than ur bullshit pills

Flimgoblin said:
Note that I'm not saying the US servers are bad, just the 200ms constant ping plus downtime being right in the middle of playtime, raids being at 3am or later etc. will be very annoying for most people.

Obviously raids are gonna be a problem because of the time difference but if u get in a decent guild that has other European players in it raiding wont be a problem. As for 200ms pings must be ur connection ive never had such pings so i suggest u take a look at ur isp :p

So just because you've had all the above problems why slate the US servers when they are perfectly fine for others? Am not saying they dont have their problems because they do,but your making them sound horrific and they are very far from that

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Cba with RP server

I swear to much ^^

Nice to see you again.

you think we dont swear on a RP server? lol

but anyways good luck on lancelot hope u find it was worth the move, like i did

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Chimaira said:
8 of us atleast have ;p

myself gonna give alb lanc primary time and then COOP ^^
Started up a sorc myself a few days ago on alb/lanc. Let me know if you need a cc'er in guild :D Using mostly eu names, sorc is Veracruz :p

Nott

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Have you played through a patch cycle yet? be prepared for daily 2+ hour downtimes right in the middle of EU primetime for weeks after a patch ;).

On Catacomb release it was down 1-2hr a day for the first 4-5 days...true.. but I would hardly call 14-16:00 CET primetime.

Flimgoblin said:
Note that I'm not saying the US servers are bad, just the 200ms constant ping plus downtime being right in the middle of playtime, raids being at 3am or later etc. will be very annoying for most people. The community is no better or worse in general.... except things like people wiping out the DF merchants repeatedly are dealt with by a patch a month later rather than the GMs giving out a ban ;)

Back when I started Daoc i played on U.S server with Modem 28.8 :-D That was playable but moving to Europe I was happy to get Adsl cause modem wasn't playable here for me. This got better though and I would say lag was pretty even for me (except for the crap here lately ofcourse)

Community wise its just a matter of taste really, and for me playing on coop server ofcourse its alot different from life on Excalibur, that goes without saying really, PvE'rs are just a different mold :). One things for sure, theres much more "noobs" on Gaheris, but I don't mean that in a bad way. Its just new players which I guess theres more of on U.s servers possibly cause of the poor marketing from Goa on the English servers.

Raids starting 1-3am on weekdays is a pain, and if I was an rvr'er I'm sure relicraids at night might annoy me. But theres also good things about this. Easier to find artifacts up while I play :)

Bottom line is.. play where you find the game fun. The grass is greener over there for some, for others it isn't. My reason to finally go back to U.S server was the Coop server which suits me much more than RvR.

...peace out.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
I would never play usa servers because i bet they do not have great GMs like we have here, requiel, zenythe and eviross seem to be doing great jobs.(not mentioned xalin because haven't seen him/her yet but i am sure he/she does too)

They may have ingame crs system but their servers also are down everytime there is a small patch i believe? anyway it's not better like some people think...also they do not have ingame events like we do here.(maybe they do now but they didn't for a while, although some people do not like them it shows that the GMs of the servers care about the community)

If you can fit in your time schedule with their timezone then i guess it could be good servers for you if not better than euro servers due to the high population on merlin and lancelot at those times.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Lancelot and Merlin has more on at off peak hours than Prydwen has at their peak........

Close to xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom