[QUESTION] How Long?

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
Full of questions me aren't I?

Anyway, I was just wondering if there's been an answer as to how long we'll have after the Headstart to input CE keys in order to continue with our Headstart characters?
Do the codes from the CE box HAVE to be entered on the release day or we lost the Headstart characters? Or is there a few days/weeks timeframe? Or any timeframe at all?

The reason I ask is that my pre-order is from Play, and they are notoriously unreliable for getting pre-orders to your door for release day. Generally Play will POST the things on release day, then take a few days to get to you.
My main concern is my old Pre-order problem with Play where it took two weeks from release day for my pre-ordered City of Villians collectors edition to arrive, and if I invest a good bit of time in my Headstart characters, I don't wanna lose all that progress.

DrClink

Fledgling Freddie
I am pretty sure that I read with the early access key it gave 5 days grace to enter retail key after release date.

I know 100% that there is a few days if not its not 5 , but 5 was what was in my mind.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think your account would just get frozen - not wiped.

However I've not experienced problems with Play - I pre-ordered AoC from them recently and got it in time and there was a Wow expansion that arrived 2 days before it was due to be released so perhaps it was the distributors fault last time?

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
toons will be on your account that you create with your head start code
you then upgrade your account from a head start account to your CE or SE account by entering the code so your toons will be safe

also note they are giving you a grace period of couple of days after lunch day for those that don't get the CE/SE codes on the lunch day

DrClink

Fledgling Freddie
found something no mention of my mystical 5 days plucked from the ether (still pretty sure i read it was 5 days :m00: :)

Q. Will I need my final activation key to be able to play the game on September 18th?

A. No. You will be able to continue playing with your pre-order key for a few days after release. This is done to allow for a ‘grace’ period, in case you are unable to get hold of your full game box on the release day.

All Collector's Edition pre-order customers will have access to the Headstart from the 14th of September while all Standard Edition pre-orders will be joining them a day later on the 15th. The full range of live servers will be available to choose from when the Headstart begins and you will be able to keep your characters and any progress you made with them for the live launch on the 18th of September (note that this only applies to characters created during the Headstart, all Open Beta characters will be wiped before the Headstart begins).

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
"Edit" Just read it again, my bad. Anyways here is another question :

What if Headstart cd keys dont work ? :p It happened to me with another mmorpg. And i lost 3 days from the 5 of the headstart w8ing for the new cd key to come :eek:.

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know you know. Play were really good when i WoW:TBC (Shock horror) came out i had the game the day before release. I think they send them off as soon as they get them themselves. So we get them for release day. Just my thought on this.

rynnor

Rockhound
"Edit" Just read it again, my bad. Anyways here is another question :

What if Headstart cd keys dont work ? :p It happened to me with another mmorpg. And i lost 3 days from the 5 of the headstart w8ing for the new cd key to come :eek:.

What if the world ends, what if theres a big power cut, what if your pc dies!!!

Seriously lets not invent problems until they occur please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom