How long until chars get autodeleted? Or dont they?

Box4m

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone knows for SURE? Does the chars/account get autodeleted if you dont pay after a surtain time, that is what ive been hearing since start of daoc, now a mate might wanna renew but havent payed for ages.

So anyone KNOWS for sure this?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I have no idea about the exact time but I beleave accounts that are inactive for 6 months get marked as inactive by GOA, my first account which I had when DAoC was just released in EU and stopped using it after the free month all characters where deleted on that account (not that it mattered to me though).
But I guess GOA deleted accounts only when they are really inactive for like 2 years or something and if they need space.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
According to GOA they have never deleted any characters from the database, of course they do reserve the right to after an extended period from the date the subscription was ceased.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
no accounts are EVER deleted

if i cba id try find requiels post about it a month or so ago.. but i cant so just trust me ;D

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
I have no idea about the exact time but I beleave accounts that are inactive for 6 months get marked as inactive by GOA, my first account which I had when DAoC was just released in EU and stopped using it after the free month all characters where deleted on that account (not that it mattered to me though).
But I guess GOA deleted accounts only when they are really inactive for like 2 years or something and if they need space.

Only paying customers get support ;) Maybe that's why they didn't save your chars because you decided not to pay :) (to go on after the free month). Would be the only sensible answer I think but I have yet to see someone's char deleted after inactivity.

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
I think they only guarantee 6 months. However, no characters have been ever deleted in US, for example. So never say never... but it's not likely.

Eroa

Banned
They are forced to keep the char for 6 months, but they wont delete aslong as they arent in need of the space(which they wont be)

Herjulf

Banned
I do not know if there is a guaranteed time limit on character upkeep after cancelled subscription.
However i do remember that i read that character will never dissapear. but that they have the right to change that at any time.

So basically i do not think the account database will ever be tampered with due to size.
I was inactive over a year at one time. but my characters were still there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom