How long to Goa take to reply to Rightnow questions?

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I asked a question using the Rightnow thing and they haven't replied after 6 days. This isn't a whine or anything, I was just wondering how long people have had to wait? :) The question was asking about restoring old characters.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Depends where you sent it. If you sent it va RightNow rather than to the subscription email address and didn't use the 'subscription problems' category then it will already have been done. There are no outstanding RightNow requests currently regarding restoring characters and generally requests like this get answered the same day.

If you used the subscription email or the 'subscription problems' category then there will be a delay while the request gets forwarded from the subscription teams to the GM team. It's also worth pointing out that if you access RightNow through a non-English interface, then your request will go to the GM team dealing with that language first and they will have to forward it on to us as they have no access to the English databases.

Check your spam and privacy settings as there's a very good chance you've already had a reply and your spam filters have eaten it or diverted it to your bulkmail folder. Our replies come from a noreply email address and many ISPs either filter these entirely or bounce them to your junk folder.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I went into Rightnow and went to "My Stuff" and updated an old question, because I was unable to find out how to ask a new question. Perhaps thats why there hasn't been a response. Requiel, how do I ask a direct question? I've checked my junk mail etc, and there is nothing there. I don't think I would recieve an email since I asked it through Rightnow though, and last time I asked a question, (about 2 years ago) the response came in rightnow, above my previous question.

Jaison X

Fledgling Freddie
i send complains of bug abuse with pictures and explaining exactly as goa ask for, and get a premade answer and still see every bug user arround.

How much time do you need to check the server sidelogs and make anything?

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
All my questions to GOA, bar one, have to date been answered within 48 hrs and typically 24hrs. Today I continually updated the question I was asking via rightnow in response to the answers they gave me. This was probably to the tune of 3 or 4 questions in total and they answered them all by approx 3pm today. First question of this series was asked at approx 7pm last night.

I'm very happy with this standard of service.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Mobius said:
I went into Rightnow and went to "My Stuff" and updated an old question, because I was unable to find out how to ask a new question. Perhaps thats why there hasn't been a response. Requiel, how do I ask a direct question? I've checked my junk mail etc, and there is nothing there. I don't think I would recieve an email since I asked it through Rightnow though, and last time I asked a question, (about 2 years ago) the response came in rightnow, above my previous question.

You seem not to have used RightNow alot ;)

To counter people zerging them with the same question time after time, you need to search their answer database and VIEW 1 answer already in the database, before you get the option to "Ask a Question"

But I think that updating a question should make it pop up at their side to view it, but ofc I dunno :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
As Iceforge says, the option to ask a new question is only available after viewing one answer.

The fact that you updated an old question may be the reason why you haven't got a response yet. When you update a question, it is automatically assigned to the same CSR who dealt with it previously. If that CSR is no longer here (which is likely after 2 years), the question goes into a supervisor queue which doesn't get checked as often.

If I were you I'd resubmit your request as a new report.

Jaison X said:
i send complains of bug abuse with pictures and explaining exactly as goa ask for, and get a premade answer and still see every bug user arround.

How much time do you need to check the server sidelogs and make anything?
You'll only ever get the standard 'we will investigate' answer as we don't reveal teh results of our investigations to anyone except the person we take action against. Every report gets looked into and action is taken where warranted. If you see the person you reported still playing it may be because we didn't find enough evidence, didn't agree the problem warranted our action or we did in fact take action and the person has now served their suspension or had a warning placed on their account. In no case will you as the reporting person ever recieve any other information than the acknowledgement of your complaint and our intent to investigate.

Jaison X

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
You'll only ever get the standard 'we will investigate' answer as we don't reveal teh results of our investigations to anyone except the person we take action against. Every report gets looked into and action is taken where warranted. If you see the person you reported still playing it may be because we didn't find enough evidence, didn't agree the problem warranted our action or we did in fact take action and the person has now served their suspension or had a warning placed on their account. In no case will you as the reporting person ever recieve any other information than the acknowledgement of your complaint and our intent to investigate.

Yes, i understand that, its total clear and obiously, but for example, how i know the thing im complaining is consider as goa as a bug? if they always answer the same thing, i dont rly know if hide in a npc texture to attack from there without let others click you, for example, is a bug abuse, and if goa always answer: we will investigate sidelogs and ....etc. I can be complaining everyday 1 thing wich isnt consider as bug.

Could anyone bring a link to the goa idea of bug abuse? or what do they consider as bug etc, Because in rightnow questions i havent found anything.

:)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks alot Requiel, I worked it out and have resubmitted. :)

Cheers.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
A lot of these questions are also answered on these forums, if you can scrape past the whines, you can actually get some really useful information. The search facility on here isnt that bad tbh.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Jaison X said:
Yes, i understand that, its total clear and obiously, but for example, how i know the thing im complaining is consider as goa as a bug? if they always answer the same thing, i dont rly know if hide in a npc texture to attack from there without let others click you, for example, is a bug abuse, and if goa always answer: we will investigate sidelogs and ....etc. I can be complaining everyday 1 thing wich isnt consider as bug.

Could anyone bring a link to the goa idea of bug abuse? or what do they consider as bug etc, Because in rightnow questions i havent found anything.

:)

Do you know every bug in your game/program? Wouldn't you have fixed it then... The general idea of bug abusing is that if you gain any advantage that is done by abusing terrain, abilities (that ain't working as explained or combination of abilities that make you unkillable or unhittable. In other words if the other player can't do anything to it it will probably be a bug and you are asked to report it and not abuse it.) or 3rd party programs. I'll give an example:

1. An ice wizard in Albion's AC on a tent and not being able to be hit by mobs is bug abusing.
2. An ice wizard using the terrain (like a slope where mobs can't run straight to the wizard but can when they take a little detour) ain't bug abusing (it will if mobs can't reach em).
3. A ranger standing outside normal passable area where others can't reach em is bug abusing (and especially if he's killing others by abusing that).
4. A ranger standing on a keep wall is not bug abusing cause the others just have to knock down the wall or keepdoor to get to the ranger. (The possibility is there but you need to do something to get there, that's a total differance with being out of the zone)

And if you don't know if it's bug abusing then just ask rightnow or on here. Nobody said you couldn't ask but people rather don't want others to know if they found out something good. That's why a lot of people abuse bugs and later on claim they didn't know it was a bug. And then there's the US-EU patch differance that some people happy use to their advantage (US patch note showing a bug in previous versions which then can be used on EU, although the EU does hotfix most big bugs). Hope that was a bit informative :D

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Don't turn this into another complaining thread. :p I got a reply from GOA quickly, so thanks alot. :)

*Crosses fingers*

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Bummer, they can't restore my character. Got my hopes up there too. :( Apparently its because it was a previous patch. Arrrgh. :(:(:(

Jaison X

Fledgling Freddie
Khale said:
Do you know every bug in your game/program? Wouldn't you have fixed it then... The general idea of bug abusing is that if you gain any advantage that is done by abusing terrain, abilities (that ain't working as explained or combination of abilities that make you unkillable or unhittable. In other words if the other player can't do anything to it it will probably be a bug and you are asked to report it and not abuse it.) or 3rd party programs. I'll give an example:

1. An ice wizard in Albion's AC on a tent and not being able to be hit by mobs is bug abusing.
2. An ice wizard using the terrain (like a slope where mobs can't run straight to the wizard but can when they take a little detour) ain't bug abusing (it will if mobs can't reach em).
3. A ranger standing outside normal passable area where others can't reach em is bug abusing (and especially if he's killing others by abusing that).
4. A ranger standing on a keep wall is not bug abusing cause the others just have to knock down the wall or keepdoor to get to the ranger. (The possibility is there but you need to do something to get there, that's a total differance with being out of the zone)

And if you don't know if it's bug abusing then just ask rightnow or on here. Nobody said you couldn't ask but people rather don't want others to know if they found out something good. That's why a lot of people abuse bugs and later on claim they didn't know it was a bug. And then there's the US-EU patch differance that some people happy use to their advantage (US patch note showing a bug in previous versions which then can be used on EU, although the EU does hotfix most big bugs). Hope that was a bit informative :D

But atleast they could answer in my question something like:

We dont consider that a bug abuse. if it isnt. just that

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Jaison X said:
But atleast they could answer in my question something like:

We dont consider that a bug abuse. if it isnt. just that

Maybe you got somehow unlucky then cause they usually came with an answer to me or they made a public announcement.

Jaison X

Fledgling Freddie
well alrdy about 15 pictures of what i think are bug abuse, in 2 diferent msgs, and the same answer without any information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom