how long does an account stay active if not used

ranind

Fledgling Freddie
Hello all, long time since i played DAOC (since wow proberly) other than a couple of times i logged on but im sure that was quite some time ago.....

1. how long does DAOC keep account info ?

2. do chars get deleted after a period of time ?

3. what happens if the account details are missing (use to keep them on an email account, but account was not used as long as i have not used daoc) so that is inactive how would i go about regaining my logon details ?

4. am i basically screwed ?

5. is there a website to show all players ? if so pls share link and maybe i can search for my old chars to see if there still shown in the game

6. since when did freddyshouse look like this ? much prefer the old skin to this look

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
1) Indefinitely. In other words: Account information doesn't vanish.
2) No.
3) If you don't have your account information (subscription), contact GOA. you will need the CD key used to create the account. At least this is what was required ages ago. If you still have the same email address, you get the password to be sent to you via the subscription page on Dark Age of Camelot - Europe
4) Nope.
5) Yes, DAoC Euro Roster
6) Change the skin from the User Control Panel (User CP)

Hope this information package helps you !

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
1) Indefinitely. In other words: Account information doesn't vanish.

True they don't delete accounts, i've just recently reopened an account that has been inactive for three years, but if i remember correctly they only garuntee the data will remain in the database for 6 months, after that if they decide to clean out the inactive account they may delete them (i may be wrong and thinking of another game) hasn't been done since the servers went live though.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Hello all, long time since i played DAOC (since wow proberly) other than a couple of times i logged on but im sure that was quite some time ago.....

1. how long does DAOC keep account info ?

2. do chars get deleted after a period of time ?

3. what happens if the account details are missing (use to keep them on an email account, but account was not used as long as i have not used daoc) so that is inactive how would i go about regaining my logon details ?

4. am i basically screwed ?

5. is there a website to show all players ? if so pls share link and maybe i can search for my old chars to see if there still shown in the game

6. since when did freddyshouse look like this ? much prefer the old skin to this look

if you played on prydwen, your toons might have funky items in funky slots instead of what you used to have

ranind

Fledgling Freddie
:( well just gone on that website and could not even find one of my old chars so they look like they been deleted :(

/bye

Ranind
Runind
Renind
Rinind
Ronind
Readyaimfire
Godslittlehelper
God
Boneraiser

to name a few lvl 50's

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
:( well just gone on that website and could not even find one of my old chars so they look like they been deleted :(

/bye

Ranind
Runind
Renind
Rinind
Ronind
Readyaimfire
Godslittlehelper
God
Boneraiser

to name a few lvl 50's

Now now, I would not rely too much on that website (the XML). It's often inacurrate or blatantly missing alot of info. My character doesn't show on that webpage either, but I played it yesterday :)

Personally I doubt that they've deleted your characters

/bye

Ranind
Runind
Renind
Rinind
Ronind
Readyaimfire
Godslittlehelper
God
Boneraiser

to name a few lvl 50's

Your characters won't show on the Roll of Honour etc if the account has been inactive for xx ammount of time.

Cereesha

Fledgling Freddie
I recently reactivated account after somewhere between 1.5 and 2 years, and everything was still there (well all but the damn house ;)). It is normal for an inactive accouint to not show up on that website, so don't worry about that..

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
What Samaroon and Cereesha said, 100% accurate. Once you've been inactive for a while you don't show on the XML. If you can re-activate the account I'm pretty sure you'll find the 'toons pretty much as you left them.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
but if i remember correctly they only garuntee the data will remain in the database for 6 months, after that if they decide to clean out the inactive account they may delete them (i may be wrong and thinking of another game) hasn't been done since the servers went live though.

Final Fantasy. 3 months.

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
agh, what happens if the email i used is now defunct ? it says "an email has been set out blabla" but i cant access the email lol :(

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
agh, what happens if the email i used is now defunct ? it says "an email has been set out blabla" but i cant access the email lol :(

You email GOA and tell them about the situation. They will then instruct you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom