How is xp calculated when grouped?

S

Stonebits

The reason im asking is that, being a Midgard player, I thought id roll up Albion character for a change, and have a little play there... just to see some different scenery, and have a look alb side at SI.

Rolled up a necromancer, leveled him to 5th, and then linked him up with a 5th level cleric I had on my main account, and hadnt touch for over a year... Thought Id try and level em a bit together... :scared:

Now I was under the (wrong) impression that xp was split equally amongst group members, and that baring level difference, if you had a group of say four level 10 players, they would all receive the same xp from a kill....

What I found was that when both characters were 6th, I was pulling with the necro, using the cleric to heal, and the necro was getting say 450 xp, the cleric was getting 100xp, sometime less than that, if the cleric didnt heal in a fight, she got 11xp for one kill! :touch:

I then started mucking about, letting the cleric heal all the time, and not cast anything as the shade, or even getting the cleric to chain cast smite.... every time the necro got full xp of 450, and the highest the cleric evergot was 220 odd. :(

Is this some sort of bug(feature) of the necro? or does this happen all the time, perhaps ive been xp'ing to long with the +million xp's from kills that I havnt noticed..... :rolleyes:

Anyway back to midgard for me.... those necro's are bloody weird to play :chortle:

K

klavrynd

prolly has something to do that the pet counts as a groupmember?

(just guessing)

T

talen_sun

Well, I've been levelling my neccy and cleric together, and they both get the same xp, both being the same level.

The only thing I can think of, is that you forgot to group them...

S

Stonebits

:ROFLMAO:

Heh, could have been..... Ive done things like that before.... :lol:

Im pretty sure they were grouped....

Im going to go and have another try.... :eek7:

M

~Mobius~

It sounds like they wasnt grouped and that the Cleric was leeching xp.

I

inuyasha

yeah, cant be anything else really.

You was not group, or encountered a bug =)

If healers didnt get xp if they did not heal, then i doubt wardens would go afk all night in fins groups :great:

H

healer_mcheal

Originally posted by inuyasha
yeah, cant be anything else really.

You was not group, or encountered a bug =)

If healers didnt get xp if they did not heal, then i doubt wardens would go afk all night in fins groups :great:

Actually, i rarly went afk in xp grps when lvling mine lol, but, as every1 says, it must have been ungrouped, other wise it would have still got full xp.

Edit: Typo's:(

S

Stonebits

Heh... Tried again, xp is equal now.... Must have been ungrouped somehow.... :eek: :wall:

Dunno how... they were grouped.... and neither of them logged... weird... :uhoh:

Prob didnt notice because of the weird thing that on the group bar, when the pet gets damaged, you see the life bar of the necro player going down... but if you click on the group bar to target for a heal, it heals the shade, and not the pet silly eh :lol:

Ill stick to playing my shammy dieing of boredom in the malmo lists :bore:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom