How is everyone's name pronounced?

V

Vell

Vell. As in Well. But with a V.
Garuthel. Ga-roo-thel. Not Gar-uthel.
Galille. As in I'm-bored-of-hinging. Gal-eel.

T

The Real Redi

Usually using the mouth, but hey ho...

Red-eye
Dil
Tee-am

peasy

K

kestral

Originally posted by Kagato.
Kag a toe

Hmm, I've been mispronouncing it for years, saying Ka ga toe.

Mine's just like it looks, like the bird, Kes trel.

P

parisienscot

My name is also pronounced in a French accent.

You should also say "Jimmy" (pronounced Jumeh) just after it for some reason.

O

old.Tohtori

Well since toh-to-ri is quite simple, ((Just say it like you would if you were a thumper(one of those ground pounding machines)) i'll give you a quick lesson in how to pronounce Teh Seel.

First word Teh:

Take a hold of your tongue with your pinkyfinger and thumb, pull it out just a bit, turn your head to the left and say "Bleh"

Now for the Seel part:

1. Put some oil on a frying pan and wait for it to boil/sizzle.

2. Try to mimic that sound. If you have problems with making the sound, just pour a glass of zizzlypops in your mouth.

3. Keep the sound for about a half a second.

4. Cough inverse(you know, cough inside and not outside)

5. Pronoounce the word "eel" while thinking about the first words of MacBeth(Don't need to remember them, just try to.)

And there ya go. Easy as a babies biscuitjar.

T

tripitaka

Trippy Tarker

and

For mash Get Smash - as in the Bagged potato substitute of the 70's and 80's (not sure if it still used today)

K

Kaitlyn

Lwen=Lu-wen.
Catei= Cate-y not cat-eye.

Think the rest are pretty simple.

G

Gareck

Strange as it may seem, it's pronounced Wibble......which somehow confuses a lot of people.

B

Bilf

georgie - jor-gee
eremite - eh-reh-mite ("eh" like the "er" in error)
jhana - yar-nuh
Bill - um.. Bill

Also, I'd quite like some suggestions on how to pronounce this (randomly generated) name please:

Muadhnivebheann

:)

A

Addlcove

Rharcyn - Rarr-syn (as in sin but with an y sound)
Troryn - tro-ryn .. slips right of your tounge that one
Addlcove- Addl-cove (kinda hard to explain this one... :))

S

SuperZwerver

Su-per(just like in Superman) Zwer-ver

Quick explanation. Zwerver in dutch is someone who doesn't has any money or a home so he wanders the streets. I think the word for it in english is bum but im not sure.
I got that name from Counter-Strike. I never had any money to buy the better weapons like ak-47 thats why I got that nickname from some friends of mine :p

O

old.ivan

Ee-vaaa-n .... bit easier to pronounce I-waaan

With "aaa" pronounced like the sound you get from "u" in word "Sun".

S

Sarum TheBlack

Think Sarum is pretty simple, not sure there is any way to say that but Sa-rum but with both syllables blurred together.

Martyn is like Martin, Mar-tin (duh ;))

Markys is again pretty much how you might expect Mar-kis (like Marquis is pronounced, tho that's far less obvious)

Killminusnine is the linux command Kill -9, insta-termination of the given process, whether it wants to die or not. Felt kinda right for the apparently overpowered Necro, not that I'd really know, got bored at lvl 10 :p.

Sazzle you'd have to ask the guy that decided to call Sarum this for a definitive answer, tho I'd expect it to be Saz'el (there was a time when it was sometimes written sazzel, but the Sazzle camp eventually won out, anything starting 'Saz' seems to be used now, including Sazzums.. bleh)

T

torcuil

Originally posted by Bilf
Also, I'd quite like some suggestions on how to pronounce this (randomly generated) name please:

Muadhnivebheann

:)

I'd probably try something like:

MOOTH-nee-vuh-vahn(TH like in 'father')

Of course, my own names are:

Torcuil Tlachdmhor - TOR-keel TLAHK-vor
Donnachadh Dubh - DON-kah DOO/v/ (v only semi-pronounced)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom