how important is insta ae stun...? (pve and rvr)

O

old.Gillaien

Was wondering that as I have been discussing healer specs with a mate lately...

and the question was whether you should go 40 mend for 2nd spread and uber rezz or get 38 pac for insta ae stun

From my druid I know how uber that spread and ofc the rezz are, but I wasn't sure how usefull that first insta ae stun actually is with everyone having det and whatsoever

So giv some opinions please, and spare whine about instas of any form (in other words all albs may proceed to the next thread :p )

A

ardamels

It's mostly useful when you get jumped in RvR or when you get überpulls in PvE. The timer is quite long so it's not like you can use it in every fight. I always try to save it as long as possible and use regular CC instead.

P

poppamies

well i dunno if its so importent, but i been 35 mend, 38 pac since i made my healer, more then 2 years ago, and i just like been a little bit of all, but yes i like th have the insta cc i get from the pac like, and ae spells, even tho i hardly ewer use the st instas, nor the insta ae mezz, i use the ae stunn insta at times when i dont have then time to cast a real ae mezz, so every 3-5th fight i guess, the rest i just use when 2+ tanks are on me.
But i wouldnt trade it for spread heal 2 nor the great rezz =)
But thats just me since i lijke my spec, and my class, my only L50 char and been playing since release =)

O

old.Gillaien

And that's what you call long? LOL

Wish any of my insta heals had a 10min timer :p

O

old.Gillaien

well ok mine are 15/20 :p but anyways...

I still dunno about how important insta ae stun is - I understand its a nice backup if you fuck up, but anything with a timer is nothing you can rely on

And stun duration is quite short anyway as its only the first insta ae and stun durs are short anyway

So what could you use it for? Give yerself time to cast ae mezz... allright... only works if u hit the stun before the fight then due to mezz immunity timer, and I rather doubt that would happen too often

Need more opinions :)

I

infozwerg

cc instas are useless pve.

for rvr, if you want to mezz, go 44+ pac.

if you want to heal, scrap pac and get 16% resits with your spare pts.

B

belth

IMO all healers should go 50 pac for old times sake.

A

ab_fluid

insta ae stun, castable ae mezz over it = win. :/

A

Aussie-

Originally posted by old.Gillaien
And that's what you call long? LOL

ye it's funny, i wonder how they call a 30 min timer RA :|

P

phule_gubben

Pac 38 gives u insta ae AREA 150 stun. Not very useful unless u get the jump on your enemy.

P

parzi

hmm, im all for 36pac 40 mend, at least if you play with only 2 healers in the group. neverlasting managed to cc almost everything with 36pac, ae stun was rarely used, since it provides the enemy with stun immunity, which sucks tbh.
for a 3 healer grp i'd choose 1 44pac/30 mend 1 37 aug/39 mend 1 36pac/40 mend.

he had no problems with resists with the lvl 34 aemez, but after the changes to the to hit system maybe there would be more total resists. dunno
i suggest speccing 30mend 36 pac first and try it out, and see what fits your playstyle more.

B

belth

Afaik most sorcs toiter around with the lvl34 AoE-mezz, so it's a perfectly viable mezz for Healers too resists-wise.

O

old.Gillaien

Kinda talking about a grp with 1 healer so far, at least on the way to 50, can't say what will be then...

But point is he should be able to do good CC and still provide good heals, buffs aren't that relevant there imo

As further remark, can the main CCers from any realms post about experiences with the 34 ae mezz?

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by old.Gillaien
Kinda talking about a grp with 1 healer so far, at least on the way to 50, can't say what will be then...

But point is he should be able to do good CC and still provide good heals, buffs aren't that relevant there imo

As further remark, can the main CCers from any realms post about experiences with the 34 ae mezz?

I used the lvl24aemezz on my sorc 2 patches ago.
Solo the resists were terrible :D but buffed and grouped it was ok.
So I guess the lvl34 one would work nice, but dont count on any relyable CC.

Z

zmurf

44pac 30mend rest aug = best pac spec for experienced pac healer, as u r not only a cc char but allso secondary spread healer ... and the range on ur insta's isen't so importnent, the fact u got 2 diff insta stun's for nme cc is more importnent so u can use best ae mezz (44spec) over the stun ...

I

infozwerg

Originally posted by belth
Afaik most sorcs toiter around with the lvl34 AoE-mezz, so it's a perfectly viable mezz for Healers too resists-wise.

the best sorc ive seen has 49 mind ;)

anyways, having only the 34 ae mezz is a sacrifice you do for the 39 ae root.

Users who are viewing this thread