How gay are you?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Has anyone else seen the advert for this sky 1 show? They really are scraping the barrel now. I think this forum over the last few days may actually be more entertaining than your average sky 1 program these days.

For anyone that hasn't seen the ad, its an interactive gameshow to find yout how much gay is in your average straight man. The ad offers mp3's, coffee and kickboxing as examples of gayness.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Tonight they had "Bra's Unpadded"

Oh glorious TV.

mookie

One of Freddy's beloved
i think itv and sky1 are competing to see who can produce the worst tv programming.

/whatever/ from hell
/whatever/ uncovered
celebrities /doing something nobody really cares about/
posh and becks /something/

i dont really care. sky one is for simpsons and malcolm in the middle. dont watch itv at all :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Its cheap, and they only make it because the regulations force them to air a %age of home-produced programming.

Catsby

One of Freddy's beloved
mookie said:
i think itv and sky1 are competing to see who can produce the worst tv programming.

/whatever/ from hell
/whatever/ uncovered
celebrities /doing something nobody really cares about/
posh and becks /something/

i dont really care. sky one is for simpsons and malcolm in the middle. dont watch itv at all :)

Catsby highly recommends:

"Erotic Stories from Hell"
"Unclothed Ladies Uncovered"
"Celebrities and their Mirrors"
"Posh and Becks do Dalas"

And he also leaves his tv on channel 444 (he notes that chanel 666 is a teleshopping channel, clearly from the devil).

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I heard about this show called Aggro, which is basically one of those "World's Scariest Police Encounters!!!!!!" type thing, except it has videos of horrific violence and in some cases murder. The fact that they show all this in graphic detail is pretty disgusting really, it's on mondays at about 9pm I think.

What amuses me most is that we're not allowed to see a boner/meatlips/penetrative sex on tv but it seems we can see real death at 9pm on sky one?

What the fuck?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
A friend of mine who lives around the corner had the pleasure of working on that 'something about miriam' series. Heh, the tales from that........

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Do tell, tom :)

I, for one, solely blame Friends. Not saying I want back the old Equinox and Horizon and live-tv Time Team (muddy ditch for 12 hours each day, possibly with some theakston-type presenter running some show related to "which archaeologist will end themself first") but it's all show and no substance. Who watches this crap? Because it seems to have affected the science programs a lot. They're all flashy and sensational and tend to give an angle of scientists competing with each other to be right, with some deep-voiced narrator going over the same things, again and again.
First person to say "get cable" will "get stabbed".

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Bugger cable. "Get Sky instead"

:p

Though really, the only actual channels i watch on it are the music ones, and even on them there is a lot of crap :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Heh, at last ! Ive always thought Freinds to be an utter triumph of style over substance, but ive never seen anyone say so on here that I can remember :)
One-liner, uproar of laughter, another one line, audience now hysterical please fuck off.
I feel better now ...
I do like Time Team though, sorry :(

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Like I said, I'm not declaring Friends the spawn of satan or anything ... just that it seems to have spawned so many clones. Yay for light entertainment, but variety too, please :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
throdgrain said:
Heh, at last ! Ive always thought Freinds to be an utter triumph of style over substance, but ive never seen anyone say so on here that I can remember :)
One-liner, uproar of laughter, another one line, audience now hysterical please fuck off.
I feel better now ...
I do like Time Team though, sorry :(
Up until season 3 of Friends or so they didnt add fake audience laughter. they assumed their audience at home would know what was funny. Obviously after three years humour was suddenly lost on us.

Music TV isnt safe now either. I still dont have digital cable, so I have a choice of 3 music channels. vh1 and the box tend to just play music, but MTV hardly ever plays actual songs anymore. If I want to watch MTV I have to put up with shit like punked, osbournes, dirty sanchez and random dating shows.

And the best sitcom to come out of the US in recent times, and IMO the funniest I have ever seen, Fraiser ends its 11th and final series this week. I doubt we will get anything of this calibre for a long time. Instead we will all have to be content with the Freinds Joey spin-off. Yay for dumbed down TV.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ch3tan said:
Up until season 3 of Friends or so they didnt add fake audience laughter. they assumed their audience at home would know what was funny. Obviously after three years humour was suddenly lost on us.

Friends is filmed in front of a live studio audience of a couple of hundred people or so.

Thing is, if they need 15 takes to get a particular joke right, obviously by take 15 the audience won't be laughing much, so they most likely use the audience reaction from take 1.

Not fake, just.....improvised :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It sounds very very bad though. Maybe a small amount of the Freinds watching public need that prompt as to what is funny, but its not exactly complex humour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom