How fit??

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
I used to ride my bike a lot. I used to compete in both MTB X Country races and road races (with the occasional TT thrown in for pains sake)
In the winter I was riding around about 15hrs a week.
Summer I would race most weekends, plus perhaps a local RR in the week. I raced Expert MTB and was a second cat on the road.
I considered myself "Fitter than average"

Since the birth of my second daughter, Ive not done any racing, and very little cycling.

At work, we have a yearly medical with fitness tests, heart monitoring etc.

Ive just completed my tests, and to my amazement Im classed as being fitter now, than at my peek 3 years ago!! Although I have put half a stone on in weight, and my flexibility is worse, my VO2Max is up, my lung capacity is greater, my heart rate is lower, my blood pressure is lower, my endurance is greater. WTF?

Does this mean that in all the years I was racing I was sub-standard? Overtrained? Crap?

Im gutted :(

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
just goes to show ;

Now you have more time for wanking, therefore wanking is better excercise than cycling.

just a pity your exercise period is 3.5 seconds

Catsby

One of Freddy's beloved
Catsby points out that your age will affect your fitness. Depends on how old you are. Endurance and strength come with age, then tail off with age.

Catsby had been involved in some fitness testing as a student, and noted that he scored 30-50% better when he had not been marathon training for 2 weeks, than when he had last run within 2 days.

Catsby was also informed that his diet affected his blood pressure, as he was on a very high carb diet when training. Catsby was told that for competitive athletes, the diet must be carefully balanced, and lots of sleep obtained.

Catsby does wonder if Wilier could get on a bike and beat his old time trial records.
Catsby puts a tenner on it that he can't.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Catsby should note that Im 33 years old now, so yes, in my prime as far as endurance goes.

As far as my TT times go, I doubt I could crack 1hr15 for a 25, never mind sub 55minutes :(

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe it's the peace you've gotten from keeping a family that's given you vital energy.

In other news, your Dream Catcher(tm) need's it's filter emptying. £14.99 from WHSmiths.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yeah yeah like i said you are really fit
But my gosh don't you just know it

(hehe)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I was mislead by the thread title. I thought it would be a Babe thread :(

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's a good job Wilier didn't put pictures of his fitness in here because I arrived 'cock-out'.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
erm..............I have pictures if you want them?

:kissit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom