How does WoW fare on a modem connection?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I imagine it will play just fine - its not the quantity of data thats transmited thats a problem, its what quality the connection is, i.e. what ping it will get and if it will suffer lagspikes etc, but thats down to the route it travels. If your routing sucks you will lag on a 10mbit as well as on a 56k connection.

But seriously, is there any part of the civilized world where you cant get at least 0.5mbit adsl these days?

Spooks

Fledgling Freddie
my mate plays on a 56k modem and he says its fine to play. he hardly gets any lag at all.

might wanna get a friend with broadband to send you a copy of the game if you wanna play FB though :)

Brilliance

Can't get enough of FH
Modem will work fine for relaxing PvE. But when PvP starts getting serious those 300ms missing gonna hurt.

U see, many skills are based on timing

A fat example, mage's counter-spell. It's insta and u must land it at the moment your opponent is casting his spell. Some spells have 1,5sec casting time. U see my point I hope :>

Gonna be playable and enjoyble though, don't worry :)

Hansemann

Fledgling Freddie
I think my bandwith usage with wow peaked at 3kb/s (according to netlimiter) .. but could not scroll the graph so might have ben slightly higher.

Shanners

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers, what I wanted to hear, *hopefully* pvp won't be that big of a problem. I doubt i will be playing FB. Don't know how to get it - plus you need some sort of key?

Anyway, cheers for the reply's :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom