How does crafting quality work?

A

Arwen

When crafting, what are the chances of getting each quality? equal? 93-100?

A

Alrindel

For any item that a crafter can make that cons grey, that is the crafter's skill is 50 points higher than the skill required to make the item, there is a 2% chance to make a masterpiece, and a 16.3% chance to make between 94-99% quality. It's random. A 900 crafter has exactly the same chance to make a masterpiece on a 500 item as a 550 crafter.

Once a crafter goes over 1000 (Legendary), all items in his main skill are considered to be grey even if they are still yellow con.

If the crafter is under 1000, and the item is not grey, there's some sort of sliding scale in place - I don't think the exact formula is known. But as a general rule of thumb:

Orange items will come out 94-95% quality.
Yellow items will come out 94-97% quality.
Blue and green items will come out 94-99% quality.

I'm not honestly sure if it is possible to make a masterpiece if the item cons green or not. I have never done it.

O

old.LandShark

How can you post so much shite and still be a phnaargos resident? I'm not saying you or anyone should give a flying fadge about their post count, but damn... :p

D

Draylor

Alrindel is right about most of that.

For quality on non-grey items for crafter below 1000 skill:

Green: 99% is the 2% masterpiece chance, even chance on 94-98
Blue: 98% is the 2% masterpiece chance, even chance on 94-97
Yellow/Orange/Red: 97% is the 2% masterpiece chance, even chance on 94-96

K

Kobold

Originally posted by old.LandShark
How can you post so much shite and still be a phnaargos resident? I'm not saying you or anyone should give a flying fadge about their post count, but damn... :p

.....I like yoghurt, banana favour please :D

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by Draylor
Green: 99% is the 2% masterpiece chance, even chance on 94-98
Blue: 98% is the 2% masterpiece chance, even chance on 94-97
Yellow/Orange/Red: 97% is the 2% masterpiece chance, even chance on 94-96
Have you seen that confirmed somewhere by a Mythic dev? Or is that just speculation by the crafter community?

D

Draylor

Confirmed by Mythic - see DAOCtradeskills msg boards (link above by CrazyMuppet)

Patch notes regarding crafting are rarely 100% correct, the missed bits are revealed there quickly enough.

S

Sol-

Originally posted by old.LandShark

Allow me to explain.

Yog has currently spent all day spamming barrysworld to try and get his post count to "Talks too Much"...... currently on about 110 posts today.... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom