How do you hide your cables?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Getting sick and tired of having to look at all the cables behind my desk. Is there are creative/good looking way of hiding cables without using that plastic tubing(see below)?

cable-zipper-wire-management-system.jpg

Nate

FH is my second home
get loads of toilet paper cardboard, stick them together then paint them the colour of your background.

note - ensure shit hasn't been accidently placed on cardboard during retrieval of toilet paper.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I use the plastic tubing, never had a problem with it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I use Trunking like this.

Tendring-20111224-00035.jpg

Different shelves now the thin plastic did not work at all.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Flat cabling under the carpet, in the walls for everything else.

Running cables in the walls is a messy pain in the arse, but once it's done and you can't see a thing then it pays off. If you want to do it properly, you can put some sort of conduit in the wall so you can feed extra ones through.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Never been bothered by it, actually like cables, lights and all sorts of cyberpunky stuff around :p

They are behind my desk and the only cord i see is the extension cord though, the desk being against the wall and all.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
CorNokZ, how about binder clips? Cheap, effective.
computer-cord-manager.jpg

Flat cabling under the carpet, in the walls for everything else.

Running cables in the walls is a messy pain in the arse, but once it's done and you can't see a thing then it pays off. If you want to do it properly, you can put some sort of conduit in the wall so you can feed extra ones through.
Doing conduit channels is something I've got in mind, but I'm not confident about doing it myself. How do you go about cutting out the channel, securing in the trunking and plastering over?

gmloki

Part of the furniture
I have my PC Turned sideways on so all the cables are behind it. It's a pretty big case so it hides it all well

gohan

FH is my second home
I usually leave them on the bodies so they end up in the river or underground....... stop being so cheap

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom