How do you avoid 'teh strafe' ?

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
No, unfortunately this isn't a whine, sorry trolls. I notice alot of stealthers don't strafe in a fight they just stand still which is cool, but some strafe. Anyway my question is, how do you combat it? Ive tried starfeing in the opposite direction, in the same direction, faceing, sticking, manual facing and a combination of a few and even walking backwards to make them come for me, yet the best I ever come out with is managing to hit the target with a few unstyled hits, rarely do any styles land, and sometimes I dont even swing at them and they hit me, tis kinda frustrating.

So how do you combat it? Nothing seems to be working for me 100%.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Easiest way ive found so far is to move backwards at an angle.

ie backwards + left/right strafe.

You still get the occasional oov but no where near as bad as it is normally.
Only downside is this method only works in open area`s. It`s a bit hard to do it on the BM's for example.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Most Strafers hit you unstyled, i normaly walk backwards and Strafe to face them

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Walk backwards, stick and unstick constantly, sometimes works, sometime doesn't :eek:

Kettil Einherjer

Fledgling Freddie
i don't understand why people abuse it.. it can't even be fun winning when you know you win because of bug abusing or using cheats.. Zzz :m00:

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Kettil Einherjer said:
i don't understand why people abuse it.. it can't even be fun winning when you know you win because of bug abusing or using cheats.. Zzz :m00:
Strafing is not a cheat... but I guess you want Mythic to remove it anyways, and positional styles too!

Strafing is an option to everyone and its penalized by the game. If you strafe you might miss.
Strafing is badly coded. Thats why it gives out of view messages. It seems that the client doesnt send a real movement vector to the server but just something like "movement key down @ pos xx,yy" wich leads to the problem of the server esteemating wrong positions.
Mythic "just" has to fix its netcode. I mean strafing works in shooters too, doesnt it?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Groborthir said:
Roll a caster and nuke the bitches!
They'll do the same to you, only run through you to fail your casts, qc:s and MoCs.

Botond

Fledgling Freddie
dont stick and keep facebutton pressed :) only time i meet a mincer strafing,he got pwned this way :)

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
rly sad u tell noobs how to counter strafing if they are noobs they should die?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Z^^ said:

rly sad rl noobs need to ask these questions

oh... you missed the noob forum and clicked on Prydwen>RvR by mistake.

Cwini

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
I notice alot of stealthers don't strafe in a fight they just stand still which is cool, but some strafe. Anyway my question is, how do you combat it?

I straffe to get positionals off, and to upset my enemy.

Walk backwards .. works for me :)

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Z^^ said:

If your saying my noobish'ness comes from not know the games mechanics then you really have it wrong, I can guarantee you I know far more than you about this game.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
strafe is working for nuke ?
i want to learn how to strafe plz

remish tell me i m sure u know all ;<

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
strafe is working for nuke ?
i want to learn how to strafe plz

remish tell me i m sure u know all ;<

I think regarding the Caster thing is not strafeing but the other infamous 'run through'.

Im suprised you didnt know this, or are you just being sarcastic ? :p

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
Use a slow weapon and go unbuffed. You will attack that damn slow, that the target is in sight again. :D

Realy, that works. But therefore I never hit a running enemy with styles... :(

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:
or if u want random retard comments, ask Derric.

;d

Aww, don't be bitter because I stole your job, you can keep the right to retarded comments. :wub:

Gallak

Loyal Freddie
I really don't understand the view that strafing is cheating, 99% of defence is from the front and we have side and rear positional styles, we should be doing everything in our power to get through defence and perform those styles, if Mythic can't do proper network coding for this then its hardly the fault of those trying to use proper tactics in fights.

[Edit: I know the original poster doesn't think this, I'm just amazed that many people do]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom