how do we deal with screen draggers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
if a shadowblade vanishes and then screen drags to get away and goes flying up into the sky, is that abuse ?

Marc

FH is my second home
Ive been wondering about screen dragging. Has it been fixed or not? Only ive seen some really suspect actions in RvR recently, akin to the old old window dragging.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Ive been wondering about screen dragging. Has it been fixed or not? Only ive seen some really suspect actions in RvR recently, akin to the old old window dragging.

Havent really played the past month so dunno the current situation but i agree there are certainly suspect behaviour, but in my experience mostly from casters in sieges etc - they will come gliding over the ground (no animation etc) and shoot their dd's/bolts/whatever and when you retaliate they arent in range, in fact, 2 sec later they reappear where they started gliding. And no, its not standard lag when its the same person doing the exact same thing again and again. Some kind of abuse imo, dunno if its windowdraging or something else.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Fana said:
Havent really played the past month so dunno the current situation but i agree there are certainly suspect behaviour, but in my experience mostly from casters in sieges etc - they will come gliding over the ground (no animation etc) and shoot their dd's/bolts/whatever and when you retaliate they arent in range, in fact, 2 sec later they reappear where they started gliding. And no, its not standard lag when its the same person doing the exact same thing again and again. Some kind of abuse imo, dunno if its windowdraging or something else.

Aye I've seen the casting whilst 'gliding', animation as though they where stood still, always assumed it was lag but tbh when it happens again and again, I wouldnt be suprised if there was some sort of abuse going on.

Very sad if it is though.

Kais

Banned
Marc said:

that helme person is a serial user of it he should be banned imo.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
some ppl and guilds have always done it and will always do it til its fixed, like strafing. and dont say strafe takes skill... pleeeeeease. its bug abuse/exploiting plain and simple.

Marc

FH is my second home
Kais said:
that helme person is a serial user of it he should be banned imo.

i havent seen any suspect actions from mids tbh. Just a certin mid caster by the name of pwnjoo, who can somehow cast a lifetap without actually casting. He needs banning tbh :D

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
i havent seen any suspect actions from mids tbh. Just a certin mid caster by the name of pwnjoo, who can somehow cast a lifetap without actually casting. He needs banning tbh :D
pfft its just my insanly high and skilled castspeed

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
as in the words of every easyplay BD lifetapfortehwin my healers do the rest :flame:

and strafing well they still use it , it has never left

Kais

Banned
Marc said:

couldn't agree more ! ;)

Helme

Resident Freddy
gravedigger said:
as in the words of every easyplay BD lifetapfortehwin my healers do the rest :flame:
Come back when you tried playing a bonedancer in competive FG RvR, until then /dismiss.

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
Helme said:
Come back when you tried playing a bonedancer in competive FG RvR, until then /dismiss.

fyi m8 i did so go fish or whine on alb section ty

Helme

Resident Freddy
Then you must have played pretty poorly if you think bonedancer is just about insta lifetapping.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
dont forget that debuff..

As for window dragging, this fucks up tanks the most, i though it had been fixed, or well i never really looked into it much. It is sure a fucking pain when sum1 window drags off and u cant hit em, even if u stand still from were they started.

I would be much more concerned about warping 500 units than the window dragging though. seen that happen a few times for sure.

Arid|Disci

Fledgling Freddie
Helme said:
Then you must have played pretty poorly if you think bonedancer is just about insta lifetapping.

LAJFTAP LAJFTAP LAJFTAP

OMG bd : ma one button char of dh00m

Helme

Resident Freddy
vintervargen said:
have you? ;p
No I haven't, but I do know that theres more then instant lifetap to the class and it does require skill to use the class to its full potentional, which some people fail to see. You should know that its an easy class to play, but extremly hard to master.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's not always window dragging - even the slightest bit of lag will have you falling over the side of towers (target someone and face them in a tower as they try to cast - even if they're just running into cover they'll be in view)

of course if they only ever seem to warp like that when it's in their favour ;) and you never see them falling over the side of the wall getting nuked to bits before popping back up top then something's a bit suss ;)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
best way to deal with it is FH whine imo

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
dont care how hard it is to play, all insta interrupt shit is ridiculess

feel really dirty for using it on my banelord, since i hate it so much on my eld :p

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I like teleporting action, tbh

www.spinnenwald.de/videos/daoc/cheatzor.avi

and just for the record, the 2nd SM died and his bot got into the tower at ~15-20% health :( was a very cool fight though against him, just a pain I had to waste 2 instas +NW for Mr. Iliketowarparound. I think I just got lucky his shields went down, watch pet dmg near the deathblow.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:

and just for the record, the 2nd SM died and his bot got into the tower at ~15-20% health :( was a very cool fight though against him, just a pain I had to waste 2 instas +NW for Mr. Iliketowarparound. I think I just got lucky his shields went down, watch pet dmg near the deathblow.

It looked a bit strange but I dunno if it was caused by a 3rd party program. Could have been a mix between fraps and small server lag or something.

moik

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:

that just screams cheating , i would report this to rightnow if i were u

censi

Can't get enough of FH
that vid looks well dodgey to me. it didnt look like lag.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
it's not always window dragging - even the slightest bit of lag will have you falling over the side of towers (target someone and face them in a tower as they try to cast - even if they're just running into cover they'll be in view)

of course if they only ever seem to warp like that when it's in their favour ;) and you never see them falling over the side of the wall getting nuked to bits before popping back up top then something's a bit suss ;)

everytime ive been windowdragged and warped its been nowhere near a towerr ;)

some clarification if this is reportable as an offence or not would be nice ^^

and what proof is reqd. please.

Angsth

Fledgling Freddie
Windowdragging has been fixed... just checked it up myself. If you move window you just stand still in game, so that aint a good cheat tbh... I guess the accusers just got owned :)
oh.. .I did cheat on Championship Manager 92/93

liloe

It's my birthday today!
moik said:
that just screams cheating , i would report this to rightnow if i were u

oh but I did =))

to Angsth:

and no, as you can see I didn't get owned =) So it's not like I'm screaming cause I died =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom