How do ppl decide whos best of each class

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Was discussing with ppl today about best of classes and stuff and i wondered how ppl decide it.Do u take into account group/solo/duel/pve or just 1 aspect and do u just use ppl u see atm in emain or do u use ppl from ages ago or a mix?:). My reason for wondering is a lot of ppls best of choices are ppl that are fotm and active in emain at the time of best of thread so is it really valid or is it a who i like today kinda thing?:)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
It 's always totally subjective, as there's no way of really knowing who is the best in a particular class :)

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
they mostly take the one with the highest amount of RP or a good friend

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
to get it anywhere near fair you'd have to catagorise everything first which is impossible.

For a start most of the best players now are still competing with 'ghosts' people who quit the game years ago yet still get voted top because they were good at the time the game was new, now of cause the game has changed and those same people could be crap now but they still get voted top for the sake of it, you cannot compete with ghosts when people only remember the good times.

And then you have the issues of grouping and soloing or duoing etc, some classes and specs are better for each, some people can easily transition between the roles some can't.

That is why when theres a top best type thread I usually state at the start that my votes are based on the people I have encounted and fought with/against personally and considered to be a good challenge.

But to generalise broadly for the sake of having a real answer to the question, I usually judge it on people who play their class well, or make the most of their class, which is not always the person with the most rps *cough* ebay *cough*.

Prisma/Sniper

Fledgling Freddie
from experiences, rr7+ and be in the l33t guilds, else they dont even see u stand

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Its impossible to ever judge who is the best at any one class because there are simply too many variables to take into account.

e.g. do they play mostly as a soloer? are they buffed/unbuffed? what sort of gear do they wear/use? etc.

Classes are also constantly changing in this game, so you couldn't compare, lets say, a Scout from 2 years ago, to a Scout of today. But also, you couldn't compare todays ToA'ed Scout, with one of 6 months ago due to the huge benefits MLs and Artifacts have given.

RR is also meaningless when talking about someones skill as a player. Whose to say someone who plays only a couple of nights a week and is only RR3 or 4 isn't better than someone RR8 who just runs around in a fg all day long, semi-afk, while watching re-runs of Quincy.

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
The ghost players thing is very true, as is the changing game aspect.

I guess good players are just those who always do absolutely everything they can to win a fight, never make any errors and know exactly what they are doing. Of course you can also include other stuff like how good they are at making groups, keep/relic raiding, pve.... most people know who the good players are, picking the best from the good often just comes down to if you are friends with them or not :p

Dreggel

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on how you play your character as well imo.
Some play "suicide-mode" to create nice kill spams but die often.

Others maybe dont kill that many but live for hours. that is a sport as well :)

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
still sad because u didnt get award for best bm? :(

btw aluvian is bestest warden!

Wot-do

Fledgling Freddie
Of course higher RR helps, higher RR - more experience and technicaly u should play your char better, but its not everything I see alot rr8-rr10 players not playing their class good.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I keep saying this isnt about me lol.Like i said before odins ppl normally pick me and emain ppl pick emain bms but thats besides the point.I cant be best bm cus im not best in groupes even tho i can solo and vice versa for ppl like storm/ojaas.IMO the best of a class has to be good at all aspects not just 1:p

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
I decide who i teh best in each class. Cougar is good Savage, but best at one-liners. Soru is good norse but good at propaganda. Domain is good Eldritch, but Garba is better. Krane Sooox. Medde use radar. mmm QS is da best Friar. Alpha once joined us in Group. Outlaw is the ultimate theurgist. Greg is the da bomb Pallydin, but regtur (im scared to say has skillz given from God). Grymulv has /rpfilter changed Lunabel's name to GOD in-game. Herbal is good healer, but a very mixed up kid. Fluid got a bigmouth. Aussie is scared of emain, Konah got mood issues, but is good at training up mercs. The ultimate warrior and saviour of Albion is Zoyster. Just waiting for Mythic to make it official that I am the king. Ps. Magmatic soox.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
the Best would mean uve reached the end of all possibilities which ur char can give. And its hard maybe impossible 2 reach the end of ur possibilities everytime when u playin ur char. 2day u can be the Best Deathspam Generator and tommorow u can get fucked.
so imo there isnt the Best, everybody can be the best of his class when all aspects comes 2gether.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Clipse said:
I decide who i teh best in each class. Cougar is good Savage, but best at one-liners. Soru is good norse but good at propaganda. Domain is good Eldritch, but Garba is better. Krane Sooox. Medde use radar. mmm QS is da best Friar. Alpha once joined us in Group. Outlaw is the ultimate theurgist. Greg is the da bomb Pallydin, but regtur (im scared to say has skillz given from God). Grymulv has /rpfilter changed Lunabel's name to GOD in-game. Herbal is good healer, but a very mixed up kid. Fluid got a bigmouth. Aussie is scared of emain, Konah got mood issues, but is good at training up mercs. The ultimate warrior and saviour of Albion is Zoyster. Just waiting for Mythic to make it official that I am the king. Ps. Magmatic soox.

wub you too zoy!

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
im cutest svg fluid :(
have to agree with lethul
i can never get myself to even try kill mumin coz he's just so cute!
makes me just want to spam /hug at him.. but then he kills me in .0001 seconds :(

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Sure can't be rp's. As I know atleast 4 Thane's with more rp's than me, that can't even compare skillwise.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
etcetra said:
Sure can't be rp's. As I know atleast 4 Thane's with more rp's than me, that can't even compare skillwise.

You're not putting me into those 4? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom