How do I run Tribes 2 in OpenGL, in Windows XP?

O

old.Dannyboy81

Hello, I have a quite simple question. How do I run Tribes 2 in OpenGL, in Windows XP? I tried running the OpenGL setup but it says it's only for Win9.x :( Help anyone?

O

old.caz

lo mate

1st off what graphics card u using cus if its Ge-Force based then T2 will be running in Open-GL any ways. You my need to get the lastest drivers for your card you can find them here :http://www.nvidia.com/

If its a voodoo or something then it will be Glide etc and u wont be able to really run Open-GL that well (i think)

hope that helps

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

What he said ^

XP doesnt need GL Setup ran on it. (as far as i know)

If you have a voodoo card you might want to do a search for Metabytes - Wicked GL. That was the only way to reliably get voodoo cards working with T2.

To be honest if your still on a 3dfx card - you need an upgrade.

O

old.Dannyboy81

Oops...:) Feel like a bit of a neewbie here:) thanks though, got a geforce 2 gts, guess it's already running in OpenGL:)
Thanks for not flaming me for a daft question like that *cough cough CS community* ;)

O

old.caz

np mate :)

depending on your spec of PC u will need to tweak the in game settings to get the best result of looks and FPS

B

bob007

I amrunning XP with a GF2 card an played with the game graphics settings an get fps of 40 - 60 outside an 90 - 110+ inside

But i do long for a gf3 so i can turn them ALL up to max an see what it looks like then but for now it looks ok an is very playable

Best thing is either use the fps command in the console (can't remember it atm sry ) or get fps hud an just play about with the setting.

Use empty servers to adjust it at begining then move to populated ones an play somemore, you will find the right settings an game will feel an play a lot better.

hehe edited twice going for a record :p

try here for fps hud :-

http://www.tribes2scripts.com/t2s/t...6a42007a5956/c3737284d092695786256a46007eadba!OpenDocument

C

Custy

/me strokes GF3, Full details (except shadows are off because they look shabby) Quincunx FSAA and never drops below 60 fps :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom