How do i Record Movie's?

V

viruz_bs

How do i record a movie ingame ? , I really would like to try make a movie of myself getting ganked lol :D

T

thegreatest

I know one thing for sure you wont be able to do that for the next 48 hours and if your email is not up to date for the next month..Now about your question:

Get Tv-Out card, connect your pc with your tv. Play daoc on your tv screen and record it with a vhs-recorder. Now record the movie on your vhs tape back to your pc (dont know what kind of card you need for this). Also there is a way it can be done with 2 pc's and a capture card... Now I can be a bit wrong...dont blame me if your pc explodes or smthing, blame goa pls :/

X

xcpt

i find it so stupid u cant record demos on daoc omfg

C

cHodAX

Items needed :

Camcorder, TV capture card, sex underwear and your best mates wife.

Filming :

Feel free to be creative but none of that scat filth

Ftp the video in Divx format to ftp://101.101.101.101

I will happily host the file so everyone on BW can see your little adventures :p

B

Bleeker

try fraps

unfortunatly you will have to pay to get lastest version but if you are very keen on making a movie it could be worth it...

M

Monkee*

tis a bit extreme just to make a daoc vid aint it? :)

B

Bleeker

most pppl that record movies uses fraps because apparantly its best (never tried ..yet ;p)

B

Breni

Equipment required:

Video card with S-Video out
Either VHS Recorder with S-Video input, or;
VHS Recorder with SCART input and S-Video to SCART converter
S-Video cable
Video capture card with S-Video input
VHS Tapes
Capture/Editing software

Plug one end of thethe S-Video cable into the SV-Out port of your VGA card, and the other into the SCART adapter.

Connect the SCART adapter to the AV-In port of the VHS Recorder.

Insert VHS tape and press Record on the VHS Recorder

Play Camelot (resolution may vary according to capture card)

Stop Recorder

Switch SCART converter to AV-Out

Switch S-Video out on VGA card to S-Video in on capture card

Open capturing software and set up a capture session

Rewind VHS tape and press Play

Job done!

AFAIK fraps takes a shitload of processing power to run in the background of Camelot. I prefer the above method as it gives good results.

K

kallora

Thats basically how I make my movies. I wrote it all up on the "Making of" page linked off the video site in my sig...

I tried Fraps but its crap. Free version only capture 640x480 and you can't play Daoc in that res, the game won't allow it so you only capture the top right of the screen... doh!

It also generates HUGE file sizes... for example the newest movei I made last weekend is a distillation of 2.5 hours play down to 4.5 minutes... I taped all 2.5 hours then played back the "interesting" bits and vidcapped them...

In the video editor I topped and tailed these even more to concnetrate on the action and the bits than link the action. This is why my movies are 18-24-32 MB long instead of some of this frankly ludicrous movies being posted on camelot valut that are 120 MB for 5 minutes of some uber 1337 d00d ganking people in RvR... (yawn)

I guess my movies are a labour of love to try to tell a story or be entertaining, not to show off how uber I am in the game... however the latest Kallora movie is heading that way... ;)

Z

zoia

Originally posted by [TP]Starflame
try fraps

unfortunatly you will have to pay to get lastest version but if you are very keen on making a movie it could be worth it...
I tried it after seeing Belomar's movie. Works well, decent quality too.
Too bad i have to run the game in 1024x768 or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom