How do i play Generals Online with GAME.NET???????????

U

ultra_charge

ive been looking over the site, but i cant find generals listed anywere, can anybody help me as i got GAME.NET mainly to play generals online with due to the crappynes of the online system whitch comes with the game. if anybody could tell me and also let me know were i can go to check out clans if there are any already set up for generals. thanks

N

nylex23

I thought Westwood Online was the only way to play C&C games online :/.

T

tris-

EA pacific now and whats crappy about it? you see the room names and the ranks of the players who are in there, the ping, the map etc. what else do you need to know?

U

ultra_charge

how many times have played generals online???? its laggy with EA, the bugs are extreme witht the online script and the only reason people have ranks the way they do is bacause most of them use the miss match cheat, witch is incredibully frustrating as as soonas your about o win, PLAYER MISS MATCH, and in game stores, if u buy generals with this package it only costs £15 as they say u can use this with it online!!!! and so i was just wondering how u play generals online with this package, and befor i get flamed with people saying its my connectino witch is laggy i have a 20mb fibre optic connection to use as i work and live next door to an ISP!!!

T

tris-

i played it online every night for about 3 weeks and i only ever seen the mismatch bug once and ive never had any lag in the UK lobby

U

ultra_charge

i ply it online almost every night as well and u must be one of the very few people who doesnt get almost no problems, the only time i dont get a problem is when i play online my freinds online and even then i get the fatal error every so often and i know its nothing to do with my PC's as everything is way aboev all of the specs and i also do virus scans all the time. all want to know is how i use GAME.net with Generals, as they stated in store when i bought this that it was compatible with it, now does anybody know how to do this?????

U

ultra_charge

Thanks mate i will try this out, do u use Generals with GAME.net, i am still using generals online as well, as i dout there are many users on here using GAME.net with generals yet, plus all my freinds are on Generrals online still, they elected me to try this out, lol, but if u want to met up for a game in generals online some time then let me know your name and ill see u in there, im on most evenings at about 7:30 onwards, so let me know ok.
Cheers, bye

U

ultra_charge

were abouts on there is there information regarding generals? i have been looking through all of the forums there, but i cant find anything regarding C&C Generals, if u know can u tell me which one is the correct one? thanks

A

adams901

generals is a peer to peer game, this means there are no dedicated servers on any gaming services.

There are matchmakers, but to my knowlege this is only accessable via the ingame online option. Matchmaker software allows gamers to meet up and create their own games, the host of the game (person who created the room) uses their computer as the server.

D

Deadmanwalking

Read the above post by batt.... adams901

Users who are viewing this thread