How difficult are task dungeons in 1.81b?

S

Shatari

This is what the 1.81b note tells

- Kill task dungeons from level 11-50 have had associated monsters reduced in level. This change slightly reduces the overall difficulty of those dungeons.

I've been told from a friend of mine that still plays Gareth/US, that the mobs for lower levels are slightly reduced in difficulty between level 1-11 where they con blue, at 12-30 they con low yellow. While these changes seem good, I'd also been told that from 31+ there's no really noticable change from before 1.81b and now in 1.81b when it comes to how difficult the mobs are :(

Can any here confirm it or come with some valuable information concerning this subject?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
They start blue in the lowest level from release.

I think they get about a level or so lower at higher levels. I think so that they are consistantly 1 level below or something.

Darzil

S

Shatari

Darzil said:
They start blue in the lowest level from release.

I think they get about a level or so lower at higher levels. I think so that they are consistantly 1 level below or something.

Darzil

So, in other words there's no real changes...

thanks, was just what I needed to have confirmed

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
The mobs aren't really very tricky anyway, so it doesn't matter too much.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
People were complaining that task dungeons could be too hard in some circumstances (mainly for solo casters).
Personally I'd rather they fixed the pathing bugs first. Fed up of having to bodypull with my theurg in some rooms of the 41-50 dungeon cos I know that the mob will warp to somewhere out of LoS if I don't.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
And for crying out loud, make the damn dungeons bigger. So much fun when playing something like Bonedancer. When healer pets get agro, they run into the walls, and you're screwed unless you put pets on passive for a while. Thats just one of the main downsides.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
DavidH said:
And for crying out loud, make the damn dungeons bigger. So much fun when playing something like Bonedancer. When healer pets get agro, they run into the walls, and you're screwed unless you put pets on passive for a while. Thats just one of the main downsides.

You deserve it for playing a bd xDD

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i think the instanecs should scale upwards in size depending on how many is in the group. Its not too great when 8 of you are squeezed into a tiny passage (gangbangorama) and you cant target anything in front because of the greater necro servant blocking your view or the big halfogre polearmsman obscuring everything in front. (or troll or firby)

Anywho what was i talking about again ?

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
DavidH said:

i solod my bd 1-50 in task dungeons, and if healer pets warp through walls and get aggro it dosent matter as u are an overpowered bd and can solo 4/5 mobs :p

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
chretien said:
People were complaining that task dungeons could be too hard in some circumstances (mainly for solo casters).
Personally I'd rather they fixed the pathing bugs first. Fed up of having to bodypull with my theurg in some rooms of the 41-50 dungeon cos I know that the mob will warp to somewhere out of LoS if I don't.
Yeah its really anoying for casters. You cast 1 spell and the mob walks through a wall otw to you and you will only get 1 spell off. If not you just get "you cant se your target" even when your in like 500 range on a open area in the TDs.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Wazkyr said:
Yeah its really anoying for casters. You cast 1 spell and the mob walks through a wall otw to you and you will only get 1 spell off. If not you just get "you cant se your target" even when your in like 500 range on a open area in the TDs.

I just said no to task dungeons with ranged classes. Pet classes are fine, but with range, there are a lot better places outside. Loved Deadlands/Lower Crypt/Underground Forest with my Fire Wiz from 30+. Loved Roman Aqueducts with my scout 1-24.

Instance dungeons can also be horrible with casters. Seems to be related to the way they are built up. You can see lines across the floors where 'sections' meet. I find you can always cast from one section to the next one, but very rarely across two of those lines. (Certainly true in most of the task dungeons and in Mithra instances)

Darzil

Bahumat

FH is my second home
getting lvl 5 on my cabalist was a bastard cause the lifetap+dot sucked, glad they were blue cons as yellows would be impossible.

even when you pick the long corridoors you end up with a mob near the top of some steps so you get LOS issues.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
getting lvl 5 on my cabalist was a bastard cause the lifetap+dot sucked, glad they were blue cons as yellows would be impossible.

even when you pick the long corridoors you end up with a mob near the top of some steps so you get LOS issues.

1-5 on Mage is teh suck :m00:

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
1-5 on Mage is teh suck :m00:

it will take 45mins with the starter quests, and you'll end up having good equipment to start out with as well ;)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
it will take 45mins with the starter quests, and you'll end up having good equipment to start out with as well ;)

Starter quests and Catacombs quests are awesome for casters (and healers even more so).

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:

I cba doing that questing crap .. i just spec points , took 15 mins 1 - 5 on my last ickle mage ( who is now a Whorelock)

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I find TDs ok solo but you get four of more people in a group and you may as well try solo legion at level 1. All the mobs con up to anything as high as purple, then when you pull they all add and you can't even kite.

Good solo but really need some looking at when they're used by groups - unless you're a fotm tank grp you just can't do 'em :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom