how did you first spec on swg?

R

Rei-Ki

i've been trying to work out how to spec when i start playing. tis quite hard as i've not played on the US servers and dont know wots gonna benefit me in early game/help me to progress...

i've come to the conclusion that if i just go novice artisan, marksman, medic and scout i can decide wot i wanna be once i start playing the game rather that trying to think of a final template and working toward that.

any opinions?

S

SilverHood

dont bother with a "final" template until you need the last points

just get the skills you use, and go from there.

This isn't daoc where a 50 thrust, 43CS 37 stealth, 37 envenom 39 DW template is the uber, and everything else is inferior.

I played for a month solid, and still had points spare at the end!

R

rynnor

Maybe start as an artisan for all the usefull tools and then buy scout + marksman - earn some cash running missions buy a better weapon and/or armour then go explore whilst chatting to folk about what they do and go from there...

E

Ebonn

Started off as artisan since they get crafting/survey tools to start with, then got all of the other novice professions as soon as i could afford them, then dropped them slowly when i needed more points.

P

punj

tbh you can pick up a crafting tool and a survey tool from a noob artisan cheap,then start thinking about building your own tools.
doesn't take long to do and doesn't cost alot and you'll benefit xpwise in the end.
if your a noob it saves you fannying about with migrating stats at the start when you don't know what they mean :)

EDIT: give SWG smilies on BW plz

A

azvero

There is not one optimal spec. i rather not take to much novice skills because it eats a lot of skill points without really getting you into the good stuff most elite proffesions offer.

just make sure you get some scouting and terrain negotiating and you can barely go wrong fro that point :)

BtwI specced as master musician with marksman ( rifle tree), novice sharpshooter going for 2 - 4 - 0- 4 I think.
and maybe master entertainer for a funny mandviol :) else ill go master sharpshooter..( to give a reply to the post)

G

granny

To begin with I specced marksman and artisan - I wanted to be a Droid Engineer. Then I discovered that DE's were broken and I was finding the artisan really boring so I went pistoleer, scout and creature handler. Love it, nice mix :)

O

old.Cordain

I started as a brawler, got all the novice skills and started working on becoming a BH.
Now im TKA/Smuggler/Doc =)

I really recommend taking every novice skill at the beginning because you can get the points back when you need them on something else.

O

old.Richius

My Spec

Marksman: 4 4 4 4
If you want to kill something you will need this skill.
- Carbineer: 0 0 1 0
Scout:
- 4 0 4 4

Why scout?
- Faster movement in "Rough terrain",
- Getting money from harvesting my kills
- Survival for faster healing when soloing.

Artisan: 4 0 2 3
and
Weapon Smith:

I don't know why I got Artisan/Weaponsmithing but it's fun so I will keep them for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom