How could one complain....

O

old.Tohtori

Ok i know i'm a low level, perhaps because of the 500 frenzy on the posting..*cough*...that struck me as a wee-little-wittle poster long ago.

Most likely it's 'cause i tried evey char/class combo up to 10 before finally settling with one. I spent a good 6 months, yes, half a year of playing, fooling around, scitty-scatty, trying albs, hibs, back to mid, pryd/mid, back to exc/mid and now..finally started...like Sickofit...(tm) would say "TEH eXping frenzy!!"

Level 14 berserker, soloing yellows/oranges (maybe even occasional red! huzzah!), one level takes less then 40 mins if even 20 in a good spot and i hear people complaining about slow exping in the below-20 levels....i mean....what is wrong with people? Too much Diablo? Attention spawn of a mongoose in heat? I don't know if i'll start my whining in the late 30's but...don't think so... but below 20? Come on, in the time one exits(with one comp) DaoC, writes a whine and get back to play they could get atleast half a level if not more.

Tell me i'm wrong but...people are silly. *waits for Sickofit...(tm) or Gombur*

S

SFXman

Hmm, below 20's can be done in such a small time you wont even notice the levels go by...
Same goes with the 20's and even 30's up to around 35 or so. It's all about attitude, a good attitude and generally a laid back DAoC life makes it all immensly easier.
Yesterday I dinged 38-40 and it felt like nothing, I had so much fun :)
Diablo levels are indeed easy to gain :)
(Diablo vet talking here :))
EDIT:
But hey I have had the thing that I am very very casual. Been here since beta and just yesterday got my first L40 character, this is due to me enjoying the small things etc.
It is not a race :)
I also think people wear out their interest in the game by PL'ing like mad, just my opinion. The game is beginning to open up for me in a totally new way now that I hit 40. Even before this I have enjoyed the game immensly... for all this time! I think I will be around for as long as I was in UO :)

F

Fafnir

And depends on if you find the right mobs. Weeping willows are not, i repet not the right mobs for my staffblade, since the aggro ass soon as i backstabb one. :( Died 5 times in 30 min from thoose EVIL, yes i say EVIL mobs...

S

SFXman

Us albs have those lovely grove nymphs in Salibury Plains that will get you from somewhere around L10 to almost L20 in absolutely no time. Good exp and easy (my paladin soloed orange and red ones with body pulls) to kill.... what more can you ask for. Then later levels with have those ever-so-lovely pygmy goblins and what I hunt now being the pygmy goblin tanglers. Love it.

O

old.Tohtori

Played D2? And what name? :p

I found that willows are so "multi" leveled that with my bers i can go from level, say 12 to 18 alone. Before that, the spirits and decaying trolls from 10-12. It's rather nice to find a good spot but when you get "JOIN GRP PLZ PLZ!!" from a level 10(average) group when you're trying to chop those trees you can get a bit...how to say... "Assholic" towards them :D

D

Danya

I was sat soloing batam spectres with my mentalist and got offered a space in a group there, I had to wonder why they asked given, they were all green/blue to me and the mobs were yellow to me... That's probably why people moan, they form a group them hunt the wrong mobs and then wonder why the xp is crap. ;)

O

old.Tohtori

Totally off-topic here...hehe...afterall i am who i am....

NEW AVATAR!! Scary as hell don't ya think? :p

O

old.Gombur Glodson

/em beats the Toto seel to death with his club

O

old.Tohtori

It made you smile Gombur...admit it. :p

O

old.Gombur Glodson

"sigh"
You see Tito, I cant smile anymore being the dark person I now am, even my voice is beginning to get deeper and more demonic.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Hmmm... you should defect to Pryd/Hib, Toto.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
I have a hero on pryd/hib.

I don't believe you for a moment here. You are Glombur Gobsbone, the minstrel. Twying to fool your master! HA!

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Played D2? And what name? :p
Guild was tBoH which has been around for "a while". Names always SFX[enter end]... well something like that. For example SFrenzyX and this kind of stuff...

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

SFrenzyX?

Ehehe... yer really not very creative with names, are you?;)

O

old.Gombur Glodson

I would like to buy a vowel! Ok sod it I shall take it with sheer force
/em kills the vowel selling guy and takes all the vowels
Here SFX now you can put together a nice name.

D

Danya

/me steals Gombur's vowels...
You are now Gmbr Gldstn :D

S

SFXman

Originally posted by sickofit...
SFrenzyX?

Ehehe... yer really not very creative with names, are you?;)
Depended on class :p
It took creativity to fit a word in one of those letters to relate to the class.
I also had SpearFX etc...

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by SFXman
Us albs have those lovely grove nymphs in Salibury Plains that will get you from somewhere around L10 to almost L20 in absolutely no time. Good exp and easy (my paladin soloed orange and red ones with body pulls) to kill.... what more can you ask for. Then later levels with have those ever-so-lovely pygmy goblins and what I hunt now being the pygmy goblin tanglers. Love it.

not any pally can do that, you are using "Teh!1 T3mplat3 (tm)" :p

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Octanion
Perhaps so. My friar pretty much rocks too... spent an hour or two farming some emerald seals in DF and in the end I had 106 of them. Got my jewel, belt and necklace :)
Took on 1-3 blue con Avernal Quasits at one time :D
I just love my friar.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by SFXman

*shudders* pygmys are teh boring!!!111

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Octanion

you actually mean "my pally can't"
unless, ofcourse, you're being backed up by an Armsman :p

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Soulcatcher
you actually mean "my pally can't"
unless, ofcourse, you're being backed up by an Armsman :p
Well all that matters is that mine can! Buwhwhahwahwahwahwaaaaaa

F

Flimgoblin

I've been finding that levels you've done before are easy :)

when Fing was level 21 - it was a nightmare
when fing was level 30 it took ages

when fing was level 38 my god what a horrible level

now Fing is 41 - it's sooo slow :)

When Ererim was 21 - it didn't take long
When he hit 30, he went to clerks, breezed through it
Level 37 was a doddle, 38 is flying past...

Probably just me though ;)

S

SFXman

That is so true! Except one difference in my case was that with my friar the levels 36-40 went by FAST even though it was the first I did them with any character. Part of the reason is that I enjoy the class immensly and another which especially made it easy at levels 38-40 was that I acted as a healer for the group, the catch was that the group in each level there was so good that I barely ever had to heal :)
I was thus able to do other things at the same time, like watch TV since it is right next to me and this made the levels fly by.

O

old.Xarr

When you've been through level 54 in EverQuest everything seems to speed by. Jeebus that level was slow.

Never again! ~:D

Oh and what SFX said. Having a tv next to you really helps!

S

SFXman

Well I wouldn't call reaching GM smith status in Ultima Online a blast. Don't know how it is these days but some time back...

F

Flimgoblin

these days it's 'set up macro' 'leave computer on for a couple of days' or have I been just hearing bad press? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom