How come..

D

drowin

We dont just have one great big alliance?

my appologies if this question is asked frequently, but i just cant seem to get my head around it.

Surely it would be a great benefit?

O

old.LandShark

Problem with giant alliances..
Is that the AS is unusable :>
Plus this majorly encourages zerging - people that don't wish to run around 4fg zerg will have problems doing so when they log on and /as is spammed with "<x> LFG emain"...

O

old.Ramas

And of top of all the above, 'one-big-alliance' tm offers no obvious benefit.

There are already plenty of channels through which regular rvr players can communicate and organise.

PS. Albion United was an alliance with almost every major guild on the server in it. /as quicky degeneranted into a discussion about bananas. When /as wasn't discussing bananas people were trying to arrange things that would have been much better handled through an offline, asynchronous message board.

If you want to get in touch with guilds in game to organsie something, use /who <name of guild> and pick out a level 50, who will be able to direct you to the appropriate person to speak to.

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by drowin
We dont just have one great big alliance?

my appologies if this question is asked frequently, but i just cant seem to get my head around it.

Surely it would be a great benefit?

huge disagreement on spam

lots of guilds don't like other guilds

and lots of us like to talk to other guilds via alliance chat

But other guilds despise it when people talk on alliance chat

There would be too much disagreement about what's spam and not.

D

drowin

Hmmm

I see your point about /as

didnt think about that :/

Just frustraits me that we can never seem to muster defenders or attackers when it matters

O

old.LandShark

We can't?
We did when we had relics, mate, but atm - fuck it, let em have the keeps :rolleyes:

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by drowin
Hmmm

I see your point about /as

didnt think about that :/

Just frustraits me that we can never seem to muster defenders or attackers when it matters

all ya gotta do is do /who 50

/send random lvl 50: Hey mate, relic raid on midgard tomarrow night at 20:00 gmt, ask your guild to come

/send another lvl 50: Hey mate, relic raid on midgard tomarrow night at 20:00 gmt, ask your guild to come

etc etc

S

Silenzio

ther was a big alliance ...

once upon a time....

ops

R

Rollie_David

wierd how FoM and AB alliance can run a LARGE alliance perfectly well with strict rules on /as chat but here in alb people say it just isnt possible. At least i know thats nothing mythic has done and is down to the people.

L

Luv_Bunny

the horror of one big alliance:
constant spam concerning emain status

nothing really good came out of it

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Trinilim
all ya gotta do is do /who 50

/send random lvl 50: Hey mate, relic raid on midgard tomarrow night at 20:00 gmt, ask your guild to come

/send another lvl 50: Hey mate, relic raid on midgard tomarrow night at 20:00 gmt, ask your guild to come

etc etc

:ROFLMAO:

:great:

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by old.LandShark
:ROFLMAO:

:great:

believe it or not it works.

I remember back when the mids did that night relic raid on us, 2 people knew about it and messaged every level 40+ in albion to come help

All of us were there in 5 minutes :)

S

silvertrek

The problem with one big alliance would be ...

It would have GoL in it, and believe me, no-one wants GoL in your alliance!

T

Trinilim

Re: The problem with one big alliance would be ...

Originally posted by silvertrek

It would GoL in it, and believe me, no-one wants GoL in your alliance!

Hijacker! Get out of this thread! It's not a flame thread!

T

talen_sun

Originally posted by Strapon Sally
wierd how FoM and AB alliance can run a LARGE alliance perfectly well with strict rules on /as chat but here in alb people say it just isnt possible.

Thats cause the majority of Excal Albs are a bunch of f***wits, idots, griefers and twats.

The few decent ones organise alsorts of stuff for loads of people, but get whined at by the majority regardless of success or failure.

Having played on Alb/Excal for nearly (oh god!) 15 months, I have met many more idiots than anything else, so you learn to ignore them. Just like real life really.

And those who are decent (you know who you are), fair play to you, and keep up the good work!!

O

old.Filip

ehmmm this is some joke rigth ??

i enjoy the HB/GOL/BF alliance tbh ... even though i has to admit i was a bit uncertain when we startet it ...

ofcause all of us has some special type ... coufh ... trying not to mention names .. :)

But if the alliance somehow broke up no1 should be afraid of doing an alliance with GOL ...

just tie outlaws hands on alliance pve raids .... and mute him if he utters 1 word ... then all will be fine :p

Filip
GM of HB

B

bob007

Ahhh AU ohhh the memories.

musicband.gif

dance.gif
dance2.gif
<---- AU the early days...............

spam.gif
chatter.gif
spam.gif
<------- AU the middle of its short time...

repuke.gif
2up.gif
explode.gif
<---- Au the end............

:)

A

Aussie-

Re: The problem with one big alliance would be ...

like 5% of GoL has /as access.

D

Danya

AFAIK you can only have 20 guilds in an alliance anyway.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Trinilim
believe it or not it works.

I remember back when the mids did that night relic raid on us, 2 people knew about it and messaged every level 40+ in albion to come help

All of us were there in 5 minutes :)

I'm not denying it works for getting a defensive zerg, but has any success relic RAID, by albs, actually been organised like that? :p

k, Mr. Anon, I was pretty worried GoL would be gimps when they join our alliance, but some of the best RvR I've ever had has been in mostly-GoL groups, and they are far from inconsiderate about using /as.... makes me wonder why I ever thought badly of em, or at least of their more senior members :p

O

old.Ramas

What bob007 said.

Also,

wierd how FoM and AB alliance can run a LARGE alliance perfectly well with strict rules on /as chat

Yeah, great and all, but why bother?

Seriously, what advantage does it give?

Alliance that big is a realm wide chat channel, nothing else.

Relic defence works just fine by...

Alliance A spots incoming raid
Leader of alliance A knows leaders of alliances B through Z, PMs them.
Everyone now aware.

The fact that this works fine is why alb relics don't get taken during normal hours. Ever. The alb response to any normal hour raid has on every recentish occaision, crashed the server. We cannot possibly defend the relic any better than by crashing the server (thereby vapourising all enemy rams, auto-repairing the door, and having uber guards own every enemy as they log in one at a time :) ).

Relic raids are better organised on private message boards or through pms in game.

Absolutely any other activity is not something that everyone in game needs to see spam about.

:)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

I have no problems at all with GoL in the alliance or /as spamming. It is simply not done.

Then again, people play this game for different reasons. Some alliance are targeted at rvr, some are targeted at pve, or a combination of both. Different rules with regards to /as usage.
This game is played by people who are 12 years old, and people who age 30+, big difference in attitude.

Albion has the less serious players in it, Midgard has the anal retentive players, those that insist on being elite and uber, etc.
And Hibernia used to be uber but no hide somewhere inside Hibernia (ya, they came to play today in Emain!).

I guess joking is not allowed in Midgard, let alone /as...
Regards, Glottis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom