How are YOU gonna spend Patch Day ?

G

gengi

Can't play from early in the morning, not sure when your server will be up, what you gonna do ?

Here is my patch day.

Get up at 11 pm the night before patching (Tuesday), go to work at midnight, post meaningless drivel on BW, do some work if I have to. 10:30(ish) go get a shit shave shower and shampoo, pack my bag and come back to work. Wait till the helicopter is announced and then begin grinning like a Cheshire Cat. Take a helicopter ride to Osubi Airport, Warri, at about this time the patch server should be coming back up, it will be about lunchtime. on arrival at Osubi, drink beer, wait for the plane to Lagos, drink more beer. Fly up to Lagos, go to Muhammad Murtala International Airport and Drink more beer, after having waited around outside for 2 hours for my passport, which has been away getting a new Visa. At this time early evening, the game servers should be up and there will be a /level frenzy. Make my way through the immigration and security checks, avoiding giving any dash to the greedy corrupt officials, go to the bar in the airport and meet some other people from other Rigs and drink more beer. Stagger towards the gate, board the plane, find my seat, get out the blanket, pull it over me, do up the seatbelt and crash, I have at this oint been up for a day and had a few beers. Sleep my way to Schipol, disembark the plane find the nearest cafe get a cup of coffee and find the headache tablets. hang around in Schipol for a couple of hours, take the last flight of the trip home. Arrive home and patch.

Later

T

tildson

Meeting past lunch, hopefully the patch will be up by 3cet. Will play to 6-7CET, then ive promised a friend to go out and have some beers ( 1,62 > beers ;) ) and we usually end up pretty drunk so ill probably spend my thursday with 1,62 and a hopefully gentle hangover.

What ill be looking forward to:

- LA-nerf, haha where did that nerf come from? ;)
- SH-nerf, oh im r1 and im gonna respec SH away because its not uber anymore. My SH, my BB, my LA, my oh my :)
- Chanter-changes, melee-debuff will be interesting, i wonder when they will nerf this class so i can respec light ;)
- Single Respec stones, with FA3 on my ranger(praise the lord of the lag), no BAOD on my almost r8 chanter :) and respeccing 50bow will make many trips to galla/HoD necessary.
- Overcap, will be fun seeing what my stats will be like
- My new Galla-bow design! I hope it is nice, else i will QQ
- All the QQ'ing at IRC & BW about the nerfing etc osv bla.
- Waiting ATLEAST 3-4h before patching is done by schedule ;)

Good night and hope it'll be a fun and more balancing patch!

T

The Kingpin

Doing what i usally do, as i don't play daoc :D

X

xplo

-Wake up at 13.00 and shower.
-Eat at my pc while I check forums.
-After eating, pack my bag and go to the beach.
-At the beach: read magazine, check the chicks, swim in the water.
-Around 17.00 go back home, again take a shower.
-After showering, play daoc. ;)

J

Jonaldo

I'll get up when I feel like it, then do what I want.

V

Vaire

are they almost patching???? *drinks another mug of coffee*

L

living

ahh.. ill just bugger of to school... about now

C

Cush

Work.... then hopefully dl the patch when i come home (praying to get above 5 k/sec dl)

O

old.Belorfyn

At work.. I keep checking the www.camelot-europe.com and forums about every 30 seconds though :)
Anyway, when I see some servers starting to come up, think I'll run home and fast :)

L

Lambsbreed

I'll be at work until 3PM so i think i'll be fine :p

G

Gewny

work :(
All the day to 17:00 (CET) I hope they will be rdy when I get home.

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Gewny
work :(
All the day to 17:00 (CET) I hope they will be rdy when I get home.

same, sucks #&#%. now i atleast want a tasty /level 30 waiting for me when i get home!

S

svartmetall

Get up hideously early (i.e. before noon), go to work, think about playing DAOC all day in work, grumble about the appalling heat all the way home, download patch, play till my eyeballs rupture.

T

Tharion

Originally posted by cougar-
same, sucks #&#%. now i atleast want a tasty /level 30 waiting for me when i get home!

Thought they only gave /level 20 on the servers

Will be at work also to 16:00 cet, then patch and play :)

C

Cush

Originally posted by cougar-

To bad you only can do /level 20 then ^^

Nerf Tharion beating me to it :(

U

Urme the Legend

Work to 16:00cet.. during "worktime" I will browse forums etc and read the patch notes carefully ;)

Then home ordering pizza and play daoc ;)

O

old.Belorfyn

Originally posted by svartmetall
Get up hideously early (i.e. before noon), go to work, think about playing DAOC all day in work, grumble about the appalling heat all the way home, download patch, play till my eyeballs rupture.

That sounds pretty much like me.

Hey! They've put the servers down now :)
Hope they don't come up for another 4 hours or so :)

Patch days should be declared as national holidays by law.

C

cougar-

Originally posted by svartmetall

haha, so true :clap:

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Cush
To bad you only can do /level 20 then ^^

Nerf Tharion beating me to it :(

i know, but maybe!!!!11 they give us it today

S

Sarnat

Got the patch already... No probs there. Sounds a bit too promising to me so far!

R

rolgar

I think I'm gonna do the following :

- Create a flame thread on BW to complain that the servers are down AGAIN!!! And this time not just Excal, its all of them...

- Create another flame thread on BW to complain that the chronicles are STILL not working, while 1.62 was anounced for 9:00 this morning...

- Whine about the zerker nerf.

- Reply to some existing threads with meaningless replys like 'Cry more noob' or 'what <playername> said'

- Whine about the PL and focus groups taking the spots of normal XP groups.

- Finaly find time to print a map of SI so I no longer need to ask the /loc of SI-towns on /AS

- decide how to gimp my new /level30'd ranger.

- Whine on BW coz it is only a /Level20'd one.

- Maybe get some work done.

Eurrrr, on second tought... forget that last one. Mezz the boss.

/yawn
Rolgar

A

ashitaka

I will be..

Staying up all night the day before patch so that I get really tired and can get enough sleep to wake up AFTER patching has been done successfully, then dream about me running around and wtfpwning with my new RAPID FIRE and then wake up with high pulse realising I was dreaming (Time should be about 9:00 GMT +1 now) and I have gotten no sleep at all. At this point I'm downloading the patch, and will soon trying to convince my self that if I stare at the server-list hard enough I might change the Prydwen status from "Down" to "Up" with my er... powers.

SIGH! WHERES THAT COFFEINE !

A

Anu

Working till 5pm GMT don't get home till 6pm GMT.

*puts a patch to US servers hex on everyone's PC's*

E

etaew

servers will probably only be up when u get home... :( im still refreshing page... in hope of a server to go up

A

ashitaka

nooooooo.gif

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom