How alike is ps2 and ps1 emulation?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I've emulated some games onto my PC from their original cases (and yes, I have a PS1 too so I'm not doing anything illegal).

What I'm curious to know is - does anyone know if PS2 games work in the same way? Will the PC read them just like PS1 games and then it's a just a case of ISO'ing them onto the PC?

If so - I may consider purchasing a cheap ps2 as they are so cheaply priced now-a-days.

Advice/info welcome although please PM me links so no-one gets a warning ^^

Chronictank

FH is my second home
it is still "illegal" (well ti isnt because it just breaks the EULA like cracks do) even if you own the game and the console because you ae circumventing the copy protection

ps2 has more than one processor compared to the ps1 which only has the one, this is why it is more difficult to emulate the multi-core enviroment.

There are emulators out there but they are pretty poor to be honest, you would be better off pickin gup a cheap ps2 for £30 or so

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Was just thinking the same thing, it's illegal if you've got copied stuff on your computer like that.

Otherwise, you could've always "lost" the CDs and DVDs :D

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
if youre going to buy a PS2 why bother fucking about with emulators and playing the game on a pc monitor?
plug the ps2 into a tv and use the ps2 controllers.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
(I have a PS1 too so I'm not doing anything illegal).

Yes, you are. You cannot make a copy of the PS1 or 2 Bios so technically they are illigal, you are creating an ISO you are also breaking the copyright by copying the software. Though i very much doubt Sony give a shit really.

Assuming you own the games then you can just play the actual disks, you dont need to make an image of them.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
You can easily find bios for ps2 with any search engine or DC++ server. Then you just have to put the ps2 game you "bought" (YOU DID BUY IT RIGHT!?!?) into the dvd player and configure the ps2 emulator. Tho ps2 emulators are really hungry for computer power in the form of ghz and a good graphic card. I have gotten many different ps2 games to work (that i bought!!) (nothing illegal here) Gimme a pm if you need help!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, you are. You cannot make a copy of the PS1 or 2 Bios so technically they are illigal, you are creating an ISO you are also breaking the copyright by copying the software. Though i very much doubt Sony give a shit really.

Assuming you own the games then you can just play the actual disks, you dont need to make an image of them.

Oh - I wasn't aware of this - my bad.

And I did try running it from the actual disk but I found it quite sloppy and it ran better from an ISO.

Oh and I prefer them on the computer/laptop just for convenience really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom