how about scouts get a combat check after blocking

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
pretty damn stupid if i can just shoot them and they always block about 99% and then just stealth up 1 second later and lay a crit shot.

Why blocking isnt regarding as combat for a stealther class is beyond me.

Same you see in sieges all the time. block block block block 20 times and then bam they stealth up like 1 sec later.

Pretty silly if you can just stealth with 5hp left after blocking 10 times while someone rapid fires you.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
So when they suddenly disappear from your targetbox you just stand there and eat critshot instead of moving behind cover? :p

Though I agree that it's strange, but it's not like it's hard to avoid that problem. ;)

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
enigma said:
So when they suddenly disappear from your targetbox you just stand there and eat critshot instead of moving behind cover? :p

Though I agree that it's strange, but it's not like it's hard to avoid that problem. ;)

depends on which problem your looking at, the one where "omg i keep dying when i lose target and stand still" or "fucks sake, its impossible to get a killshot in on these fuckers leaving me with shit all rps"

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
depends on which problem your looking at, the one where "omg i keep dying when i lose target and stand still" or "fucks sake, its impossible to get a killshot in on these fuckers leaving me with shit all rps"

Reading his post explains what problem he made the thread about, aswell as it answers your post. :p

Scouts block shitloads of arrows when they have their shield out, yup, possibly overpowered in keepsieges. It doesn't mean you can't kill them when they are using their bow, which is very possible if you can keep your triggerfinger still for a while and be patient for the scout to unstealth.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
reggie said:
pretty damn stupid if i can just shoot them and they always block about 99% and then just stealth up 1 second later and lay a crit shot.

Same you see in sieges all the time. block block block block 20 times and then bam they stealth up like 1 sec later.

Pretty silly if you can just stealth with 5hp left after blocking 10 times while someone rapid fires you.

i'll swap my shield spec for your DW and melee dmge capabilities :) Plzzzzzzzz ..

nah didnt think so :)

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
i'll swap my shield spec for your DW and melee dmge capabilities :) Plzzzzzzzz ..

dont need dw if all you do is sit on ass in tower with DI bot behind you ;)

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Reggie, try to move away from the keep for once, go around, and shoot the scout in the back. Works pretty well.(This however means you have to get away from your 7 buddies.)

Btw, 2 times you tried, 2 times you fail. i have 8 in shield :p

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
engage ftw xD

bring a friend next time... oh wait! your a ranger!

inflames

Fledgling Freddie
omg, he can't even kill a scout.. LOOOOOOOOL HAHAHAHAHHAH!! :worthy: :worthy: Try to avoid everything and go for unbuffed bbs or something

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
anythign that require more then f8 spamming of random buttons are hard ffs pk

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
dont need dw if all you do is sit on ass in tower with DI bot behind you ;)
check duskwave for my scout and u will see i DONT play him. altho it was my full intention of playing him in NF im having much more fun playing my Friar when i actually get time to be ingame.

as for my scout when i do (rarely) play him. he is 50thrust spec. and doesnt have slam (respec'd 50thrust for nf with PD4 so i can roam around and not just camp keeps etc all the time :)

Mathiyn

Fledgling Freddie
Reggie

I seem to remember you killing me plenty of times, block or no block. :)

I would say to you is to take a leaf out of one of your fellow rangers books and stealth round to a better position than just shoot from the walls. I was at the the tower of a Hib keep (can't remember which, though it was recently) and volleying into the keep. I stayed out of LoS by being down by the waterside, but one of your Ranger mates - Seerch or Seeker or something like that - moved round and shot at me. Didn't kill me but put me off for a while. I'm totally guilty of it too when defending because it seems the easiest option.

The block rate of a scout isnt always the same for each scout. Some spec lower in shield and higher in stealth and Longbow. However, the majority of Scouts (afaik) spec 42 shield for the slam, and thus gets a better block rate as a result too.

If you know there are scouts at the bottom of the hill shooting upwards at you, send in the nightshades.

The key to killing albs is co-ordination. And thats coming from an Alb. :) I love a good fight like everyone else does :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Jpeg[LOD] said:

I'd rather keep shield thank you, but the grass is always greener on the other side, no? ;P

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
I'd rather keep shield thank you, but the grass is always greener on the other side, no? ;P

ive tried 50 and 42 shield spec on my scout (MOBloack4 when i had 50 shield and 400+dex) . and v dw i didnt think it blocked anywhere near enough for me to warrant spending so many spec points.

main enemy i was attempting to slam was assasins . which was hard to land cos i'd sometimes use a whole end bar (if i wasnt dead by end of it) trying to slam them. and with new purge . slam will get purge more often than not....
throw into that i aint got FZ (maybe with u guys having that is why u wanna keep slam),

but me personally would prefer melee than a shield that hardly blocks . only thing it does block effectivly is arrows.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
ive tried 50 and 42 shield spec on my scout (MOBloack4 when i had 50 shield and 400+dex) . and v dw i didnt think it blocked anywhere near enough for me to warrant spending so many spec points.

main enemy i was attempting to slam was assasins . which was hard to land cos i'd sometimes use a whole end bar (if i wasnt dead by end of it) trying to slam them. and with new purge . slam will get purge more often than not....
throw into that i aint got FZ (maybe with u guys having that is why u wanna keep slam),

but me personally would prefer melee than a shield that hardly blocks . only thing it does block effectivly is arrows.

You can't have enough cc. :p

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Jpeg[LOD] said:

I'm on 50thrust 23+15shield with MoB3 so you can see I've equal to a slam scout without any ra's modifying the rating, I'm quite happy with being able to sometimes block a combat round from about 3 people because of the high dex.

FZ isn't required in many fights 1v1 tho :)

tbh I found my old spec of 42shield 39thrust alot more fun then the slightly higher dmg cap.

Wouldn't you rather not insta die vs assisting archers? :p

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:

As archers would seem to make up a very large % of the population atm, maybe high shield is actually a good idea?

karpathus

Fledgling Freddie
Mathiyn said:
Reggie
If you know there are scouts at the bottom of the hill shooting upwards at you, send in the nightshades.

The key to killing albs is co-ordination. And thats coming from an Alb. :) I love a good fight like everyone else does :)

Hey,

I love fair fights aswell however with NF it is hardly ever possible.
And yes cirling around to kill the Scout(s) is a viable obtion however I rarely ever see a Scout without a Mincer on his tail these days.

- Karpathus NS++

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
karpathus said:
Hey,

I love fair fights aswell however with NF it is hardly ever possible.
And yes cirling around to kill the Scout(s) is a viable obtion however I rarely ever see a Scout without a Mincer on his tail these days.

- Karpathus NS++

yes wanted to mention there is a slight problem with sending the nightshades in... ns moves in and then:

Slamed, pwned
Shield-triped, pwned abit l8r
Insta-stuned, used to it ? :p
Zephyred, toa joy

Ns dies and never goes there again

^^

you were faster tho :_)

:worthy:

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
You don't get unstealthed when someone goes up to you and melee you either if you block or evade or if he misses. You also don't get unstealthed if you are hit for 0 damage. This happened to me some days ago, I was just on the edge of the river pbaoe chant thing and I was hit for 0 damage. Obviously the reaver knew I was there then, but it didn't unstealth me so I got away:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom