How about a new area for all them grats threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
Off late you have to search for the 'real info' threads in between all the "Grats <insert random name random RR> ones.

How about the moderators make a new sections where people can post their grats threads? Or we can make one thread where all the grats stuff is posted. Just so those who come here for the RvR info / questions / answering dont have to go to page two to find those threads?

Id say make a poll. I vote for a new section (obviously).

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
Atleast he's making his point clear and in a mature way :)

Gogo grats section \o/

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Aerendur said:
Off late you have to search for the 'real info' threads in between all the "Grats <insert random name random RR> ones.

How about the moderators make a new sections where people can post their grats threads? Or we can make one thread where all the grats stuff is posted. Just so those who come here for the RvR info / questions / answering dont have to go to page two to find those threads?

How about you drink a nice cup of stfu?

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
Like it is at the moment you click on the RvR section and besides RvR threads you could also see if a friend of yours dinged, you congrats him, done. But when you make an entire different section for it, I'd say only a very small part will look and see the grats threads in that section.. You don't want just one birthdaycard at your birthday do you? :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
should have one big grats thread with just the "grats to X on dinging Y" imo

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
should have one big grats thread with just the "grats to X on dinging Y" imo

dont forget a stealthersection while ur on it!

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
no, grats threads are working as intended.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
what other threads do you actually see on the rvr discussions section anyway? fuck making a gratz forum, just call this the grats forum, and let people post rvr stuff here if someone actually does something rvrish

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
imo there should be a

1) sb zerg whine forum
2) alb stealther zerg whine forum
3) gratz forum
4) greycon killing whine forum
5) alb prime time zerg whine forum
6) hib early morning - late (very) night zerg whine forum
7) announcements for change of sex forum
8) a forum where we can say only stupid things (make me a mod at this one)
9) GoA flaming
10) Mythic flaming
11) FH mod flaming
12) gay stuff
12) arti stealing forum

:wij:

Wazowski

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
How about you drink a nice cup of stfu?
jox.JPG

none wants to play with me :kissit:

Bluebolts

Fledgling Freddie
Aerendur said:

they forgot to make a gratz thread for you ? :(

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
What ever u say about Gratsthreads or not, the Forum have gone 90% more boring since all gratsthreads have started, yes I know I will be flamed for saying this. But hands on ur heart is it not that way? :flame:

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
Killrake said:
What ever u say about Gratsthreads or not, the Forum have gone 90% more boring since all gratsthreads have started, yes I know I will be flamed for saying this. But hands on ur heart is it not that way? :flame:

That is really my reason to post this. I know this has been in a few threads before. But the last weeks there have been more and more of these grats threads.

In general Im not against them, but they shouldnt be the majority of posts in this forum. I think last week I even saw a grats on RR5 one, although its nice for anyone to reach RR5, its not worth a post imo.

Make grats threads for RR8+ and Id be happy to keep them in this forum.

Thanks to those who replied in a mature manner.

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
Yes the topic IS old...

Again I support this suggestion... But FH sadly is driven as a democracy rather than the much more sensible common sense.

Personally I simply can't see the "loss" in making a separate Gratz section. I simply can't, I have tried... Others obviously do, and I in general have small trouble NOT clicking on the threads containing any sensible pointers in the title...

So while I am pro Gratz section, I can live with them beeing here. The ONE thing I have seen in other forums is that if you change small things like setup, login req, postcounters, sections... it MAY actually make difference (to better or worse) on factors you wouldn't imideatly suspect. One forum I used to frequent "died" after it started to section things up, and starting to use "rules". Another one got rid of forum spammers, so it can go both ways...

Change a winning team? Well, thats the question...

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
The problem with a grats forum is simple, easy to understand, and here it comes:

If there was a seperate forum filled with just grats threads, no one would read it!

Now, I know thats a lot to say on a friday, but let it sink in for a while... As you might imagine, it would defeat the purpose entirely... With that said, I do think there should be put a minimum on it somehow... I really dont care if someone got RR5, or even RR6... Those are easy to get... I'd say a minimum of RR7 or 8 would be a good idea to cut down the grats threads, as 1M rps really isnt worth one...

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
[NO]Magmatic said:
The problem with a grats forum is simple, easy to understand, and here it comes:

If there was a seperate forum filled with just grats threads, no one would read it!

Lies, all the +1 people would still go there - and amazingly enough, they tend to post in just about every grats thread, unless they hate the person ;p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
err, thats such bs, people who solo with a non stealth and non speed class should be congratulated for every 5k rps they get with the current state of rvr.

people who reroll from alb to mid and use a crocringbot shouldn't be congratulated at all. sorry, couldn't resist :p

you get my point

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Aerendur said:

Ok, you mean you can find threads with "real info" in the RvR section?! :eek2: Where is that useful info cause I can only see grats threads and whines (and whines @ grats threads!) :D

Next thing we will ask is to post only useful things in here which would result in closing down the forums as 90% of what is posted is simply spam!

PS: Hmmm, maybe a filter so everyone not wanting to see grats thread wouldn't see them? :)

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:

Now, I know thats a lot to say on a friday, but let it sink in for a while... As you might imagine, it would defeat the purpose entirely... With that said, I do think there should be put a minimum on it somehow... I really dont care if someone got RR5, or even RR6... Those are easy to get... I'd say a minimum of RR7 or 8 would be a good idea to cut down the grats threads, as 1M rps really isnt worth one...

The German Boards have their own Grats Section and it doesn't look like noone would read it. :p

http://daoc.foren.4players.de/viewforum.php?f=121

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
to all the q_q's who say: like this hasnt been psoted 100000000 tims be4.

Maybes its because they have a point? and no fecking moderator listens it?

u really think i care about some hibbie just dinged rr6? wow great 4 him lol, like i care:x it's not like i can't sleep withouth a gratz thread u know.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Marczje said:
Like it is at the moment you click on the RvR section and besides RvR threads you could also see if a friend of yours dinged, you congrats him, done. But when you make an entire different section for it, I'd say only a very small part will look and see the grats threads in that section.. You don't want just one birthdaycard at your birthday do you? :p
and u know why so few watch it then?

COZ NO 1 CARES!:p

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:

I agree on both main points... Still can't see any loss for a RvR section as such though:) I really can't... Would ppl post less? Would achivements not get the street cred it deserve? Would "the community" loose anything?

While cutting off RR5 and 6 would probably remove some threads it really do not solve the "problem" (feel free to read "discussed topic" if you disagree with my wording). On the front page of this section currently there are 1 or 2 RR5 and 6 gratz, and 8 RR7 and above threads. While I AM really impressed (and a little bit concerned for their sanity) by the ppl which puts time and effort into making it to the high RR, I feel that 10'ish threads at any given time is a bit much. I know I'm often to lazy to read anything BUT the front page of forums unless I have lots of time available. The excistance of Gratz is in such a perspective a nice timesaver:)

Then again I do not RvR on Excal, so I accept that others have a more genuine interest of the milestones of other memebers of the RvR community than I do. As stated I have VERY little trouble NOT clicking on them, so np really.

Then again the "real" RvR threads are not always worthwhile reading either for that matter, but thoose topics I DO open post with a glimmer of hope of seeing something amusing and interesting... Gratz's can't even offer me that...

My 200 plats (Gorre has caused an inflation)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
err, thats such bs, people who solo with a non stealth and non speed class should be congratulated for every 5k rps they get with the current state of rvr.

people who reroll from alb to mid and use a crocringbot shouldn't be congratulated at all. sorry, couldn't resist :p

you get my point

i never forgive you for not buffing me on gorre ! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom